OnePlus & McLaren - live updates from the event

1. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 10, 2018

mi6t0, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Dear friends,

I am Mihail, one of the six lucky guys that were chosen to be part of this exciting event

Salute to speed!
    As always - there have been a lot of leaks surrounding the launch. The more popular our favorite brand becomes, the more people it gets to make excited.

I have just returned back to the hotel and wanted to sit down and tell you about everything experienced white it is still fresh.

Let's start by thanking to the other 5 forum members that took the time and created a video about "speed":

@INKlike
    @adolfo79
    @Dunnow
    @kuverti
    @LB29

Meeting each one of you guys was very refreshing, and discussing various topics in person is often a bit more fun! Special thanks to @dsmonteiro for taking such good care of all of us. And, of course - big thanks to @Carl, @Pete and everyone else who is part of the big OnePlus family for making this happen.

So, we already have a few threads and I know there are plenty of questions - I will do my best to respond to as many as possible.

You know, there's a pre-story... Once the contest was announced, I knew that it was the right thing for me to do. I somehow felt it is a perfect match - having used Oneplus devices since the "One", and now - this "speedy contest".
    Interestingly, the Mclaren collaboration was revealed a day after the participation form was signed. Once I saw it - I wanted it even more. McLaren! One of the two oldest F1 teams - a company that has changed the motorsport forever and given us so many inventions that are even nowadays used in the car industry. Oneplus and Mclaren - two companies that have so much in common, and share the same kind of passion for speed.

But, I'll try to stay on topic and focus on the event.
    The McLaren facility is based in Woking (in fact this is an area where a lot of F1 teams have their factories). It is quite large, and there's a museum section which is unbelievable - something that every F1 fan should visit.

Short after 9:30 the keynote kicked off! @INKlike did an awesome job keeping you posted about everything announced - from the initial Zak Brown speech, through Xi Zeng who talked about the design, reaching the awesome Mclaren F1 Duo - Carlos Sainz Jr and Lando Norris.
    We got a pretty decent idea what to expect:

Everything we know from the OnePlus 6T, PLUS:

- a book
    - 10 GB RAM
    - more storage than ever!
    - magnificent design influenced by the carbon-fiber texture
    - upgraded fast charging, called WARP-Charging
    - something quite special while doing the unboxing

[​IMG]

You know well that sometimes theory is not the same as real-life experience, so we had to try this ourselves! After the keynote each one of us did an unboxing of a brand new Oneplus 6T Mclaren limited edition!

I think that whatever I say about this will be simply not enough. As a tech reviewer, I am unboxing a lot of devices, and usually it is hard to come up with something incredible. And for years there was nothing beating the OnePlus One box (yeah, that will probably forever be my favorite smartphone :) )
    Well... the Mclaren Edition is in ANOTHER LEAGUE! The texture of the box is coated with carbon-fiber feeling too. The first thing that pops out is the book! The book which provides... AR experience!

[​IMG]

If you watch through the phone's camera all the pages, they become "alive". Something never experienced with smartphone unboxing before!

[​IMG]

The rest is more or less well known - the best-in-class specs, the most-polished and functional take on Android, and performance, which is hard to match. A phone that is reliable, beautiful and designed with passion, quality and attention to the detail.

[​IMG]

And here - a link to a gallery with photos from the event.

Galley:

May the speed be with you :)

And now... Let's dive into Q&A and discussions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018

2. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    mi6t0, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Happening already! :) IMG_20181211_095315.jpg

There will be lot more details in the next hours.

@dalmia09 - there will be a form of presentation too. Will take a while.

3. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 13, 2018

Stickied Post

dsmonteiro likes this.
  4. HTK Honeycomb Dec 10, 2018

HTK, Dec 10, 2018 :
    I heard one of you guys will be getting a McLaren. :eek: JUST KIDDING!!!!.......

GopalB. likes this.
  5. Aprameya2k Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

6. SourabhYadav Froyo Dec 11, 2018

SourabhYadav, Dec 11, 2018 :
    How can we see the livestream of the event, can you ask any one plus official there for this.

dalmia09 likes this.
  7. dalmia09 Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2018

dalmia09, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Would you do a live blog? With pics?
    And is there going to be a presentation as well??

Mark J and YRJ like this.
  8. Nivas K Froyo Dec 11, 2018

9. Miratek Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

10. Nivas K Froyo Dec 11, 2018

11. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Attached Files:

12. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Attached Files:

ichinisan, Drewbikscube and Nivas K like this.
  13. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Drewbikscube likes this.
  14. Nivas K Froyo Dec 11, 2018

Nivas K, Dec 11, 2018 :
    great

15. sam311 Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

16. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

17. kuverti Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

18. mi6t0 Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

19. kuverti Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

20. sam311 Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

21. Nivas K Froyo Dec 11, 2018