OnePlus Nord : Let's talk about it.

1. M Power
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

M Power , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Display issues with OnePlus Nord too.
    Check: https://twitter.com/FoxTechh/status/1288479671835938819?s=19

I had my share of this whole Amoled + Tint + Crushed Black experience when I purchased 7T back in the beginning of November 2019 and had to return for refund, which finally got by Jan 2020. Dismal customer support from OnePlus.

Hey OnePlus, with all the due respect, let the product be worthy of the hype.

Come up with an official statement on the display issues and if it's the case with all the Amoled panels then say it loud and clear; All your display mate rankings and the PR is just misleading.

Put your official statement on the Amoled display across all the product page so the potential buyer makes the right purchase decision for himself.

SJBoss and Dresa91 like this.
  2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 30, 2020 :
    But that's not what they advertised... Not even close as far as I remember. I get about the same as you at work and slightly slower at home.
    "Back to the roots" was just a clever marketing tactic, a back to the roots device would cannibalize sales of the 8 series.
    They just wanted people to think that they're getting what they're paying for so they crammed in every cheap sensor they could find. so far it seems to be working.
    Almost every tech YouTuber has been weird, they tell you all the downsides and end with "you should get it" doesn't really makes sense.
    :rolleyes:
    You won't get any official statement here, forums/community is merely a platform for hype marketing. You can check Android authority or 9to5google for that.

3. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2020

agoinfly , Jul 30, 2020 :
    'Almost'
    because we don't even need
    to talk
    about it.

Take a look instead at my
    #NewBeginnings
    Magic device
    [​IMG]

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 30, 2020 :
    The red blue color variant looks cool as fcuk. don't know what asus was thinking while trimming down the Design on the ROG 3 it's a gaming phone ffs.

agoinfly and Dresa91 like this.
  5. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2020

agoinfly , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I like more
    the old-fashioned silver

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 30, 2020

YRJ , Jul 30, 2020 :
    About the thread or the Nord? :D
    Tbh, you left no room for me to say anything. That's quite an achievement xD

7. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I'll see you trying :rolleyes:
    Enough has been said. People are having second thoughts about their orders.
    [​IMG]

YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 30, 2020

YRJ , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Is that a threat :rolleyes:
    They come for the specs and stay for oos. :D

SJBoss, iharshjjain and Dresa91 like this.
  9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 30, 2020 :
    take it however you like it :rolleyes:
    Won't be the same on a Mid-Ranger after some time.

YRJ, palc, TibiTibi and 1 other person like this.
  10. palc001
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2020

palc001 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Well, I don't think they got to hype it in the forum where users like you exist. All I see is poor reviews, everywhere. They know quite a few people in here know to hold their shit together.
    Which is why they're mostly targeting instagram and twitter audience. And poor Indians who're still riding on the hype trend.

SJBoss likes this.
  11. malidan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

malidan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Xiaomi don't have a problem, I don't remember OPPO having at problem, etc, etc.
    Is defo a OP thing, lets set the minimum brightness to?? % to hide the issue and call it a fix

SJBoss likes this.
  12. malidan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

malidan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I dunno, after everything I said I popped my 4G sim in the 5G K30 and got this.
    Screenshot_20200729_210753.jpg
    How dare my network supplier give me a free upgrade and not tell me. I was wondering why my 4G speed had dropped by 40mb:mad:

Gooooooood thread.

SJBoss likes this.
  13. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Yes indeed, they are clumsy with the communication.
    In other hands, all devices are not impacted by this screen issue. I own a OP8Pro. Didn't soportes yet that kind, crush black, tinted. I have to say that I used driver every day, normal usage.

What one's would do if the smartphone is crashed resistant?
    Threw their device from 3rd floor to check this out?
    ( Example is amplified to argue the previous example)
    I don't say that the issue don't exist, it's a fact that tint issue exist but one's do everything to pretend they are impacted!
    M2c

14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020

malidan and Dresa91 like this.
  15. malidan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

malidan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    OP dlevice history show the opposite, OP owners actually deny screen issues.
    OPO. The yellow band " I have it but I don't notice it" :confused:
    OP5: Jelly "I don't have the issue" when every screen is inverted.
    OP2. Ghost touches use a case, they said the same. For the 7's
    Comical is what come to mind as per the norm.

SJBoss likes this.
  16. malidan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

malidan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I know, I am just very lucky I think. I checked on the 5G map and for some reason the an almost perfect reception area of 3 miles triangular around me, I' m just wondering why as it just a residential area.

SJBoss likes this.
  17. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I don't work for OP. So I have no concern by how they handled this and that nor to pretend that everything is fine and hide some issue. I'd have any issue I would tell it.
    That's all. I tought you owned a Rog3 device.

SJBoss likes this.
  18. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

SJBoss likes this.
  19. malidan
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020

malidan , Aug 1, 2020 :
    ROG 2 and almost certainly the 3.
    And before you ask, the same as everyone else to buy. But I have already learnt my lessons and hype has no effect on my wallet, I listen, watch and remain objective.

SJBoss likes this.
  20. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020

fragargon , Aug 1, 2020 :
    That's fine. You agree everyone is free with their choice, idea, opinion and mind.
    As I choose to buy an OP device because it's a good device. I ain't got any issue till now. I'm electronic engineer. So I if said I have no issue with device so far, I think you can trust me! 😃

From now I would rather fight that they raised their CS SLA. (Service level agreement) because I see too much inconsistency in the way they Handel the ticket request. 🤔

SJBoss likes this.