2. Absolutely

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. abhi9930
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

abhi9930 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    @Joel Jacob @Carl @Pete

I ordered the pre-order box with the following expections:

1. My initial purchase price Rs.499 would be adjusted against my purchase of OnePlus Nord.
    2. I would be able to get a OnePlus before the open sales.
    3. I will get benefits worth Rs.5000 in the form of gift boxes.
    4. Last but not the least, I'd receive the AR Invite before 21st July, 2020 (Launch event) so that I can join the launch event with MY cardboard.
    Now after seeing your reply, I feel CHEATED because none of my expectations are met.

Going forward, I have a few queries:

1. If we are supposed to order the OnePlus Nord during the open sales, then what's point of pre-ordering it? Please elaborate!
    2. What about the Rs.5000 worth of benefits promised with the pre-order?

Because if you add up the total value of the gift box the amount comes to
      • Gift box 1 with OnePlus Bullets Wireless V1
        OnePlus Bullets Wireless V1 : Rs. 2999
        Sandstone case : Rs. 790
        TOTAL : Rs. 3789
        Initial cost of the Pre-order box : - Rs. 499
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        Total Benefits worth Rs. 3290
        ----------------------------------------------------------
      • Gift Box 2 with OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z
        OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z : Rs. 1999
        Sandstone case : Rs. 790
        OnePlus.in coupon : Rs. 499
        (Not applicable on Nord) TOTAL : Rs. 3288
        Initial cost of the Pre-order box : - Rs. 499
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        Total Benefits worth Rs. 2789
        ----------------------------------------------------------
      • None of the boxes amount to Rs.5000. I'd like an explanation for this!!
    Here are some solutions for this mess:

1. GIve early access to customer's who ordered pre-order boxes.
    2. Adjust the pre-order box's price(Rs.499) within the purchase price of OnePlus Nord.
    3. Offer the OnePlus Buds(Rs. 4990) in the second gift box.
    I hope to hear from OnePlus soon or else I'd be forced to file a complaint, against OnePlus and Amazon, with the National Consumer Forum of India.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020

2. abhi9930
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

3. SNIP44
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2020

Shiba±06 likes this.
  4. abhi9930
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

abhi9930 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Good luck trying to read each and every line of T&C when the pre-order page is only live for a couple of minutes and is taken down after you order it.

Secondly, Everywhere else except India, customers who pre-ordered the Nord received an invite code. So in my opinion it is a scam!

5. iknowknowthing
    Eclair Jul 27, 2020

iknowknowthing , Jul 27, 2020 :
    @Joel Jacob @Carl @Pete

If you guys never Intended to reserve devices for Indians then why you named it "Pre-order". You hadn't disclosed the complete specs of Nord yet we went ahead and blindly pre-ordered the phone. Now we're being repaid with deception.

Pramod@0588 likes this.
  6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 27, 2020 :
    It's exactly what it is. You gave in to the hype. It is your duty as the consumer to read the terms and condition.

Yes. What they did is shady tactics and played the hype marketing technic, but as long as your clicked on accept terms and conditions, you have no stand in any consumer court.

P1595510057054 likes this.
  7. apoorvth
    Eclair Jul 27, 2020

apoorvth , Jul 27, 2020 :
    how in the world does PRE-ORDER not include an option to order it. when OnePlus advertised saying RESERVE YOUR NORD. what does "reserve" mean? what does "there is a nord with your name on it" mean?

8. iknowknowthing
    Eclair Jul 27, 2020

iknowknowthing , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Indians who pre-ordered on 15th July, received a card saying "There is a Nord with your name on it". But neither we have received any Invitation card to complete the pre-order process nor any voucher. Infact they're pushing pre-orderers to go through regular pre-booking/open sale. They haven't reserved devices for us, so yes they did a SCAM in the name of pre-order.

9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 27, 2020 :
    I agree it was Shitty thing to do. I haven't read the T&C, but I'm pretty sure they have a clause there to protect their backside.
    Once again, don't give in to hype!

