OnePlus Notes App via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile

1. N1547398912119 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    Hello,
    I have an OnePlus 6T (about to upgrade!). My device was recently updated. OxygenOS is now 10.3.9 & Android 10.

After the update, my Notes App disappeared, along with ALL of my notes. Well over 100 individual notes.

I have gotten the same app installed back on the phone. Is there ANY WAY at all to get my lost data?

I installed, Android Data Recovery tool on my computer. I am in developer mode, USB debugging is enabled. The next step in the software is to scan the device, starting the scan, I get a message saying that the phone needs to be "rooted".

If rooting is the only option, I will go that way. If there is another way, I would rather not take a chance on loosing the rest of my data.

Any suggestions on getting my "note data" recovered?
    I have since starting using Keep Notes.

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

Shailender Sharma , May 6, 2021 :
    Did you enabled OnePlus cloud by any chance in the past and synced notes to the cloud?

If not, Paid data recovery tool option is one option but I will not suggest it to you.

Btw, google keep is best, you already start using it.

3. N1547398912119 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    Did you enabled OnePlus cloud by any chance in the past and synced notes to the cloud?

If not, Paid data recovery tool option is one option but I will not suggest it to you.

Btw, google keep is best, you already start using it.

I have not setup a OnePlus cloud account.
    I have installed "KEEP NOTES" and using it.

I understand you cannot suggest a specific data recovery tool, however, have you had success using a data recovery tool?

4. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

Nope, due to the pathetic success rate of recovery tool, thatswhy none suggested.

5. N1547398912119 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    I tried "Android Data Recovery". Through the process I got a message saying that my phone needs to be "rooted". Do you know if that is -standard- with recovery tools? That the phone needs to be rooted before I even have a chance at recovering any data?
    Or could this just being a requirement for this software?
    Thanks for your help!

6. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

The reason behind is only one thing “want to get more control over the device”.
    https://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/how-to-restore-data-from-rooting-android

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dangers-of-rooting.3813897/

https://www.educba.com/rooting-android/

Now that you know the pros and cons of rooting Android, you should be able to make an informed decision on whether it is worth the hassle and risks or not.

7. Tobikage
    Nougat May 6, 2021

Tobikage , May 6, 2021 :
    Chances of getting that data back are zero....maybe someone should tell him.

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  8. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

Explained everything.
    User is deceived by the marketing of recovery tool Inc., thinking of rooting :rolleyes:

Tobikage likes this.