OnePlus need to start work on new camera application!

1. iskooneplus
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

iskooneplus , Feb 4, 2017 :
    For firends with OnePlus 3/3T

16 mp is very good, but stock camera is very bad. it is not that just we need. they can make extra good camera for photo and vdeo. THATS IS JUST APPLICATION PROBLEM BECAUSE CAMERA SENSOR IS VERY GOOD.

The phone have a very strong CPU and so much RAM that can handle with all this option. (Samsung S6 and S7 have very good camera and so much option just because a good camera application)

What we need:

Camera photo:

- Better photos,
    - Better panorama,
    - Better low light,
    - Better HDR,
    - HDR+
    - Better & strronger HQ,
    - Add HQ like Oppo camera for bwttee quality of photos,
    - Etc...

Camera Video:

- Add more bitrate,
    - Video with HDR on or of,

Slow motion:

- Add 1080p,
    - Add 240 fps and 480 fps,
    - Add more bitrate,
    - Add better low light,
    - Add function when to start action and when to stop,
    - Add sound record,
    - Etc...

Timelapse:

- Add bette low light,
    - Add speed x2, x4, x8,
    - Add more bitrate,
    - Etc..

All this will take more storage, but we dont care, we just want a phone with good camera.

2. iskooneplus
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

Please look at this vide. Mediatek MT6790 processor which is old and not so strong can recird SLOWMOTION 480FPS AT 1080P, and SD210 which is monster cant do this. This is just a softwer camera.

3. F_Palash_Kulshrestha_jHw
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

krutarth8495 likes this.
  4. iskooneplus
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

On this presentation Mediatek use processor MT6795 and camera sensors IMX 220 and make a program which can record 480fps at 1080p. And the video is beautiful. And if you see MT make very good program camera, taht when you record you can make when will slowmotion start and end, and can record sound in slowmotio (like Samsung s6 and s7).

But why didn't OnePlus do this? It is all about stock camera application. We really need better camera with more feature. OnePlus really needs to make and work hard on new Camera application.

OnePlus 3/3T is strong phobe and they can make this.

Please use browser to see this two very very good video.

P.S. Meizu MX5 use processor MT6795 and camera sensors IMX 220 but they never make slowmotion 480p. Meny of them search from them on forum to make this feature but they refused.

5. iskooneplus
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

OnePlus 3/3T - 120fps at 720p, - lowest video quality on the market
    Iphone 6/7 - 240fps at 720p. - best video quality on market
    Samsung 7 - 240fps at 720p - medium video quality on market

And this is all just about a slowmotion. What about all good features what I write on the first post? What about making Camera better?

I known meny will write that's camera is good, and yes camera is good just for noobs. Because OnePlus 3/3T with strong processor SD210, very good camera IMX 298 and 6GB of RAM, can make best camera with so much good features and good stuff's.

6. F_Avadhesh_Agyat_nffi
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 4, 2017

stephenboyo , Feb 4, 2017 :
    People need to stop getting carried away with all the hype surrounding these cheap Chinese phones. Many sound like they have high specs but what you find in reality is poorly optimised software that literally makes the camera mediocre. The 3T like everything else is just a hyped up version of the 3 and was aimed at attracting more customers' money but with little attention paid to its poor software suit and equally buggy OS. The experience of enjoying a good phone lies in the integration of hardware and software. In OPs case it's just a very fast smartphone. But is the 3T really as fast as they claimed it was in benchmark tests?. No OP was found to have cheated by tweaking it's 821 processor to rev up speed on certain benchmarking programmes like geekbench and antutu etc. The reason I'm saying this is that the media hype you hear or see is not what you end up with in reality. If an excellent camera and decent speed is what you want there are more established and decent priced solid phones afrom Motorola, Nokia or LG and even Samsung that will give you a far better camera experience. What is amusing is people saying they own the 3 and 3T and not sure if one is better than the other. That's because you're basically looking at the same thing. You could have spared yourselves the agony by saving your $700 and buying a Pixel or Galaxy S7 or iPhone 7 instead.

8. Txmj122
    Froyo Feb 4, 2017

Txmj122 , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Using the LED Flash is awful on the OP3. You can see when you take the photo the flash goes on to light the area to make adjustments for the actual photo, and it looks good when it does it. But once the photo is actually taken, it makes it look like you're using the flash in a pitch black room, even when in extremely well lit areas (but not well enough to take the photo without the flash.)

This needs to be fixed like... yesterday.

9. Roman Diganto
    Froyo Feb 4, 2017

Roman Diganto , Feb 4, 2017 :
    rear camera sucks at night man! I really do agree... they should have upgraded the rear cam instead of front cam on oneplus 3t!

10. WilfredParmar
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

11. Centaurus
    Froyo Feb 4, 2017

Centaurus , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Agreed. photosphere also would be nice.
    I believe that with a good software the camera could be great.

12. eishii
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

eishii , Feb 4, 2017 :
    I had the same thought when I got my phone. It is high quality in full light but the lowlight quality is extremely disappointing.

13. F_Tamim_Khan_GSLI
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

14. SheryVM
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2017

SheryVM , Feb 4, 2017 :
    All these posts regarding camera are just going down the drain...
    over the last 6 months or so the changes are only 60fps 1080p , a slight improvement in photo quality and improvement in video stabilization ( still miles away from pixel level).
    For a company which likes to play with stock Android features ,it is pretty surprising they could only come up with a bare-bones camera app..
    It's high time OnePlus fix these issues.
    but in no means is OnePlus cam inferior , it's great when condition suit it..
    Some of the camera blemishes can be solved by manual settings to an extent, but OnePlus really needs to step up its game esp in video and low-light...

G_Akash_Mulani_TTXQ likes this.
  15. vinhel360
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

vinhel360 , Feb 4, 2017 :
    The front camera in the one plus 3t shud have been with flash.. My opinion

16. hermesromeror
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2017

17. Techder
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2017

Techder , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Iwould like to see this hapebn but the sensor is from 2015 and also pretty small even smaller then the op2 sensor so be happy with the quality because if you use other cam apps it isn't much better

18. hrishikesh_baruah
    Donut Feb 4, 2017

hrishikesh_baruah , Feb 4, 2017 :
    i second that.truly said. with such a good ram and configuration onplus need to upgrade its camera application to new heights to be beat in the market. oneplus developers are you listening.

19. Ultra.Numan
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2017

rishabhoptimus and geo07 like this.
  20. whodatboi
    KitKat Feb 4, 2017

whodatboi , Feb 4, 2017 :
    night shots and panorama are total shit I'll say that. I'm on a custom ROM so I can't say much more than that

durgesh55555 likes this.