OnePlus make a tablet, please? via OnePlus 6T

1. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2021

Rokigucci likes this.
  2. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Sep 13, 2021

jayanyway , Sep 13, 2021 :
    I'm sure but honestly, how many people actually use or purchase Android tablets? I feel iPads still dominate that market.

3. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2021

Rotten Egg , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Not everyone can afford costly iPads.....Android tablets are improving and useful in Pandemic ....waiting for OP Pad/Tablet.

Ninoleb69 and Artemus like this.
  4. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2021

Ninoleb69 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2021 :
    True,
    But I would love to have a sold tablet that's not ipad. 🙄

Artemus and Rotten Egg like this.
  5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 15, 2021

YRJ , Sep 15, 2021 :
    I would assume it is very much possible to do so, but the bigger question is would they sell?
    The tablet market is dominated by iPads and truth be told they are quite capable too.

But for what it's worth, not too long ago, there were rumours of a OnePlus Pad being in works. Let's see how that goes

Artemus likes this.
  6. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2021

Ninoleb69 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2021 :
    I think the OnePlus fans would love it but they have to come out with something powerful. Not to crazy expensive.
    I'd like to have one. who knows

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021

Rotten Egg likes this.
  7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 15, 2021

YRJ , Sep 15, 2021 :
    Out of curiosity, what do you expect of a tablet apart from a bigger display?

Artemus, KluGe and dsmonteiro like this.
  8. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

Ninoleb69 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I enjoy the flexibility of my Surface tablet but it doesn't have the apps to go along with it. Besides it was very disappointing to see that the only way to get those apps is getting a Amazon account. 👎.

It's not impossible for an Android tablet to compete with an apple tablet.jut have to take it seriously.

HTC had a nice tablet but gave up. Google as well they flopped which is still hard to understand.

There's room for real good or excellent tablet.

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 17, 2021

dsmonteiro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    From your perspective, what would be the differentiating factor?

Artemus likes this.
  10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 17, 2021

YRJ , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Samsung tablets are pretty good and they also come with a Play Store, so why not go for that instead?

Artemus and KluGe like this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 17, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Those two don't go together anymore

Artemus likes this.
  12. KingGaruda
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

KingGaruda , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I would love to see Oneplus come up with a Tablet

Rotten Egg likes this.
  13. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

Everytime I go to pull the trigger to get one I just feel like Im not getting a good tablet. Maybe I should just give it a chance. But man if OnePlus can do it that's would be nice. With the way the phones look and the OS is nice I'm t would be interesting.

Rotten Egg likes this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 17, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Because OnePlus has to make everything.
    They just have to.

Samsung ≠ OnePlus :rolleyes:

Artemus, Rotten Egg and KluGe like this.
  15. KluGe
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2021

KluGe , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Well, that is simple to solve:
    Avoid the "A" and the "E" types and choose the "S" of the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Artemus and Tobikage like this.
  16. surfindunkey , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Again here's an idea worthy of say a Oneplus 9pro 256gb...the difference between the competition and Oneplus is the ecosystem the advantageOneplus has through oxygen os.
    In the past and @Crystal Z. Can verify this, I had asked why the op Buds don't connect to the TV, esp for users to use when during nights, u don't want to disturb the folks, which I'm glad are implemented.
    Along the same lines, esp for designers and for school kids whr either as a standalone the OP Tab(or call it the OPBat(see wht I did thr.. Just to mess with ppl 😛) or better yet the OP Dap... hehe.. But yea.. The OP device could be used for school from home / wfh/ and better yet for design from home, as a standalone or in conjuction with the ecosystem of the TV / phone.
    For the TV it could work as an input device with the TV being the display, offering a larger space that the mobile, plus u dont want calls annoying work, thrs the OP phones for tht. But over and above that the advantages go wild from thr, since for apple devices their large screen counter part cost a umm.. Lot 😜 and is not connect friendly to tvs.. Same with others...
    What oneplus can do is use the OP device as a secondary input device while making the TV the main output display for say editing / videos/ music / school / coding, etc etc taking away the need for a desktop almost entirely.
    What you think?
    I got more suggestions.. And I'm open to discuss more 😉
    @Pete penny for your thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021

17. surfindunkey , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Ps you know how many tvs you've already sold, and thrs already tht market to sell to.
    Plus with the phones, and this is the same idea but idea part 2, so maybe I really might get the 9pro 256 12gb and a consultants job 😜, heheh, but irrespective, games can be designed and apps, with the tab as the primary display device and the phones as the secondary input device. Further enhancing the experience.
    Lemme know wht u think 😉 trust me I got lots more of these 😇

18. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

Rotten Egg likes this.
  19. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

True that's because if there is a good Android tablet they don't seem to make it to the US.

20. surfindunkey , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Yup yup.. Unfortunately the phone to tv ratio doesn't work well for editing software or say other programs, due to the number of options that need to be displayed and mirroring a display means you still need to keep looking down and see 5he same info twice. Creating a secondary screen type device adds more real estate space and functionality. Both from tab to tv.... Or mobile to tab