OnePlus Mini = OnePlus Two killer?

1. julio.panchame
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2015

julio.panchame , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Mediatek its bad processor, Alcatel have problems with update their devices to lollipop for mediatek bugs and leak support for this processors. I like so much SD its more able to updates and smother in transitions.

2. mjaniec
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec , Oct 6, 2015 :
    The question is, how do they plan to add NFC or Quick Charge to 1+2? ;)

3. Baymax
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2015

4. mjaniec
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Perhaps.

But the benchmark results for Helio X10 are not terrible: http://gsminsider.com/2015/07/exyno...795t-vs-hisilicon-kirin-935-benchmark-scores/

Still, we do not know if OnePlus Mini will use X10, X20, Snapdragon 801 or something different.

5. Baymax
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2015

Baymax , Oct 6, 2015 :
    You haven't tried the X10... Throw all negativity about Mediatek out the window. The X10 is very refined

6. Baymax
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec likes this.
  7. rallysquirrel
    Eclair Oct 6, 2015

rallysquirrel , Oct 6, 2015 :
    If One+ does this on the next phone and has all the rumored features, it'll be a runaway phone. I'll sell my OP2 and get this instead. I'd like a slightly smaller phone, quick charge option would be a big plus for when I travel, and NFC is meh, I haven't used it yet, but if traveling in Europe Google Pay would be a great option, since American cards don't work with CHIP + PIN as a default.

mjaniec likes this.
  8. mjaniec
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec , Oct 6, 2015 :
    "Ignorance is bliss" ;)

pgidia likes this.
  9. reviewer.pro
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

reviewer.pro , Oct 6, 2015 :
    If they need to compete with devices like Moto X play they do need these features and I dont think those features should bump up the production cost significantly .. Looking at it differently they should have had those features in OP2 in the first place . And I think ppl might be willing to pay a little extra for a 3 GB version with extra storage

mjaniec likes this.
  10. julio.panchame
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2015

11. mjaniec
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec , Oct 6, 2015 :
    I was seriously considering buying 1+2.

After some "obligatory" waiting, I did receive an invite:

[​IMG]

It came on the day, new Nexuses (5X and 6P) were presented.

Presented with the choice between these devices: 1+2 vs. Nexus 6P or 5X I decided to skip the invite.

Now OnePlus has one more chance with the Mini. Nexuses will become available in my country (Poland) at the end of October...

12. killing.devil
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2015

killing.devil , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Not IMO, though the new helio x20 looks promising 10cores is crazy

13. melynx
    Eclair Oct 6, 2015

melynx , Oct 6, 2015 :
    lucky you. i'll really feel very shitty if the spec for Mini is real. cause that is the phone i wanted, i kinda made a trade-off regarding the nfc for the op2.

mjaniec likes this.
  14. sidpk123
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

sidpk123 , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Once again 22 phones at 2 different price ranges, they are not made to compete with each other.
    Op2 is for power users, op x is for budget users

15. stillthomalives
    Froyo Oct 6, 2015

melynx likes this.
  16. melynx
    Eclair Oct 6, 2015

melynx , Oct 6, 2015 :
    exactly....... i totally feel you....

stillthomalives likes this.
  17. el_draco
    Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2015

el_draco , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Are you sure? HTC One M9+, Meizu MX5, Redmi Note 2 are some phones that uses X10. And their performance are nothing top notch. Sure they are good, but they do lag while high end gaming and multitasking. Specially in graphics department. You don't get that with the high end sd 800 processors.
    In fact, I think Helio X10 is just another overhyped product, nothing else. MediaTek has a long way to go before they can be anywhere near Snapdragon or Exynos.

18. mjaniec
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2015

mjaniec , Oct 6, 2015 :
    1+2 definitely has some very nice specs:
    • + a fast processor (even if heavilly throttled)
    • + 4GB of RAM (more than enough, but who knows what will be needed in the near future ;)
    • + large battery (especially given its adequate FHD display; Moto X Play offers a bit more juice, but 1+2's seems good enough)
    • + quite good camera (a little worse than S6's or G4's but could improve with software updates, new Nexus cameras are a wild card here - let's wait for the reviews)
    • + fingerprint reader (but no NFC!!!!)
    • + nearly stock Android and promise of fast updates (will see about that, Marshmallow has arrived...)
    It would be a perfect phone if only a few gaps were closed, especially:
    • - uneven camera performance (speed, low light, video AF & OIS) :(
    • - unreliable fingerprint scanner (according to reviews and opinions on this forum) :(
    • - no NFC :(
    • - fast charging would be nice, even if I can live without it

Two of the above mentioned issues can probably be addressed with software updates. The others - can't.

Last, but not least - the invite system sucks. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

19. Baymax
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2015

Baymax , Oct 6, 2015 :
    I am positive. I have a LeTV X600... It holds its own very well. Even up against the 810

20. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 6, 2015

Radeon962 , Oct 6, 2015 :
    Talk to some OnePlus One owners to see how OnePlus supports their device since a newer model was released.