OnePlus Launches the One Exclusively with Amazon.in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikas A.
    General Manager of OnePlus India Staff Member Nov 25, 2014

Vikas A. , Nov 25, 2014 :
    OnePlus Launches the One Exclusively with Amazon.in
    Product Focus Meets Consumer Focus in Groundbreaking Partnership​

OnePlus and Amazon.in today announced their plans to bring the One to India. This exclusive partnership marks OnePlus’ first expansion into a new market with local presence. This also marks their first cooperation with a local partner. The One will be available for purchase on Amazon.in starting December 2nd, 2014.

A New Chapter

Though not yet a year old, OnePlus has made waves in the tech industry with their flagship product, the OnePlus One. A top-spec flagship smartphone featuring premium design and build quality, the One was launched to rave reviews in seventeen countries worldwide.

OnePlus is now embarking on their next chapter as a company with an expansion into the Indian market. This expansion brings not just a new device, but an entirely new team and model. To provide the best possible user experience, OnePlus India will have a physical presence, the first outside of their headquarters, with a local team led by General Manager of OnePlus India, Vikas Agarwal. This will be the first region in which a localized service infrastructure is established, offering phone and walk-in support to users around the country.

“Our company focuses first on our users and our product,” said Pete Lau, CEO of OnePlus. “We want to provide the best possible experience for our Indian users who have been so supportive of our vision. To do that, we are investing heavily in our Indian operations and partnering with the fastest growing and most admirable e-commerce company in the market, Amazon.in”

Customer Focused Collaboration

To establish a presence that would best serve our Indian fans, OnePlus looked to one of the most venerable and customer-centric companies in the world. OnePlus will partner exclusively with Amazon.in to sell the OnePlus One and accessories.

Inspired by Amazon’s deep commitment to their users and the impact they have had upon the e-commerce landscape, both globally and in India, OnePlus is excited about the exceptional level of service and superior user experience this partnership will offer to customers.

Combining the product-focused nature of OnePlus with the consumer focused values of Amazon, the collaboration between these two global companies, equally committed to India, marks a new chapter in the Indian tech space.

“We are very excited to bring this much awaited phone for our customers in India. And we are having real fun with the unique marketing initiatives for the launch. It fits right into our philosophy of bringing wide and unique selections and experiences for our customers,” said Amit Agarwal, Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India.

One Launching December 2, 2014

Keeping in line with the global invite system, users in India will receive India-specific invites through OnePlus and Amazon.in. The two platforms have been integrated so that invites claimed into a OnePlus account will be used to purchase the device on Amazon.in. Starting today, users interested in buying the One can log onto oneplus.net/in and register their interest for an invite.

The One will be available for purchase only on Amazon.in with invites starting December 2, 2014.

About OnePlus
    OnePlus is a technology startup committed to bringing the best possible technology to users around the world. Created around the mantra, “Never Settle”, OnePlus creates exquisitely designed devices with premium build quality high performance hardware. For more information, please visit oneplus.net.

About Amazon.in
    The Amazon.in marketplace is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Ltd, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN). Amazon.in seeks to build the most customer-centric online destination for customers to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving them more of what they want – vast selection, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient experience; and provide sellers with a world-class e-commerce platform.

We have made a very special video to announce this partnership!

USEFUL LINKS:
    - Amazon's OnePlus page: http://www.amazon.in/oneplusone
    - OnePlus India website: https://oneplus.net/in

PRK.R, shindeswap, hari5741 and 246 others like this.
  2. sa6an
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

3. Rajat-Sheoran
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

Rajat-Sheoran , Nov 26, 2014 :
    WOW ! Woke up to this ! Great news ! Thank you for making it a swift progress in past few days ! Really really excited ! :)

4. BOBINS
    Froyo Nov 26, 2014

5. manishsingh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2014

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

6. manish_iitg
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2014

7. Darsh0003
    Froyo Nov 26, 2014

8. MuksTheRaider
    Donut Nov 26, 2014

9. Darsh0003
    Froyo Nov 26, 2014

vikrambarthwal and pranavudaya like this.
  10. rajkharibam
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

rajkharibam , Nov 26, 2014 :
    I am one of your early supporters -- have been waiting for this phone for over 6 months now. i am not really interested in any contest - i have seen it all. I have had 2 invites already , but have not been able to buy yet.
    My point is what about supporters like me - I have registered already on your new "dot.in" thing ... but please for us old timers sake - - please don't ask us to go through all those contest and earn stuff -- we are too old for those thingies. you know what i mean. @Vikas

11. spartanishan
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

spartanishan , Nov 26, 2014 :

Yaay...thanks @Vikas you made my morning.... but any news about the 100 members getting ISI invite? #excitedforonepluslaunch

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

knkr, Nishanthvic and pranavudaya like this.
  12. shuprainfotech
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2014

shuprainfotech , Nov 26, 2014 :

pranavudaya and chakinalam like this.
  13. tsriram
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2014

knkr and pranavudaya like this.
  14. indianblood
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2014

15. yash_7348
    Donut Nov 26, 2014

yash_7348 , Nov 26, 2014 :
    That's a wonderful news, but I have a question. If we have the OPO ready to be ordered in our carts not through an India-specific invite but through a general invite, will we be able to order the phone in India? Or India-specific invites are necessary to do so?

abhi.marshal and pranavudaya like this.
  16. r.aditya1987
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

17. Naveen BA
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2014

18. giridar123
    Donut Nov 26, 2014

pranavudaya likes this.
  19. r.aditya1987
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2014

r.aditya1987 , Nov 26, 2014 :
    No.. now there is a distinction between global and indian invites. With a global invite you can order to the limited countries. with india specific invites, you'll have to order through amazon..

20. iamsatz
    Donut Nov 26, 2014

9999902244 and pranavudaya like this.