OnePlus just deleted the "ladies only" contest

1. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 12, 2014

keithnyc , Aug 12, 2014 :
    and in a few days, it will all be diminished into the internet ether......

yaltis likes this.
  2. Walkin_mn
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2014

3. bushongadong
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

skhaan likes this.
  4. quaser
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

quaser , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I saw the comments here, and after checking my FB, I could still make comments. Have to say I think it is a disgraceful way to issue invites. I did predict that OPO would turn to an almost random invite system as a way to keep the excitement, something which I deplore. There are people here who have been members from early on but who can't get an invite, while others only joined 10 minutes ago, and are already bragging that they have blagged an invite. Unfair.

mayo1024 likes this.
  5. GigabitEthernet
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2014

keithnyc likes this.
  6. Edward

Edward , Aug 12, 2014 :
    It don't think the post was intended to be taken the way it was. The mod honestly didn't think the post through and realized that they should have approached it in a different way. It think they had good intentions, plus there are plenty of horrible or worse examples of this sort of thing from the media and other companies. The reason why they are getting so much attention because they are a start up company that has taken the cell phone industry by storm and people will criticize regardless if they do something right or wrong.

keithnyc likes this.
  7. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 12, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The idea of the contest is fine, but it shouldn't have been on a vote system. It should have been just post a pic and you're entered.

Namidae, catsarecool and marikathomas like this.
  8. scy1192
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

scy1192 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Yeah I don't know why people don't understand this... how messed up do you have to be to assume pictures of women are inherently misogynistic?

Tech bloggers, man...

treefiddy and yaltis like this.
  9. 7ISFX7

10. breeze
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

11. catsarecool
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

catsarecool , Aug 12, 2014 :
    yeah WTF. They should give her at least a couple of tshirts for taking a bikini photo in the snow.

12. xtinagajny
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2014

xtinagajny , Aug 12, 2014 :
    No wonder OP deleted it in the end, people were behaving like children! It was just a bit of harmless fun that was turned sour by a bunch of opinionated grumps with nothing better to do! There were a load of genuinely lovely and fun pics being posted that didn't deserve to be deleted. People seriously need to get a GRIP! they were just pictures of people with OP logos. As for the fake ones etc, just grow up and ignore it! I am guessing those of us who made the effort will not be getting invites now? SHAME on the haters!!

13. custm_made
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

14. Owliekiss
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

15. maxod
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

16. GuateRider
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

17. abrahamsamuel
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

18. gmo8492
    Lollipop Aug 12, 2014

19. keninmec
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2014

keninmec , Aug 12, 2014 :
    No the problem i snot doing a woman pictures contest... The problem is how the winners would be choosed...

users voting.. like girls are a pieces of meat. this is the problem and this is a shame...

Namidae, CosmicSurgeon and Skf123 like this.
  20. netuoso
    Froyo Aug 12, 2014

netuoso , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I was one of the girls that submitted to the contest because I like posing in pictures and I'm a security researcher wanting this phone (hopefully it has an unlocked boot loader since its shipping with custom OS)

Will someone please share an invite with me? I have the picture I submitted still I can share

Edit: I'd really prefer the 64gb but it doesn't matter too much