Donut Jul 30, 2020

tirthak_modi likes this.
  5. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

tirthak_modi likes this.
  6. DrSkiba
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

DrSkiba , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Just viewed my phone in a darker room, my screen is greenish at the top and purplish at the bottom. Any brightness under around 50% seems to display the anomaly. Not as prominent as some other examples here, but it's there:

4d34f764-c62f-452a-a632-0d270445e975.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

tirthak_modi likes this.
  7. ashunk
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020

tirthak_modi likes this.
  8. illyaustenko
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

illyaustenko , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I have a greentint issue right in the middle of the screen. it's all fine till you have a dark background and it's evening. then you can see it pretty well.

tirthak_modi likes this.
  9. wwegleitner
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020

wwegleitner , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thats a Hardware issue. Just return it and order a new one. And return that if it has the Same issue and Order a new one and so on and so on.

I had 3 Oneplus 8 ordered via Amazon. My third has no issues.

Dont be fooled by Oneplus Support. There are Panels without that kind of chunk.

L1597144366008 likes this.
  10. Shawn L.
    Head of Product for Nord Staff Member Jul 31, 2020

Shawn L. , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Hey there,

Thank you for your concerns. We've been following everyone's feedback on this and want to address it.

When the brightness of an AMOLED display is turned very low, some users might notice a slight discoloration that disappears when the screen brightness increases. This is a characteristic of all OLED displays, and is not a quality issue. Still, we are currently working on an OTA update to improve your experience.

11. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 31, 2020

Dunnow , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I believe something similar happened with the 8 and an update made a few improvements about it.

Wait until the update mentioned above and if it doesn't work for you, contact customer support then, i bet they will be able to figure something out.

otto2 likes this.
  12. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020

13. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 31, 2020

camohan , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thanks Shawn for following the issue and coming out here to reply to the community. There has been several posts about this in past and your message is providing a hope here.

Batman360, otto2, ASCHENTE_V and 4 others like this.
  14. Starcommander
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Jul 31, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thank you but don't you think discoloration is more than the 8 series?
    Screenshot_20200731-224944.jpg
    This image has gone viral on Twitter. What are your take on this?

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  15. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 31, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I'll tell you what exactly happened... OnePlus limited minimum brightness and called it as a fix, just by trying to hide an issue under layers of doubtful software decisions. Thus now lots of tech sites claim that issues used to be addressed and fixed, lol. Convince enthusiasts that situation is Ok, and they'll spread it all over the internet :D. Those aren't improvements. When you struggle from a toothache, you can't always take painkillers, sooner or later you'll need to attend the dentist.

Expecting nothing more than that this time as well 🍿🍿🍿

tirthak_modi likes this.
  16. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jul 31, 2020 :
    OnePlus don't care. As long as they have your money that's what counts. What needs to happen is for users to return their handsets in large numbers and ask for a refund. If enough users do it, that will make OnePlus (or their owners BBK) sit up and take notice. Unfortunately users are in denial and don't want to admit they've bought a phone with hardware issues that can't be fixed.

namanchokhani and tirthak_modi like this.
  17. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2020

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    i want to contradict you , yes amoled has some tint Nature , but what i see in OnePlus 8 pro is something too much !
    who will explain that black bar thing ??
    is that also a nature of amoled display ???
    please come up with some technical answer not a excuse !

tirthak_modi likes this.
  18. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jul 31, 2020 :
    It's not too late to return your handsets and ask for a refund. It can't be a great phone if it has fundamental display issues. It's a bit like saying I have a great Porsche but it doesn't go fast but I'll accept that's the way it is. Seriously folks - wake up, return your handsets, ask for a refund and buy another brand.

tirthak_modi likes this.
  19. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 31, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Sorry, but everyone is fed up with broken promises and strange excuses to display problems. Oh, if this was the first time. Unfortunately, experience proves that this's sth that comes year after year, phone after phone...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020

tirthak_modi likes this.
  20. MrTechAuditor
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020

MrTechAuditor , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thanks @Shawn L. for acknowledging it, and working on a fix via OTA. But please make sure this issues doens't come up again in future on any Oneplus device, as nobody likes to have them.

And here's an alleged fix for this, shared by a community member on Twitter, could you please shed some light on it ?
    1596219322160.jpg

tirthak_modi likes this.