Oneplus losing customers !

1. Sir J
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2014

Sir J , Jun 1, 2014 :
    the more people "give up", more chances we have for getting one! In a month we'll all get our phones :D

2. Techboy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2014

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    yes.
    @ $599 find 7 is not a bad deal.
    considering the fact that you can get it for $599
    :p

3. StessT

StessT , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Admittedly, I am a casual reader/responder in the forums. I find it tedious to try to wade through 2000 posts from people asking for invites that don't exist, or threads from people who start them because they are trying to meet an abstract, never-specified/clarified quota of posts deemed necessary by OP to qualify for an invite.

However, where did it say 6/6/14 was a huge invite release date? Unless I missed something (quite possible), 6/6 was the date they would announce the winners of the Raining Invites contest -- not distribute large numbers of invites. That means 150 invites, correct?

I think anyone who is a member on this forum needs to resign themselves to a late July/early August mass-availability date. If you can't (or won't) wait until then, buy something else and come back to OP in the future. It's pretty cut/dried.

I just don't believe in the invite fairy anymore.

4. Shuffler505
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2014

Shuffler505 , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Really? Thanks for pointing this out, no one has ever mentioned it before. Nice to see my chances just improved some more.

5. Techboy

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    I think fire is *red*.
    :D

6. Techboy

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    and also *thread*

7. jmm
    Eclair Jun 1, 2014

jmm , Jun 1, 2014 :
    I do have to say that i've lost a bit of 1+ attraction over the weeks i've been here, but then again i haven't bought another phone either, so i'm still up for one 1+...

8. Nsaheb
    Eclair Jun 1, 2014

Nsaheb , Jun 1, 2014 :
    I am waiting until June 6. If I do not get an invite, then I will not have any trust in this company.

9. instapwned
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2014

10. mdarora
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2014

mdarora , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Its important to understand that One Plus is not going the way the normal mobile manufactures do. To cut it short they have done away with the intermidetary network of distributors and retailers and are ditectly reaching the customer. To add to it they aren't spending heavy amount on marketing and advertising, instead have an effective strategy to get it done with least cost involved.

11. SilentMan22
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2014

12. lutti
    KitKat Jun 1, 2014

lutti , Jun 1, 2014 :
    They aren't loosing customers. People who think they are going to buy a product but then don't aren't customers.

13. Didey
    Donut Jun 1, 2014

Didey , Jun 1, 2014 :
    On my mind, invite system can have next reasons:
    -market research for next bussines plane create
    -create time buffer to manufacture needed count of phones
    -create a "special cell" of buyers

14. OliverGL

OliverGL , Jun 1, 2014 :
    As long as the price/quality ratio stays better than other phones it's worth waiting but I do agree that the invite system was probably a bad idea... What can we do about it ?

15. Techboy

Techboy , Jun 1, 2014 :
    how many invites are they really giving?
    I don't know the exact or even approximate number.
    can you tell me?

16. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2014

MrFingerIII , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Are you kidding me so you are saying people are just sitting here just because (Ooogles )
    I guess .....

17. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2014

MrFingerIII , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Rain winners 150 that's all I know lol

Everything else is speculation

18. Khamhui
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2014

19. StessT

StessT , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Exactly. People have latched on to June 6th as this mystical "finally, my invite!" date, when in reality, they are only distributing the 150 invites to contest winners on that date. Sure - there will be a trickle down effect, but not to the degree people seem to be expecting.

I suspect folks have latched on to June 6th because it is the only concrete piece of info given so far. As I said in a previous post above, either be prepared to wait until July/August, or go buy something else. I doubt seriously large numbers of people will have phones before then.

20. a.saad
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2014

a.saad , Jun 1, 2014 :
    Even if they lose customers, they get their product on the market. They will be better prelared for the next phone and ppl who lost faith for the one will get it back for the second one :)