Oneplus issues with Tmobile anyone?

1. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 3, 2014 :
    I'm anxiously waiting for my phone to be delivered to me by tomorrow.
    I'm just wondering after reading someone having issues with the phone reading ATT sims card, does anyone have any issues or bugs with the phone working on Tmobile?
    Like, bad reception (or even worse), WIFI connect issues, phone not being able to send text messages or sending pictures messages, as well as receiving, low volume call hearing or the phone just not being able to read your sims card? Or anything that i've missed?
    I'll give my review of this phone really soon as I have not done this before, but the hype of this phone definitely needs one from me. I'll mention everything that I've done.
    I will also upload a video of unopening the package as I have planned to do this already, in case it comes as a hardware defect, so I can show them right away. Good to me and everyone else that's going to receive the phone soon! Cheers!
    Also, if my phone does come defect-free, I'll give away my invites as soon as I get them, but don't bother me asking me. I don't want money, I don't want beggars, rather someone I know who truly will be happy with the phone. I'll post an update soon.

2. tonyc52070
    Honeycomb Oct 3, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  3. bwinterton
    Donut Oct 3, 2014

bwinterton , Oct 3, 2014 :
    I just recieved my OPO on Wednesday and I use T-Mobile. Activation was simple, I simply flopped my sim card from my nexus 5 into my OPO and *ding!* it was done! It was really a simple process. However, the next morning I received a picture message that wouldn't come through, and then I realized I couldn't send picture messages either. After reading through a few forum posts, I did a factory reset on the phone and this fixed everything. Something about the settings it comes with must have screwed up my MMS. But, after my factory reset, I have not had a single problem and I do not think I have ever been happier with a phone! I don't have any of the problems that others have been seeing, no yellow screen, call volume is high, etc. I am in love!

TL;DR
    Just do a factory reset when you get the phone and everything will work fabulously! Congratulations and welcome to the club! ;)

Andoenay likes this.
  4. Saumik Chaurasia
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2014

5. biker_chick
    Froyo Oct 3, 2014

biker_chick , Oct 3, 2014 :
    I moved from Verizon to TMo. I am noticing longer call connect time, in terms of 10s of seconds. I also saw issue with some text messages, which it failed to send.

These could be TMo vs Verizon (instead of OPO) issues. Lately so many people are jumping to TMo, and their networks are getting overworked.

6. bwinterton
    Donut Oct 3, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  7. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 3, 2014 :
    I'm guessing factory reset is in the settings option?

8. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 3, 2014 :
    I've been a loyal tmobile customer for 9 years and just received a call saying that I can add another line for free, but that was after i cancelled one lawl. There were always issues with text messaging with tmobile when I had the sgs3 and nexus4. sometimes the text message will spam the same message like 10 times and annoy the other person or sometimes will receive errors and I don't like to see that red exclamation point on my text messages as it shows up as a notification (I like my notification bar empty, weird habit).

9. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

10. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

11. 69gm
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2014

69gm , Oct 3, 2014 :
    Hmm, I haven't had any issue with TMo and I've been a customer since they were VoiceStream!

12. Statos
    Froyo Oct 3, 2014

Statos , Oct 3, 2014 :
    These people make it sound so easy and I hope it is for you. But some of us still cant get LTE service just 3G and H+. Signal always jumping around ,drives you nuts. When you get the phone dont update if it asks you to right away. Test each update as you go. Who knows you might get the phone with 33r on it already. Good Luck.

13. wmm
    KitKat Oct 3, 2014

wmm , Oct 3, 2014 :
    My experience with T-Mobile on the 1+1 has been very good. I just moved my SIM card from my Nexus 4 (which I never modded to have LTE) into the 1+1, and everything was fine, no problems. I get download speeds in the 40+ Mbps range routinely and haven't had any problems with signal strength; if anything, I get a bit higher signal strength than the other phones I've tested against on both wireless and wifi. I haven't sent any MMSes, but I received one the other day with no problem. I initially had a volume problem with the speakerphone (got mine in mid-July), but that was fixed with the 30O update and I haven't had any issues since.

14. Boricua
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2014

15. Pecan Turtle
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2014

Pecan Turtle , Oct 3, 2014 :
    They are self absorbed, immature and will not recognize that some of us have different problems and responses to fixes than others. I've had the same problems a you describe since the 33R OTA and have stopped using the OPO as my daily driver and am hoping for a fix with next OPA.

Statos likes this.
  16. OneZero
    Eclair Oct 17, 2014

OneZero , Oct 17, 2014 :
    People are telling me that they are having to call me 2 and three times because my phone is going straight to voice mail..and also there is a connection delay when answering the phone. The is a 2 second silence, and I find myself saying hello hello until they answer...but everything is working

17. ssm316
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2014

ssm316 , Oct 20, 2014 :
    My experience has been poor
    I have had my phone a tad under 2 weeks. I was excited to get it. Ordering very easy. Ordered it on a Saturday got it on a Tuesday.

The camera is fantastic on it. Very fast and nice.
    I had no yellow banding. No quality defects from the outside that I could see.

The phone instantly got the OTA update to 38R. Setting it up was easy as pie since Google pulls everything down.

But the killer deal for me the past 2 weeks has been the antenna. I have T-Mobile and I even have a LTE booster in my home. Yet I get 1 bar maybe 2 on the phone on LTE. At work where with the S4 I was always on 5 bars I dropped down to EDGE and even completely lost connection many times.

The Wifi on the Phone hasn't been fantastic either. I have an AC router and I was excited to get something that could use it. Sadly I can't keep it connected to 5ghz channel to save my life.

Its been bad. For me it became a $350 brick. Its a lovely looking device. However as a phone and internet device to me its worthless.

I am debating Ebay or hoping and praying the antenna issue is software.

That sums up my experience so far.

Here is my comparison shots.

[s4 signal](http://i.imgur.com/Sjno24F.png)

[OPO signal](http://i.imgur.com/Li5J2yG.png)

I am sitting by the signal booster too.