OnePlus just deleted the "ladies only" contest

1. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

flynnsarcade , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The scantily clad photo of the barely legal (actually probably not legal in most countries), Asian girl may have had something to do with the straight deletion of the thread. Even OP has to draw the line somewhere... it was clearly getting out of hand.

Best just nuke the thread... it's the only way to be sure.

[​IMG]

catsarecool likes this.
  2. childofthehorn
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

childofthehorn , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I dunno bout that....
    [​IMG]

3. dayanandgp
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

4. thepanttherlady
    Community Veteran Aug 12, 2014

thepanttherlady , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I don't frequent those sites so I only heard about them when I saw threads being opened and I was tagged. Guess who's sites I absolutely won't be visiting again? LOL

5. XmXmaks
    KitKat Aug 12, 2014

XmXmaks , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Aw. Your ID is like 173165?

Namidae likes this.
  6. yaltis
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2014

yaltis , Aug 12, 2014 :

7. ech01
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

ech01 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    First 100 transgendered hispanic midgets get an invite and a can cooler.

8. Edward
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2014

Edward , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The problem is that OP does not have a presences outside of China to manage the english forums. They need people that are in different areas of the world at different times zone that are engrossed in the cell phone industry that can respond effectively to issues. The fact that they didn't take action sooner is because they are not listening, it's been quite literally the take of the town all morning.

9. AONETAKEP
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

AONETAKEP , Aug 12, 2014 :
    What pisses me off:

The first tip for beggars on cupcake level is always: Change your avatar for a supersexyhot chick to get an invite.

DELETE THESE TIPS FIRST!

10. kiahnlliya

11. Sanna
    Froyo Aug 12, 2014

Sanna , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Yes i know.... And in the contest i had like 160 likes...

12. DimitrisMat
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

13. agzhao
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

agzhao , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Terrible idea from the start. maybe forum members understand how difficult it is to get an invite, but the Media already tore OPO a new *******. Gizmodo had a post up within an hour of the thread thrashing OPO's marketing team. And since OPO's marketing is via word-of-mouth, any negative press is TERRIBLE for OPO.

Namidae, patchfinder and yaltis like this.
  14. yaltis
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2014

yaltis , Aug 12, 2014 :
    go hide from the truth,

15. 70n

70n , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Lol, i like the way how one plus resembles the internet, and the way the internet and the real world don't go together all that good.

16. 70n

17. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

18. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 12, 2014

keithnyc , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I totally hear you. The funny thing about offending folks is that we all have our own constructs and filters as to what's "offensive" and what isn't. What I do personally and the criteria I personally use when giving out my invites doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I am a nobody in the scheme of things and I am willing to accept the consequences of my actions. . But when a corporation does it, well that's a little different because of the scope of their influence (social responsibility of corporate entities and such....). And there are consequences to their actions as well, but the consequences play out on a bigger scale.
    I guess a good rule of thumb next time for OPO might be to introduce an idea to a small group of folks (sort of like a focus groups that a lot of companies tend to use.....)and if a certain subset of that group (small-minded or otherwise) all raise their eyebrows, they might want to re-think it.

Thanatos likes this.
  19. megjenrod
    Donut Aug 12, 2014

megjenrod , Aug 12, 2014 :
    There is nothing wrong with being beautiful. We live in America and I am free to take photos however I would like. Your opinion is yours only and thats fine. Why judge others? You should worry about yourself and let others live the way they want. Like Tupac said, only god can judge me :) Just to emphasize my appreciation for the freedom to post what we want, I will repost my pictures. It really is too bad that you have to judge others and can not just accept that not everyone shares exactly the same morals\beliefs as you. I believe that every individual has the right to act however they would like. It's thinking like yours which keeps us stuck in the past. It is time to be free and expressive and to have no fear of judgement from others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. scy1192
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

scy1192 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    wow I didn't even notice this place is at nearly 200k users...