Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2014

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    well said !:)

3. may.hoang

4. kalpa
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2014

kalpa , Jun 1, 2014 :
    what the company is doing is to create a demand among people. You see one reason for such low price of opo is becuz it has reduced budget in marketing through retail like Samsung, etc do. So it has been doing online marketing which is cheaper. So I guess this contests are organized for this purpose

5. carldprosser
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2014

theSprintman likes this.
  6. Zulliz
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2014

7. nishus97

nishus97 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Not exactly "valuable" then are they.....

8. mog42xx
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2014

mog42xx , Jun 1, 2014 :
    After comparing the specs and price of the Oneplus phone to Apple and Samsung, I doubt that they will lose any customers. I'd prefer a little wait than being continually ripped off by their competitors (as we have been for years).

9. Dookie1985
    Donut Jun 1, 2014

Dookie1985 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    It's called marketing... I think I would have less faith in a start up company (start up company being the important part) if they rushed out a poor product. Waiting for a product that has been well designed with minimum failures is worth the wait. If you can't get one yet, there's plenty of other stuff to do in the mean time.

10. slashor
    Eclair Jun 1, 2014

slashor , Jun 1, 2014 :
    If i think of the "launch" of the Nexus 4 im pretty pleased the way oneplus is doing it. If i dont get an invite for the first batch, well i would be dissapointed but i wont have to wait several weeks to know if my purchase was succesful or not.
    Even the servers should withstand the invitemania!

11. AmolS

theSprintman likes this.
  12. cosmo2001
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2014

13. guerrios
    Froyo Jun 1, 2014

guerrios , Jun 1, 2014 :
    From a Marketing point of view ; this invite system is a failure.

Why ?
    Because when you show a product to the public you have to give a precise date for people to wait and then tease them by sending some of the phones to journalists in order to release it as soon as possible.

If not, people will have two articles two read ; one which is introducing the phone. And another really short article 6 months after just saying "Hey this phone finally came out !".... and people won't give a shit because they forgot about it.

I'm speaking of regular customers, not geeks who are always on the OnePlus forum.

14. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2014

MrFingerIII , Jun 1, 2014 :
    They were never on time they are late as fk they launched the phone for sale I love how people keep eating up early June can't wait to see the post after the month is over

People will be angrier when they get another Goose Chase lol

15. Techboy

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    for a company, just a month old, the could be 'valuable'.
    As they are the main source of their income.
    :)

nishus97 likes this.
  16. nishus97

nishus97 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Yea but there are enough people who are not leaving who are happy to wait to buy it! They are more valuable than the people who leave and then decide to come running back!

17. So_ony
    Community Veteran Jun 1, 2014

So_ony , Jun 1, 2014 :
    But it is a normal procedure because Samsung Sony HTC etc do it the same way. They are making their launch and 2 months later you are able to buy it. So we are in time :)

18. Techboy

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    well said bro
    thumbs up
    :)

nishus97 likes this.
  19. mrwhoo00
    Eclair Jun 1, 2014

mrwhoo00 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    people have to post something and be active.....hence all the crap posts (like this one I just posted) ;)

MrFingerIII likes this.
  20. chrism380

chrism380 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    I seriously wish there was a way each user csn have their posts evaluated for content and quality..then these posts of nonsense shouldn't even be an issue!

MrFingerIII likes this.