OnePlus: Never Again

1. Peanutbrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2014

Peanutbrain , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Though you dont want a software fix, reinstalling a clean cm from the cm site will probably help.

2. Purey
    Donut Dec 15, 2014

Purey , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience. However this whole thread with the Staff answers proofed me that there is good support here aswell

itacoop likes this.
  3. vince31
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

vince31 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Extract from the REDDIT with One Plus:
    [–]AlphaMeese
    There have been many reports of RMAs taking over a month to be completed, why such a long wait?
    [–]carpe02OnePlus:
    1) We have been scaling support over the past half year from 3 to around 65 people now. This week, we also started sending HQ staff abroad to outsourcing locations to train and quickly scale up remote support teams. Our business is growing faster than we've been able to scale up support. We have tried different ways of scaling this, and are still changing and tweaking things. In less than a month, we should be able to cut down the backlog to managable levels.
    2) People who have had smooth experiences generally do not make their cases visible

4. Ujwal naik
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2014

5. orichieo
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

orichieo , Dec 15, 2014 :
    If for you, money is of no concern go for an Iphone. In my experience Apple has a great customer support. I used to have an Iphone and it freezes all time, went to an apple store and in less than 30 minutes they gave me a new one. Right now I have a problem with my OPO, gave them a ticket 3 weeks ago and until now no reply.

6. anayahiren

7. srinivast688
    Donut Dec 15, 2014

8. Anthony. Puente
    Donut Dec 15, 2014

9. mosesv26
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2014

mosesv26 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Truly sucks I recommended this phone to everyone and I would feel guilty if this happened to them. One person I know is having screen problems maybe hardware related I hope his issue can be resolve without going thru all that.

10. smrtphn

11. fenice
    KitKat Dec 15, 2014

fenice , Dec 15, 2014 :
    No, I don't know what you mean in connection with the word oxymoron.

I already know the definition of oxymoron (in Greek and English) and that's what I've given you in the link. In the phrase you've given which is "2 months patience" the words "months" and "patience" are not contradictory.

12. willy_resumed
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

willy_resumed , Dec 15, 2014 :
    You do NOT get to keep your phone if it is resolved through PayPal. I had to go that direction and OP sent my money back when they got confirmation that the phone was in their hands. I sent it USPS with signature required. I had to give the same tracking information to PP and OP. I don't know why you think they would let you keep your phone.

13. willy_resumed
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

I never thought I would say this about anyone, but do you suppose he is smart enough to work for them? Almost too much Fan Boy even for them. Guessing he is about 13 or so from the wording of the posts he has made.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

racerx67 likes this.
  14. willy_resumed
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

PayPal does not have to wait for a response from OP. They have strict guidelines for the company to respond and if they get no response (as in my case), they get the money back to the client.

15. willy_resumed
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

bean6022000 likes this.
  16. Lorenzod1
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

Lorenzod1 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I know, I mean they'll wait for a certain amount of time for a response before they give you money back.

willy_resumed likes this.
  17. oup

oup , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I've only had positive experiences with OnePlus. I bought 2 phones and a Sandstone back cover placement. Every single time I purchased from them my experience has been very good.

However, I'm not surprised by this post and it saddens me to note that OnePlus often screw people over like that. Good luck on your next purchase and I don't blame you for not looking back

18. longshanks30
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

longshanks30 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I feel your pain. After owning my oneplus for three months the thing is completely breaking down. First the thing went into a reboot/reset sequence that would not stop which I did a factory reset and lost everything. Now my microphone will not work but the speaker phone works. I have to hit speaker phone every time I'm talking to someone now. A hard reset and two full factory resets did nothing to change this. Until this happened I looooooved the phone. These phones were not built to last it looks like. I've got a ticket open and no response so far.

Everyone enjoy that phone while you can. I really hope my wife's one plus one won't do the same but now we are both a bit nervous now.

ahighfield likes this.
  19. Montucky

Montucky , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Thanks for your input on the return process of the phone. My experience several times has been that you get refunded your money and the company is too lazy to respond or recover their gear. I've been using paypal since it started for online auctions both ways. Never once been screwed over using proper postal protocol to document the items. A few time, I even made the seller pay for return shipping and also credit me for the original shipping.

20. willy_resumed
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

Well, with the OPO, it is required that the phone be returned before PayPal will refund your money. I did have to pay for return shipping, but got refunded for the initial shipping cost.

Montucky likes this.