OnePlus Nord Blue Sandstone Case cleaning via OnePlus Nord

1. AthulvAnil
    Eclair Sep 5, 2020

AthulvAnil , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 5, 2020 :
    It's been a month since I've bought my blue standstone case along with a OnePlus Nord and the sides of the case is completely stained in yellow.I have tried cleaning it with alcohol but it doesn't seems to be doing anything.Also tried washing the case with soap and water but the stains are still not removed.If anyone has any experience with cleaning the case kindly share it in this thread!

1599291249677.jpg

1599291226480.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Sep 5, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Alcohol can alter some plastics and paints, in general it should not be used.
    If you use hydro-alcoholic gel for hand disinfection, make sure that no alcohol remains on your hands when you pick up your device.

AthulvAnil likes this.

4. AthulvAnil , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Camera bump is not that protected.It doesn't protrude from the case but it's fairly close the edge.But overall the protection is pretty good.If you're looking to buy one go for the black one.The blue gets dirty pretty quickly.

Kshv07 and G_Harish_Kb_my_VDIn like this.
  5. G_Harish_Kb_my_VDIn , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 22, 2020 :
    [e]1f44d[/e]

AthulvAnil likes this.
  6. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

wrongnumber , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Do you cook ? I bought the designer case (JerryRigEverything) and the same happened to that case. Even the case which came with phone turned yellow after some days. I cook and I thought it happening because of the turmeric. [e]1f602[/e]

G_Harish_Kb_my_VDIn likes this.
  7. AthulvAnil , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Sep 23, 2020 :
    No I don't cook.Although turmeric could have gotten on the case from my hands cause I use my phone when I eat.But I noticed this yellow colour forming on it even from the first week and I was being extra careful with my phone given the fact that it was a new one.

G_Harish_Kb_my_VDIn likes this.
  8. pratik_pattanaik
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

pratik_pattanaik , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Silicon has a tendency to become yellow. So if it is a silicon based cover, it will turn yellow. As is the case provided in the box.
    However, the paint should have delayed the process.

9. Atritya Suraj
    Froyo Sep 25, 2020

Atritya Suraj , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 25, 2020 :
    Did u got the solution,or the yellow stain is still there???

11. Atritya Suraj
    Froyo Sep 25, 2020

I m using black one...with my gray onyk colour phone

AthulvAnil likes this.
  12. Atritya Suraj
    Froyo Sep 25, 2020

AthulvAnil likes this.
  13. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2020

wrongnumber , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 25, 2020 :
    I have the designer case for OnePlus Nord. I has turned yellow at place where you generally hold the phone.

14. Atritya Suraj
    Froyo Sep 25, 2020

But how do they get yellowish stain is still a mystery

15. xcs
    Honeycomb Sep 26, 2020

xcs , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 26, 2020 :
    It might also be a reaction to your sweat. (sweaty palms)

Some things have different reactions to each persons sweat (other example so you better understand: a perfume smells different on 2 different persons).

I use both the black one and the transparent tpu one (not the one included) and they are as new (I do wash my hand at every 15-20 minutes and I do not have sweaty palms).

And most important I do use alcohol based solution for disinfecting the phone + I do not use the phone while eating (in your case, IN, where tumeric is in every food I would avoid touching the phone while eating).

AthulvAnil likes this.
  16. Shubhrank Rastogi , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 4, 2020 :
    Same happened to my case. The clear case that's included in the box has also turned yellow after a month and now this blue sandstone one.
    It's not about not using your phone while eating or cooking that won't help in making your cover stain free. Neither one can just keep his/her hands clean or sweet proof all the time. We are human beings we sweat and one can't just keep cleaning his/her hands before using the phone.
    It's about the money that we have spent on these cases. They are not cheap at all and if they were we weren't complaining about these stains here.
    We purchased these OnePlus official accessories for a reason that it's quality will be better then the other third party accessories. And due to that reason we want these covers to last for a while and remain in their original form no stains.
    If a case cost 700 plus INR then it should be worthy for that price but in reality OnePlus accessories aren't.
    We should ask OnePlus to reduce their pricing on such accesories as I bet they know that these cases will get discolored and wear out fast and their is no solution to clean these up.
    So, a user should not invest this much on a case or he/she can live with the stains.

AthulvAnil likes this.
  17. AthulvAnil , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Oct 4, 2020 :
    You're completely right.OnePlus accessories aren't worth the money.The tempered glass,which I ordered from their website broke on the second month of usage.It broke while I switching my case.These accessories aren't made by OnePlus but rebranded to their names.If you're looking to buy new cases or tempered glasses,buy it from renowned manufacturers

18. G1596878364211
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2020

G1596878364211 , Oct 10, 2020 :
    does the black one also get the same yellow stain as well ??