OnePlus Nord users – we want to hear from you!

1. Joe C.
    Member of digital team Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Joe C. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Fun fact – OnePlus turns seven-years-old on December 17. It’s been a pretty surreal year, but that’s not going to stop us from celebrating with you, our incredible community.

As part of our celebrations, we’re creating a little video for the OnePlus Nord Instagram that will give testimonies from our team about what it was like to launch a new smartphone line in a year like no other. But that’s only half the story – we want to hear from you. We want you to record a video that answers each of the following questions:

1. Why did you buy OnePlus Nord?

2. What does OnePlus Nord mean to you?

3. How have you still felt part of the Nord community despite social distancing and therefore a lack of in-person events?

We want you to record a YouTube video that answers each of the questions above and either embed it or share a link to it below. Once we’ve got all of your submissions, we’ll review them and feature some of them in our forthcoming video.

In other words, you might only be one video away from social media stardom. :)

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Dec 1, 2020 :
    We want to sweeten the deal for all of you!

As part of our 2020 OnePlus User Festival we'll be rewarding all valid entries with 50 raffle points to redeem prizes on December 23. What's more, if your entry makes it into the final video, you'll get 150 RP instead. There will be a plethora of prizes to choose from so don't miss this chance to increase your raffle points.

3. RAXESH PANDYA
    Donut Dec 1, 2020

4. hpvaghani1992 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Well lets keep it straight

I bought nord as it is best in this price range and specifications but it lacks utilisation of the configuration. said:

For example OP means stand put from stock and away from bloats.
    Yet it lacks OP application like dialer, messaging and contacts.

Software is not yet served latest.

Other things with camera setup, its not utilized up to mark.

Thanks, Hope to see if some one from OP will look into it and correct the wrongs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

5. Erajay35
    Froyo Dec 1, 2020

6. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

7. veelzevull
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2020

8. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 1, 2020

9. DCommander , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 1, 2020 :
    OnePlus Nord is a phone no like other, it's 5G supportivity was one main key point which makes people purchase the OnePlus Nord.

OnePlus Nord is of great value and is like a piece of diamond 💎 in the OnePlus Phones, it makes people tempt to buy this phone and its shows the standard of the people.

Yes indeed the pandemic makes a difference. It was an upsetting one as could not check the specs soon after it's launch and people mostly had to purchase it online. So people must have felt upset, but there is a lots to come..

10. I1603629515076
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2020

Melecian and dikoscilator like this.
  11. kvasir42 , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I got a OnePlus Nord because of the specs and price point - and I'd heard good things about OnePlus. So far it's failed to meet my expectations. It freezes and reboots itself 4-7 times per day at random, no Android 11, middling customer service.

Bottom line, I want to like this phone and the company, but OnePlus is making it really hard to do so.

12. Prasidh_raj
    Donut Dec 1, 2020

Prasidh_raj , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I love op nord but the reason is that can it provide constant 60fps in pubg and a bit more calibration of gyroscope all I need and I will be very happy with OnePlus and your optimization is really good and android 11 is also a thing to be noted

13. Shonjose
    Eclair Dec 1, 2020

Shonjose , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Great disappointment... After each updates nord faces new problems instead of solns. Also we dont feel pure oxygen os feeling due to the absence of oneplus dialer contacts and messages app. Google apps are boring. Due to the absence of oneplus own apps the complete software experience is missing. A lot of display issue both in dark and white tone. Plz try to fix issues jn updates instead of bringing new issues. Also the updates are not regular. Really this phone is totally a disappointment.

14. S1604118823892 , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Well this is my first OnePlus device and I bought this because of the oxygen os and I am impressed with the performance which this device offers in this price segment but definitely it needs improvement in camera, battery backup isn't that impressive and also facing network stability issues hope these issues get fix in upcoming software update.

Thanks team Nord

15. NKMehedI
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2020

NKMehedI , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I brought One plus Nord,
    said:
    1.For better camera but,
    - it back camera (main) is not so good.
    - Protrait shot, mainly edge detection is disappointing
    -front camera is bad...
    2.For Batter music experience in earphones but,
    -the bass quality is really fear.

Please improve the camera quality...
    There have not op dailer,massage...
    What is it oneplus?...

We can't hope it from you,
    You are a brand,keep your proper standard...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020

16. Ujesh Sidpara
    Donut Dec 1, 2020

17. rajkumargupta81 , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Atleast once try to understand what we all facing due to rigid Google message and dialer app.
    Feeling cheated
    Bought Nord from savings - now can't throw it and unable to use it freely

Need help

18. Sanniva
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2020

Sanniva , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I bought it from Amazon India! The Blue colour looks stunning and the phone is fast af. The Cameras don't compliment its performance that much. I hope since Oxygen Os 11 is right around the corner,its gonna boost the Camera Performance too and the phone will feel snapper as always. [e]1f44c[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]2764[/e]️

19. mepiyushsharma
    Eclair Dec 1, 2020

mepiyushsharma , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I bought OnePlus due to the brand name that is OnePlus.
    Nord is my first expensive phone so it does mean a lot to me. But after seeing so much of unresolved issues I feel disappointed. Overnight battery drain+ pink tint+ black band across punchhole. So my expectations were very high from nord but it doesn't served it's worth. So disappointing for me to but OnePlus nord.

20. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 1, 2020 :
    1. Why did you buy OnePlus Nord?
    A. Because I want to find true north (true direction) of my life by purchasing OnePlus Nord.

2. What does OnePlus Nord mean to you?
    A. OnePlus Nord is my 24*7 support system.

3. How have you still felt part of the Nord community despite social distancing and therefore a lack of in-person events?
    A. Nord community is second home for me and in home social distancing doesn't affect most of time!