Oneplus Launcher crashing after new nord ce update via OnePlus Community App

1. pkkeshari , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2021 :
    OnePlus launcher is crashing after nee nord ce update.
    Checked OnePlus launcher version and it is showing 5.1.9. Where as on Google Play Store I see 5.1.8.
    Not even able to uninstall and reinstall the OnePlus launcher. Tried resetting the cache without wiping data of the phone. Also reset the cache and data of OnePlus launcher and still not working. Please provide a fix for this.
    1627581566662.jpg

1627581400015.jpg

Vandana Rao E likes this.
  3. pkkeshari , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Can you share the apkmirror url link? I tried downloading 5.1.8 and installing but it didn't install for me.

5. Last edited: Jul 30, 2021

KhalidbinSajid and Vandana Rao E like this.
  6. VivekMN13 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Maybe they have ported the version from beta program in playstore, not sure though.

Vandana Rao E and pkkeshari like this.
  7. I1624795160750 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Yes. The Oneplus launcher has crashed after the update. I cannot browse any app too. I had to download an apk file launcher from another phone and install that in my phone. Will have to use this third party app launcher until everything is rectified. Very disappointed OnePlus team!

8. Duhsak@
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

9. Vandana Rao E , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I thought I was the only one who was facing this issue since yesterday night! Tried to debug and see where exactly things went wrong and it has been perfectly stated here.

I tried all the means and I had to finally to a factory reset. When done, it worked but it feel through again if you switch off or turn down your phone!

I seriously hope OnePlus looks into this issue on priority and roll out another subsequent build.

Btw does that link from apkmirror work?

VivekMN13 likes this.
  10. VivekMN13 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Yea the link of APK mirror works.
    You can even go tonthat site and make a search, it'll list it (the site is completely safe)
    Bugs like these are a serious concern as it directly affects the usability of the phone, but this issue seems to happening only for some users : going through the forum threads, hence the bug may have escaped undetected.

11. Vandana Rao E , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I guess this issue of the Launcher failing is happening to everyone who has updated their OOS to 11.0.5.

After you have installed the apk of 2.4.2, did you try to restart your phoen again? Did it not crash again?

12. VivekMN13 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I restarted it once, didn't face any issues post that. Has been stable.

VivekMN13 likes this.
  14. himanshu7saini
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

16. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jul 31, 2021

Dipjyoti Nath , Jul 31, 2021 :
    We are sorry to hear that you have faced such an inconvenience with your device while operating it and thereby have contacted you through direct message for further details.

17. Dipjyoti Nath

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with regards to this concern of yours. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation to gather more insights regarding this. Please check for the same.

18. Dipjyoti Nath

We are extremely sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with device usage and thereby have sent personal message regarding the same to gather further more information.

19. Dipjyoti Nath

We understand your concern and could relate what you are facing for such an issue arising within your device and thereby have contacted you via personal message for further details.

20. F1625565699893
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

F1625565699893 , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Just updated and facing the same issue. Already sent one crash report (through play store I think).

Apparently there's no option to uninstall updates either.