OnePlus night mode

1. Mlameau
    Donut Jan 16, 2020

Mlameau , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Hey guys, my question is regarding night mode.

If you pull down the quick settings/notification bar there is a night mode that you can select.

Questions:
    1. Does Night mode save battery life?
    2. what is Night modes purpose?
    3. why does night mode fade in when you unlock the screen instead of being automatic?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

rits17 likes this.
  2. masterlimbe
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

masterlimbe , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 16, 2020 :
    The only concrete answer I can give you is that Night Mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the phone which is better for your eyes in low light situations, and has a less destructive impact on your sleep cycle.

3. akks
    Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2020

akks , Jan 16, 2020 :
    1. No, for that you have battery saver mode 😎
    2. Better for your eyes at low lights, as explained above.
    3. Probably the in-display fingerprint scanner needs full lights to work

‌ ‌‌ and rits17 like this.
  4. Secondbushome
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 16, 2020 :
    It's meant to limit the amount of blue light being emitted from the display which theoretically may help you fall asleep better, though recent studies suggest that it may do the opposite so in the end, it's up to what you believe.

TBH after finding out the recent studies, I turned it off.

5. Kryxus
    Eclair Jan 18, 2020

Kryxus , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Well, I thought that if it works, before I used them without a filter in total darkness and my eyes got dry and it became annoying and if it cost more to sleep, but in the end it is advisable not to use the phone or any screen before sleeping for at least 1 hour, but I always check everything before bed so I can not follow that recommendation, therefore I always under the brightness to the minimum and he leaked it I put it in the warmest possible, so that it hardly feels that dryness in the eyes.