OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 update via OnePlus Nord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aanan.
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

Aanan. , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Seen the news of OxygenOS 11 coming to nord, I've been waiting for 3 days, I hope OnePlus can also provide us with an OTA so that we can install it on our own, I know the OTA is available on the net but that also raises a security concern as it is an important file to download from a random app/website. I'm optimistic that I'll probably get the update in a few days time but I would like to have the option to manually install the update from the OnePlus website in the future.

Rishindra Mani likes this.
  2. SlackW_1993
    Jelly Bean Mar 3, 2021

SlackW_1993 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Hi
    OxygenOS updates are not random files from a random server. All is secured from beginning to end from the servers of OnePlus and no other places.
    If you are very patient you'll have to wait for the long deployment of OTA (Over The Air) via Settings > System > Updates which takes many days or weeks.
    If you are in a hurry just please use Oxygen Updater app from the Play Store and you'll have the notification of the update in less than one second for an immediate safe and secure download. This is the solution adopted by every serious long time users of OnePlus and this solution has many advantages such as the possibility to receive full or incremental update(s) and to store all the files in the root of tour device for instant use, future use, archiving or repair.
    Whatever solution you choose the update files are exactly the same and coming from OnePlus servers.
    As the servers are functionning at full speed, the 3 GB update of OxygenOS 11 is received in less than one minute to 2 minutes on a fiber WiFi network and Oneplus Nord in WiFi AC and of course much more via DSL WiFi.
    Regards

3. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 3, 2021

pablofg1978 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    Please read and use the official update thread for any update related discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-for-the-oneplus-nord.1395954/unread
    Thread closed