OnePlus Nord 10 5GOEM unlock via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro

1. simbalage22 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Nov 21, 2021 :
    Can someone help me? I started buying oneplus devices after modding Samsung flagship devices for years. Now I get a brand new phone and the OEM unlock is grey out. Metro said I have to call OnePlus one plus blames metro. Need to get this unlocked so I can do root and recovery on this

I am really surprised to even have to post this about a OnePlus device when that's their whole selling point and purpose

Thanks in advance I tried the metro app and it says I have to wait but I believe that just unlocks the network I plan to stay on MetroPCS

2. drl431
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Nov 21, 2021

drl431 , Nov 21, 2021 :
    Hi, carrier locked phone are much more difficult to mod, regardless of the brand. Technically, MetroPCS still owns your phone.

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. simbalage22 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Nov 21, 2021 :
    Made complaint to fcc as I bought it out right so they can't do that.. I could see if it was on a discount or something but I paid retail for it
    I have had service with them sense they were CDMA and this is the first time I'm told a device cannot be unlocked

4. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Tobikage , Nov 21, 2021 :
    Then why get it from Metro and not OnePlus directly ??

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. simbalage22 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Nov 21, 2021 :
    Because I was unaware they did this. I bought my last OnePlus for this reason direct but I assumed OnePlus was automatically unlocked and able to have access to bootloader. I just got it yesterday and fordward the receipt to fcc. If they can't I'll return it and do exactly that

Tobikage likes this.
  6. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Tobikage , Nov 21, 2021 :
    The unlock process is mess from what people have reported.
    Getting the unlock code is a task in itself and the webpage for the same was reported to be broken multiple times.

So...if you can ,just return it and get one from the OnePlus store directly.

Tokolozi and simbalage22 like this.
  7. simbalage22 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Nov 21, 2021 :
    1637507411585.jpg

Tokolozi likes this.
  9. PaulBrooks
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

PaulBrooks , via OnePlus 9 T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2021 :
    I had min unlocked couple months ago and only took no more than 7 days to get oem unlock key from OnePlus. now I can't find any roms is custom recovery for metro variant

10. PaulBrooks
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

11. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 6, 2021

12. PaulBrooks
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

PaulBrooks , via OnePlus 9 T-Mobile , Dec 6, 2021 :
    wasn't ttrying to upset anyone. all I was saying really isn't all that hard.just have to wait 180 days on metro before u can start. my apologies.

Tobikage likes this.
  13. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 6, 2021

Tobikage , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Oh....I'm just saying you got it done easy without much of a headache and that's good !

With the webpage not working and general misinformation from both carriers and OnePlus support staff regarding unlocking....you had it easy :p

PaulBrooks likes this.