[Submitted] OnePlus Nord - No notifications/calls from apps

1. catalin.tanase
    Froyo Oct 28, 2020

catalin.tanase , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Hey guys! There's a new update rolling. 10.5.9. In the changelog there's a "improved network stability". Fingers crossed! :))

2. J1599724021910
    Eclair Oct 28, 2020

J1599724021910 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Do not hope for it... Just tested this new 10.5.9 with whatsapp web, but still it loses connection...🙄

3. Mark Lehmann
    Donut Oct 31, 2020

4. K Le
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

K Le , Oct 31, 2020 :
    I think this update fixed my problem. I've been updated since 29/October and have been receiving my notification as it should. Will update this comment if the problem occur to me again. Good luck everybody, I guess you just gotta be lucky if the update work for you or not.

Edit// Nope still not getting the notifications from now and then. And it has been worse and more noticable now than the first days of this update...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020

5. catalin.tanase
    Froyo Oct 31, 2020

6. B1538513553725
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

B1538513553725 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Bought this phone in Aug and have had the same issue since purchase. Have been reading this thread and stayed patient but it's been 3 months almost and there's been no improvement. No update has resolved the issue. If so many people are experiencing the same then I'm considering just returning this phone as my patience is running low.

T1597925340848 likes this.
  7. catalin.tanase
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

catalin.tanase , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Well, I can't return it anymore. I'll just wait for the Android 11 update and if the issue will not be gone this will be my first and last OnePlus phone. Without push notifications a smartphone is not a smartphone

8. V1604414400430
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2020

V1604414400430 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Hi !

My father is experiencing the same matter. Today we downloaded the update which improves « system stability and bugs » but it didn’t solve thé notification trouble.

Best regards (also, if there is a French support, it would be great) :D

9. T1597925340848
    Donut Nov 3, 2020

10. Mark Lehmann
    Donut Nov 3, 2020

Mark Lehmann , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Im totally agree with you. I think the same.

11. nvs.core
    Eclair Nov 3, 2020

12. catalin.tanase
    Froyo Nov 4, 2020

catalin.tanase , Nov 4, 2020 :
    ...And I don't think we will get an update to solve this under Android 10.
    I'm not a programmer, but I'm almost sure this is the kind of issue that can be solved relatively easy, IF you willing to.

But, as I said it before, probably the devs are working on testing and debugging the Android 11 update. By the way, any news regarding the date when we will receive it?

nvs.core and T1597925340848 like this.
  13. nvs.core
    Eclair Nov 6, 2020

nvs.core , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Thought about that a few days ago. Agreed.

14. goncalotex
    Froyo Nov 13, 2020

goncalotex , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Update

After complaining again and again I finally got a remote session scheduled. At the remote session the phone wouldn't connect to my PC for some reason so the technician advised me to send the phone for repair since he couldn't do anything.

Of course without any more options I did. Requested the repair on Nov 4 and received the phone back on Nov 13. Everything went smooth, UPS came to pick up the phone and delivered it back. Very fast. On the repair report they state that the issue was 'Wireless connection - Poor WiFi signal' and that they replaced the 'Mainboard EU' and the 'back cover adhesive'.

Sounds promising so far :rolleyes: but well you probably guessed by now that the phone came back with the same exact problem. WiFi is still disconnecting when the phone goes on idle. Making it impossible to receive messages and calls from apps that require WiFi to be always on, like WhatsApp.

To add on to all this, I still got the bonus of my official OnePlus tempered glass being removed from the phone with no replacement in sight. About this they kept saying they would "escalate the issue to review" and so I had to keep pressuring support to solve this issue immediately until they finally opened a replacement with a RMA Number (let's see how that goes). I find it very sad that a company like OnePlus has to keep pushing back on replacing a tempered glass removed on repair. In a situation like this they should immediately open a replacement without trying to keep pushing back in order for us to give up.

So here I am again complaining at support. I get advised to send the phone for repair AGAIN and that they will pass on the details that the first repair didn't work so they could further inspect the problem (will they do it? Probably not). At least this time they opened the request for me and approved it at the same time (because I pushed for it but still nice).

Another thing they keep brushing off anytime I mention it is the fact that I have 2 OP Nord with the same exact problem. Now if mine miraculously gets fixed, I imagine the pain it's going to be to fix the second one.

Honestly expectations are very low as they should. I'm willing to give it a second go, but that's it, if still after that it doesn't get fixed, I'll start fighting for a full refund. So yeah, it's in the box ready to go back to repair for the second time. I'll obviously update you all again on how it goes this second time.

15. Badtz
    Eclair Nov 17, 2020

Badtz , Nov 17, 2020 :
    2xOnePlus Nord with the same problem! My router 7590 (avm) says that both devices are connected to the WiFi! Messages arrive too! BUT NORTH does not show it! WTF I had the same problem with Xiaomi! >>> back to Amazon

16. cla93
    Eclair Nov 18, 2020

cla93 , Nov 18, 2020 :
    Same problem here, I'm not sure if it happens with all the app in background, but sure it happens with whatsapp; when the notification "whatsapp is checking for new messages" appear I always need to turn off and on the wifi to get notifications. Also tried to deactivate battery optimisation, changed router configuration, nothing seems to work.

Do you know if there will be any news from OP support or if they prefer to pass on this, hoping people will ignore this with time ?

17. H1596450840691
    Donut Nov 18, 2020

H1596450840691 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 18, 2020 :
    I have been using the wifeeper app as a person recommended previously and i have to say, this problem is now gone. And the toll on the battery is next to nothing. This is a pretty good temporary solution (for me at least) and i recommend that anybody that needs an easy fix to download it.

Merseyside Red likes this.
  18. Badtz
    Eclair Nov 18, 2020

Badtz , Nov 18, 2020 :
    I tried it out quickly and had the same problem with Gmail. Email sendet at16:07 (OP5) arrived 16:07 (Oneplus Nord) - notification that an email ---> After unlocking the smartphone

19. Badtz
    Eclair Nov 18, 2020

Badtz , Nov 18, 2020 :
    Okay, I got access to WhatsApp from my parents! And it is unbelievable as soon as the display is switched off WhatsApp (web) loses the connection and with the app wifikeeper no longer loses.

Question:
    I need an app that I can lock (lock in the task manager) my parents need that foolproof. Is there an alternative to wifikeeper ??

20. O1601207221217
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2020

O1601207221217 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 19, 2020 :
    I have been facing the same issue with my OnePlus Nord. It's my first OnePlus phone and this issue has really degraded my experience with OnePlus. If someone finds a solution, please do let me know.