10. SPankaj
    Donut Jul 27, 2020

SPankaj , Jul 27, 2020 :
    I too returned pre order when ii found oneplus doing scam on this. and also no early sale for preorder then whats the logic for fake ads . i will never buy OP, trust broken

11. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Oh really!? How about you answer the above mentioned questions this guy has raised here then? Would be great if you can give a concrete answer and with results. Bus comment kardo bina poori kahaani jaane.

12. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

bhai sun, may be he didn’t read the terms and conditions. I did, the moment i bought the Preorder, i saw the t&c and took a snapshot of the whole thing. The pointers mentioned on those t&c does raise genuine questions. Not just that, but also the Preorder Invites stating “hey theres a Oneplus nord with your name on it”. If you are not one of those who bought (or if you didn’t buy willfully or you failed to) preorders, you are missing the whole picture , and i urge you to not comment when you do not even understand the whole issues.
    What hype are you referring to? You mean if the marketing campaign is hyped by any brand, does that give them the right to fool people and get away without facing the consequences?

100’s, if not thousands have snapshots and hard proof as well, where it clearly states what issues they have been raising. So, refrain from the urge of commenting here, when you don’t even understand the whole picture.

And if you are or were one of the preorder buyer, then when we win our case and OnePlus is legally directed to fulfill their promises, don’t stand in the line to take the benefit, as you so strongly believe in “you gave into hype, you clicked on accept t&c, have no standing in consumer court” bla bla .

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 27, 2020 :
    For the understanding of everyone who is discussing here, can you post those screenshots of T&C here?

14. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

Hey, Check out the thread “oneplus nord availability in india”. You’ll find my and 100’s of posts there. Read Joel Jacob (Oneplus team) posts, he has written the second post after a day of outburst of people regarding the issues. But his points are completely invalid.

U1594038549699 and abhi9930 like this.
  15. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

Incase People in this thread ain’t aware of what exactly is wrong, I’ll be uploading a video on this matter soon.

AKHI326 likes this.
  16. SaiRamGarimella
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

17. adithya2107
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

adithya2107 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    This mentality that companies can screw over customers is exactly the point. This wouldn't fly anywhere else, even if customers demand unreasonable things, companies try to meet them in some cases. (This is obviously not in India)

What's being asked in this case, is only what THEY promised.
    No one held a gun to OnePlus's head and asked them to offer those terms before 15th July.

What you're saying is basically you go to a store and ask them to hold a product for you and pay a deposit for it. When they delay or cause trouble - you basically do nothing cause you're afraid they'd even take your deposit. Is that it?

If that's the case, you might as well bend over. Cause you're asking for it.

18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 27, 2020 :
    I have already read those. And I am also telling you that it is a Shitty and confusing thing.
    My question is, this thread, it only counts the second gift box. What about the merchandise you got when you got the pre-order? All put together, it must account to Rs. 5000. Not just the second gift box.

19. SaiRamGarimella
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

SaiRamGarimella , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 27, 2020 :
    adithya2107

I'm not afraid of that they are going to take my deposit.

I'm making a point on, for 499 and a 25k phone they are offering many goodies, so i would wait for a little bit longer than to receive none. You have to understand there's a pandemic going on so it's possible that they might miss the dates.
    For OnePlus 8 Pro i either have take a discount on the phone on Amazon or buy the phone at full price on the OnePlus site and get the complimentaries. With the nord you can get both it seems.

And it's worth upto 5000 (*) not flat 5000, aren't you getting 2 boxes which could worth 5k combined.

Also, "bend over" not cool man!

Shiba±06 likes this.
  20. adithya2107
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

adithya2107 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    We have been waiting. OnePlus communication has gone cold. Pre-booking starts tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the current communication with OnePlus so far shows they aren't really being upfront - Check out
    neelesh7852's post on OnePlus Nord: Availability in India.

Apparently OnePlus customer care is claiming that the AmEx discount is the magical variable that makes up the benefits of Rs. 5000.

Hilarious things like this is why you see people frustrated. No offence

abhi9930 and iknowknowthing like this.