OnePlus is no longer Community driven, it's forcing decisions down the throat of Users!

?

What do you as a user feel about the 3.5 mm jack ?

1. Must Have

74 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. It's better if it's there

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No need

26 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Sykora
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

Sykora , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Just bought new headphones with a 3,5mm jack. How should I listen to them in the future?

Oh and no, I can't buy an adapter. Often I listen to music while charging my phone.

So unfortunately my last OnePlus phone for now. Maybe I'll come back in the future when every brand will get rid of the headphone jack. But as of now, there are plenty of other brands which are worth trying.

2. jay5t
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2018

jay5t , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I agree with most of the comments here and I understand everyone's frustration. I sold my Pixel 2 XL last year and bought a OnePlus 5T because of the headphone jack and the price. However I had a pair of Bluetooth earphones before I bought the phone and don't leave the house without them. We are moving to a wireless future and if we want wireless accessories to get better we have to ditch certain hardware.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018

Vladut123 and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  3. EvanRemmy
    Donut Sep 13, 2018

EvanRemmy , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I'll never buy another OP again. I was a first time customer with the OP6 because the phone had a headphone jack. Don't do this OP. DON'T DO THIS.

Vladut123 likes this.
  4. wlonsdale
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

5. G_Puneet_cool_iSQz
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

G_Puneet_cool_iSQz , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I love one plus 6 IAM great fan I do but and change like solgan says never settle I keep upgrading to nw one plus 6 products
    now it's time for me to stop my upgrading becoz without a head phone jack I don't think I will go for that one plus 6t phone. I like mainly one plus community becoz .it change and Design products with people wish .maybe this head phone jack can be included

Vladut123 likes this.
  6. Aathif_Mahir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Aathif_Mahir , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Well Said, Everyone is blaming OnePlus that they did something wrong to them but they were not, Bluetooth Headphones reach iteration to be use for primetime. Therefore removal of headphone jack isn't a case anymore. Apple removed the headphone jack 2 years ago, Those days we are not in the iteration where Bluetooth headphones reached a standard but now it's the time. As per survey around 65% to 70% user's were switched to Bluetooth headphones, Therefore it's time for every manufacturer to get rid of headphone jack.

Vladut123 likes this.
  7. syntek99
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

syntek99 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    There's enough tears on this thread to fill up lake michigan... I guess if your born in the midst of this technology, people tend to not appreciate it... These devices still amaze the hell out of me.... I got a pair of Jabra 65t elites... They sound as good as any wired headphones I've ever used... Good luck everybody... Peace...

Vladut123 and jujudelgado like this.
  8. jujudelgado
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2018

jujudelgado , Sep 13, 2018 :
    well, I always hated earphones without cable but I came to realize that it's part of the mobile revolution. and it's freaking awesome not having wires hanging anywhere while you're enjoying your music.
    OnePlus phones have an awesome software and battery so all the ideas about Bluetooth and battery draining for me are gone since I got my first wireless earphones and I'm loving it m

Donwilly and Vladut123 like this.
  9. syntek99
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

syntek99 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Elon Musk did say, though, the new Teslas will come preloaded with all the old school Atari games... PacMan, Donkey Kong, Missile Command, etc... Pretty cool...

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. G_SeptiX
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

G_SeptiX , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Try a USB C driven headset and then a 3,5mm jack pair, the difference is huge. It's the right step towards the future of sound and headphone design, USB delivers better sound quality than the headphone jack. The big change with USB Type-C audio is that rather than sending analog signals over the wires to the headphones, only a digital signal will be sent. The digital-to-analog converter, filtering circuits, and headphone amplifier will then all be housed in the headset near the headphones. Moving this circuitry slightly closer to the final headphone output might help remove some noise that’s picked up by long headphone cables and will keep important audio circuitry further away from noisy processing and radio hardware found inside phones. And I'm using wireless headphones anyways so f... it.

it'll be fine.

Vladut123 likes this.
  11. Jesusmanuel22
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

jay5t and Vladut123 like this.
  12. vivek__31
    Froyo Sep 14, 2018

vivek__31 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    wtf ,,,y all smartphones just follow apple,,,i think thats y apple doesn't need to promote its products,,bcs other brands make it so popular,,,apple brought face id , other companies including oneplus follow it,,apple brought notch oneplus follow it,,apple removed 3.5 mm jack OnePlus gonna follow it,,,thnx to Samsung who is really competing n not following apple blindly like oneplus,,,i admire oneplus a alot but this notch n removal of jack i hate n also oneplus please remove ur flagship killer tag cos its no more flagship killer,,,u r just another smartphone out there in market,,, nothing new innovation,,,

Vladut123 and cruzAD like this.
  13. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

cruzAD , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I hate the lack of external storage, but I can live with it, because double SIM and Jack are still present and I have a second phone with external storage and with ruggedness . But I would hardly buy a phone without jack (and addition to that, without external storage and without ruggedness ) these are too much compromises. I bought 5T (with worse conditions) when 6 was already available, because I did not want a glass back cover. People like practical parameters

14. D1531313518896
    Froyo Sep 14, 2018

D1531313518896 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    don't just remove headphone jack like iPhone did. OnePlus should hear their user, which is us....and we want to retain 3.5 mm jack.....

OnePlus team, are you people wanted to follow and be call the clone company of apple or stand out as OnePlus "Never settle".

15. vivek__31
    Froyo Sep 14, 2018

vivek__31 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    bro i completely agree with u [e]1f44d[/e]

16. G_Luke_Shoesmith_CtxT
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

G_Luke_Shoesmith_CtxT , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I'm still using the 3T and was really looking forward to the 6T. I've been frustrated by the placement of the fingerprint reader being on the back of the newer phones and was happy to see the under screen fingerprint reader on the 6T, but the headphone jack being removed is a huge deal. I've just got anew pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones and chose a wired option to be compatible with other devices such as my PC and HiFi system. I will have to weigh it up Vs the other options when it comes round to upgrade time again. Sad times.

Bugis, Bouncer71, Abhi Dahiya and 2 others like this.
  17. vipul_sethi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2018

vipul_sethi , Sep 14, 2018 :
    Pixel 2 XL was launched in Oct,2017 and 5T in November,2017 within a month of purchase you sold your Pixel 2 XL for 5T

Vladut123 likes this.
  18. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

cruzAD , Sep 14, 2018 :
    Hmmm... Anyways fingerprint sensor on the back is comfortable, I like it. And you can use gestures with it. It is not as bad on the back, but the lack of jack is a different story.

Bugis and Vladut123 like this.
  19. p51d007
    KitKat Sep 14, 2018

p51d007 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I'm one of those types that have NEVER used ear buds because I don't need them jacked into my ears 24/7. Why? Because I don't need the loop recording to remind me to breathe in...breathe out :p
    Hey, if they take it out and it means that much to you, then buy something else. If sales drop that much, they might put it back in. I think the trend though is wireless, and, although more expensive than most corded ear buds, to me, they are a bit on the safer side as I've seen many phones get ripped out of people's hands when the cord caught on something, or they get tangled, or stepped on and damaged.
    Plus, minus the jack, they can make it a little less likely to have water/moisture enter though that port.
    I see that in a couple years, they will probably remove the charge port, and switch everything to wireless charging, again, to sell more expensive chargers, but to also seal up the phone for a couple reasons. Make it more water resistant, and HARDER for people to repair them, without resorting to an expensive repair shop.

Vladut123 likes this.
  20. Onji
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

Bugis, Anmol 45, cruzAD and 2 others like this.