OnePlus just CANCELED my order....

1. FlyErik
    Froyo Sep 25, 2015

FlyErik , Sep 25, 2015 :
    So after exactly 14 days of "Pending Shipment" status, OnePlus has made me start my order all over again.

I received an email this morning telling me that they don't have the OnePlus Two Otter Box case in "Snow Fire", despite my being able to order it on the day my original order was placed. SO, instead of crediting me for the $25 and then shipping everything else; or telling me that they would ship it later, once it becomes available again; they've decided just to completely close the order and give me a new invite to use to place a new order! So I get to just start all over again - a total waste of two full weeks.

RIDICULOUS.

If i wasn't so curious about this new phone, I would have just given this invite to someone else and let OnePlus fade into the background.

This company has truly failed on multiple levels. They fail their loyal fans with this kind of "customer service", instead of handling it like a more mature company would. They fail their loyal fans with this ridiculous "invite system" which makes people wait, strings them along, and then lets them down with canceled orders because they've simply overpromised.

I think this will be my last transaction with OnePlus, as I cannot continue to waste so much time and effort just to get a smartphone. Perhaps it's just worth the extra money to buy a Samsung, an LG, or a device from Google. At least when they can't fulfill something in an order, they just ship it separately, rather than making the customer start the entire process all over again!

#FAIL
    #iSettled

2. hotsauce
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2015

sunilbagalur likes this.
  3. sunilbagalur
    KitKat Sep 25, 2015

4. jizang
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2015

jizang , Sep 25, 2015 :
    I don't think it's OP fault this time. I don't think paypal allows for partial refund, it's ether a full refund or no refund. I could be wrong though

5. AntMunny
    KitKat Sep 25, 2015

6. FlyErik
    Froyo Sep 25, 2015

FlyErik , Sep 25, 2015 :
    Here is the email I received. I then received a separate email with a new invite code. This was a standard invite email as if I'd never received one - and as if I'd never wasted two full weeks of my life waiting for my order.

Attached Files:

7. FlyErik
    Froyo Sep 25, 2015

FlyErik , Sep 25, 2015 :
    You're right on that - but any other company would just ship the rest of the order, and then they would ship the other item when it becomes available, since they overpromised and said something was in stock but weren't able to fulfill it.

8. jizang
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2015

jizang , Sep 25, 2015 :
    I think they should HAVE asked you what you wanted instead though :p.

FlyErik likes this.
  9. westcoldspring
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2015

westcoldspring , Sep 25, 2015 :
    That sucks! I guess I missed that bullet because I too ordered the "Snow Fire" Otterbox. Items will arrive tomorrow.

FlyErik likes this.
  10. rkmunjuluri
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2015

rkmunjuluri , Sep 25, 2015 :
    Well that is truly #NEVER SETTLE to solve the issues by OP2.

11. westcoldspring
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2015

westcoldspring , Sep 25, 2015 :
    I'm pretty sure you can do partial refunds with PayPal. I'm not sure if Oneplus is able to facilitate on their end...probably too much work.

On the other hand, I was not charged additional shipping when I added the case. So if Oneplus wanted to ship when it's back "in stock", they would need to pay additional shipping...and that's not going to happen.

FlyErik likes this.
  12. somnathmukher
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2015

hotsauce likes this.
  13. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2015

14. westcoldspring
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2015

westcoldspring , Sep 26, 2015 :
    I too do like the iPhone...but it does cost 2 - 3 times more than the OPT. Is it true you get what you pay for?

FlyErik likes this.
  15. natsanjuan
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

natsanjuan , Sep 28, 2015 :
    this same exact thing happened to me except I didn't even receive an email from OnePlus support. I got an email from PayPal saying my order was cancelled and will be refunded to my account.

I was extremely confused and did not find the reason for my order being cancelled 'till I submitted a ticket and searched through forums.

I also was at about 14 days of a pending shipment. I don't even know if the phone is worth waiting for anymore. I can walk into an AT&T store and get a Samsung right there at that moment and go on with my day without running into amateur problems like this.

I also have yet to receive the replacement invite ugh

16. evilone
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

evilone , Sep 28, 2015 :
    they sure know how to handle their customers... #SARCASM

17. mtywe
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

mtywe , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Last year i ordered a couple of things, one went out of stock and it all shipped separately. That sucks.

natsanjuan likes this.
  18. p51d007
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

p51d007 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Fate is telling you to CANCEL THE ENTIRE ORDER, let the invite expire, and go with a more REPUTABLE company.

[​IMG]

19. Papao
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

Papao , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I am sorry, can you tell me again what did you order? buddy.....:D:D:D:D

20. urnotalone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2015