[Submitted] Oneplus Nord factory reset itself in my pocket

1. jimod08
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

jimod08 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    My Nord did a factory reset whilst in my pocket and now I've had to reset everything and I've lost photos and messages since my last backup.
    How can I stop this please, as I've heard others say it happens quite frequently.

2. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 20, 2020

Simran K , Sep 20, 2020 :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details to get this sorted out at the earliest. We've dropped you personal message and hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Simran

W1597476947078 likes this.
  3. jasonarima
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

jasonarima , Sep 22, 2020 :
    I have seen similar issues before. Some issues would cause the device to run into the recovery mode and it might be miss-trigger the factory reset. Before OnePlus fixes the issue, if you encounter the same scenario, you can try it to prevent lost your data first. Hope this is helpful.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-plus-nord-reset-restart.1302494/

If your device enters the recovery mode as a screenshot provided by the above post due to some reason or bugs.If you don't select the "Forgot password" and don't select any wipe data option, I think it won't do the factory reset your data. As I know, you can also press "Power key" and "Volume up key" for around 10 seconds to exit this recovery mode.

4. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 22, 2020

Simran K , Sep 22, 2020 :
    We have got in touch with you for more details to get this issue resolved. Hope your coordination would be in place to get this resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
    Simran

5. P1599035778934
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

6. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 30, 2020

Dipjyoti Nath , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for bringing this concern to our notice. We would like to check this further and thereby would require few more details regarding this. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation and hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

jimod08 likes this.
  7. jimod08
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

jimod08 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Hi, I have sent a reply.

8. Dipjyoti Nath

Thanks for bringing this concern to our notice. We would like to check this further and thereby would require few more details regarding this. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation and hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

9. Dipjyoti Nath

10. Dipjyoti Nath

11. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Oct 1, 2020

Dipjyoti Nath , Oct 1, 2020 :

12. Dipjyoti Nath

13. Dipjyoti Nath

14. Dipjyoti Nath

15. Dipjyoti Nath

16. Dipjyoti Nath

17. Dipjyoti Nath

18. Dipjyoti Nath

19. Dipjyoti Nath

20. Dipjyoti Nath

jimod08 likes this.