OnePlus N10 5G

1. dphamster86
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2021

dphamster86 , Mar 18, 2021 :
    hello OnePlus family,
    has anyone have the phone or using it right now in the US? any feedbacks. I am thinking of getting one.
    thank you.

Z1620165042572 likes this.

dphamster86 likes this.

dphamster86 likes this.
  5. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 19, 2021

drl431 , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Hi, bought the factory un-locked model for the wife. Works great with an MVNO on a T-Mobile network. Have RCS texting, VoLTE, and VoWiFi all set up (in south Florida).

dphamster86 likes this.
  6. Arai
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

Arai , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 19, 2021 :
    If you're not in a hurry, wait for 9R or Nord SE, later this month.
    Overall Nord N10 is not as bad as everyone says, but also not as good as I hoped.
    IPS screen used here is of good quality but still a letdown.
    90Hz refresh rate isn't as fluid cause it's hampered by the slow processor (scrolling down a site feels stutter and laggy because it's loading, but scrolling up feels smooth because it's already loaded and stored in RAM).
    Stereo speaker is loud, but nothing else to write about.
    On the accessory point, I like the subtle style of the official case but though it's matte, it's a fingerprint trap. Official screen protector gets minor scratches very easily, got plenty of scratches just from construction dust in barely a week.
    HDR camera is bright but a bit oversaturated, HDR algorithm used is a bit too aggressive that it lacks B/W depth.
    On the plus side: headphone jack and external storage.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021

T1611527259234 and dphamster86 like this.
  7. dphamster86
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2021

dphamster86 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    hello,
    you bought phone from OnePlus store? and had no problems?

8. dphamster86
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2021

dphamster86 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    is it available in the US?

9. Arai
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2021

Arai , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Not sure on the availability of 9R or Nord SE, as they're expected to launch next week. Though I suspect one of them would be exclusive for India market.

10. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 20, 2021

drl431 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Yes, purchased N10 (factory unlocked) from OnePlus webstore in US. There was a 3 day delay in shipment, so it took about 6 days to receive (we used free shipping option, rather than paying for priority). As for network operation, see my previous post. The stereo speakers are nice and it does sound better than my OP6 (Nord is mono). The LCD is fast (no stutter or lag with fast internet) and bright, and perfect for my wife, as she prefers a white background. Great battery life too. The only thing that bugged me was Widevine L3 instead of L1. Not a big deal for my wife as she only streams videos from Facebook and YouTube, which play fine at full HD. Haven't seen other N10 users complain about L3 (lots of OP8 series though). Casting Facebook live video streams to the tv works great.

11. Davewatson , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Its a great phone. I've been using for 2 weeks and am very pleased. I did a lot of research before buying it and if it comes down to money you can't get a better phone for the price. If it comes down to bells and whistles this phone competes with phones twice it's price. I haven't had any issues with it so far and I'm not sure what all the negatives about the speaker, screen or camera quality are all about because they all seem to be spot on for me. The only thing I don't like is the phone app, it shows the phone number twice on incoming calls instead of the number and the location, but that's a google software issue not a OnePlus problem. Overall I am very satisfied.

Arai and MADBE2026 like this.
  12. MADBE2026
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2021

13. Arai
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

Arai , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 23, 2021 :
    After couple of weeks use, I'll say this:

N10 is arguably the cheapest phone where you still get
    5G
    Headphone jack
    Expandable storage
    NFC
    Bluetooth 5.0 with aptx-HD
    Full day battery
    Fast charging

Other than that, everything else feels just about average. Camera, speaker, processor, screen, build quality. There's nothing good nor bad to talk about.

While I stand by my 1st assessment that it's not as good as I hoped, with price taken into consideration it's a great phone.
    The only disappointment I've felt was more due to the fact that it doesn't feel like a OnePlus phones where every single aspect was slightly a tad above average.

But still, it's way better than an N100. Steer clear of that one at all cost.

QuintonClark likes this.
  14. KMidge
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

KMidge , Mar 27, 2021 :
    New to OnePlus. Switched from samsung. Volume keys do not work as expected. The phone app is horrible. When I am on a call, and lock the screen it will automatically unlock, randomly place call on hold or speaker. This disfunction causes extra work and worry. I'm disappointed but 350 in the hole. Only 22 days from purchase and stuck

G1621602935061 likes this.
  15. KMidge
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

KMidge , Mar 27, 2021 :
    I am in the us, and purchased through tmobile. Switched from samsung a50. Volume keys don't work correctly mad the actual phone app sucks. Lots of storage but if I can't use the phone without constant issues with the phone app itself either placing people on hold or on speaker even when I lock the screen, then I see no point. 350 in the hole too. I'm disappointed

16. Arai
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2021

Arai , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Mar 29, 2021 :
    If you haven't get the N10, I'd suggest if possible to find Poco X3 Pro.
    At same price, you get better screen (still IPS LCD, but with 120Hz & HDR 10), better processor (SD860), faster storage (UFS 3.1), better gorilla glass 6, Android 11 out of the box, there's even an IR blaster to use as remote control for anything you can think of (I've had a phone with IR blaster before, using it for TV is not the best experience, but having a remote for every AC in the house in your pocket is amazing). Everything else is comparably equal, aptX-HD, expandable storage, headphone jack, NFC, side fingerprint scanner.
    The downside being doesn't support 5g, shorter warranty, MIUI might not be to everyone's taste, questionable camera (not that N10 is that much better), ugly camera hump design (akin to OP7T big center circle, but worse looking with too many lenses and too high placement), and longer wait time to receive any updates.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021

18. abigor82
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

abigor82 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I have no problems with this phone, been owner 3 months. only complain battery life could be better.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021

19. PETER_ALLEN , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I got one last week in the U.S. from MetroPCS, I wouldn't say the 5g is " LIGHTENING FAST" the phone even tells you that the " 5g" symbol will be on but it's ran by 4g sometimes, they could have put a better processor in it. I bought it for the soul purpose to play CALL OF DUTY MOBILE. The only other phone that I played well on was the MOTO G POWER the Nord N10 5g is way better. Hope the update will cover a lot of minor, issues. No issues with the game though. So I'm happy

20. Ju4gg2al0 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    MetroPCS version works flawlessly. And to the foo who says the camera is average obviously didn't go to Google Play Store and download everything that comes up when "OnePlus" is searched. Do that and then take some pics at night, preferably of something with lighting
    1618827701924.jpg
    1618827701980.jpg said:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021