OnePlus Launcher Disabled on OxygenOS 10.0.0

1. Pranav_prakash
    Donut Jun 2, 2020

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

Waveform Modifier , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Not all new features are for your device. It wouldn't activate if it's not coded for your device. At that post you took up more space on your phone for nothing. You are downloading bloat at that point.

3. Pranav_prakash
    Donut Jun 2, 2020

Pranav_prakash , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Well, if you have a device that can handle the latest version of an application with new features then why not?

Also I agree with you. 'Not all new features are for my device.' If OnePlus rolled out an OTA update with 960fps recording or some feature that'd make apps run at higher frame rates, then yeah, those aren't the features that I should be looking forward to have in a device like my old OnePlus 5. But for basic apps like the Launcher, Gallery and File Manager? Then you're wrong. There are no features that any device isn't capable of handling that could be integrated with apps like these. Those are the few but important things that'd make the user experience better. So yeah, I think anyone who is using such an application deserves all the future updates. :)

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

I agree on the gallery and the file manager, but I still disagree with the launcher. I'm not going to comment further. Let's agree to disagree.

5. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2020

biplabloveu , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I'm not pretty sure that why it's happening but here is the thing.
    You've to be in the android 10 beta once then flash official 10 full package. You'll get future updates for beta too. Untill the launch of Android 11 atleast.
    If you want a solution and you can live without the beta features then do this.
    If you can't live without the beta features (maybe or may not be available for your phone) and don't worry about your data then full format your phone. It'll work too.

Here is some proofs from my OnePlus 5.

1591063670349.jpg

1591063670433.jpg

1591063670505.jpg

6. biplabloveu

Knowledge level = 0
    Helping others = 0
    Arguments = 200

Great people in the great community.

7. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

Me not agreeing with someone is not helpful? You must have a really narrow world view. Go back to your cave.

8. biplabloveu

Here you go.

You've showed up what you can do.

Ha ha.

9. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2020

Beast✓ , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Finally one plus could see the things after i guess more than 100+ comments. Now oneplus launcher is showing compatible with oneplus 5 in play store even in android 9.

10. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jun 2, 2020

SoniaB , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Thread merged.
    Please ensure you follow forum rules and search first

Tobikage likes this.
  11. Memerina
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

Memerina , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Interesting to see that the Google Play store now has an option for devs to display a message stating "... anymore" rather then just saying it isn't compatible at all. Anyone know how long that has been a thing?