KitKat Aug 19, 2014

bestlands , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I'll ask them tomorrow its 3 am here in ka

dsmpampis likes this.
  2. aam1981
    Froyo Aug 19, 2014

aam1981 , Aug 19, 2014 :

Well the Case is getting worse by the day... but some
    consolation ... Through an RMA, OPO will be sending a replacement.

Response from OPO:
    To which I have asked to send from a new batch as the old ones seem to be not made to quality.

Lets see what I receive.

binky likes this.
  3. binky
    Lollipop Aug 19, 2014

binky , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Keep us updated. It's good to know that 1+ is standing by their cases at least.

4. Ragin
    Froyo Aug 19, 2014

Ragin , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Clear Case in and in use. Looks not bad. Plastic sturdy. Does make the grip a little slick. Like the case-less feel better. So that's something I'm pondering now. Feel vs protection.

5. binky
    Lollipop Aug 19, 2014

binky , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I'm curious as to how the case will hold up after you use it for a while, and repeated re-seatings.

Does the case have a slightly raised bumper along the full front of the phone? That's pretty much a must in a case for me...but with my luck I'll likely drop it screen down onto a jagged pointing rock jutting out of soft mud or something.

6. bertchen7
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

bertchen7 , Aug 20, 2014 :
    HK Dollars :)

binky likes this.
  7. binky
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2014

binky , Aug 20, 2014 :
    That clarifies things a bit then, but $54 CAD is still a bit much haha.

8. bertchen7
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

bertchen7 , Aug 20, 2014 :
    HKD158 is just around 22 CAD :)

9. binky
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2014

binky , Aug 20, 2014 :
    It was $378 when I looked at it :eek:.

10. Kzzx
    Donut Aug 20, 2014

Kzzx , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Bought the [1+] Flip Cover Case and [1+] Screen Protector.

[1+] Flip Cover Case, 8/10.

- Warning: MINOR CRACKS occur at the slightest bend;
    in my case I wanted to see if it was a snug fit before I bothered to keep it and demand a refund, but taking it out was scary and resulted in a top corner crack. Integrity of the case is probably still fine as long as I don't drop it on that same corner.

+ Magnetic cover = auto On/off = Yay. I'm actually truly really happy about this, but you can't see it via the internets.

- Magnetic cover covers indication light
    **** 1+ Designers: A) please just make the speaker hole longer to show the indication light, no need for a second hole. B) ...That's what he said.

+ I can feel the buttons through the case enough so it doesn't block them.
    - Case makes buttons not feel as natural, and may seem to need a bit more effort to press.

+ Allthewhile, I suppose this is good design to have less crevices getting weird dustgunkfur out.

+ I honestly wanted the backing for the white and not the weird texture of the sandstone black, but this is a good compromise to cover it.
    + Tough material, no stupid scratches from things like keys and pens in my pockets

[1+] Screen Protector 9/10

+ Covers about 98% of the screen, makes room for off-angled placement
    - Very small instructions, magnifying glass not included to read directions.
    + Very good implementing design, packaging is definitely unnecessary but keeps everything neat and organized.
    + Testing styluses to see what would work on the screen protector; did well withstanding a couple 'sharper' points.

BitJunky, krzysztofer and binky like this.
  11. binky
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2014

binky , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Nicely done. One of the most detailed comment reviews I've seen on the 1+ flip case.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this.

I think you're generous with your ratings though =).

12. Uhwaz
    Froyo Aug 20, 2014

Uhwaz , Aug 20, 2014 :
    +1 for the flip case got black one and love it
    GF has blue one thats nice too :)

13. isaiah_marin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2014

14. Patterz
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2014

15. binky
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2014

binky , Aug 20, 2014 :
    I've seen about a dozen people chime in on the 1+ flip case, good design, low durability materials.

The 1 other flip case review off of eBay was panned. I haven't seen any other suggestions yet. Let me know if you find one you like. I'm not a fan of flip cases, but then again maybe I haven't found a good one yet =).

16. GDanteOnePlus1
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2014

GDanteOnePlus1 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    I brought the flip case but am not too happy with it. I though it was supposed to latch in someway so that would sit flush with the screen when closed. Mine does not and thus when I try to close it, it then opens up again causing the screen to turn on. Does anyone have any recommendations for a leather flip case which will actually stay closed?

17. binky
    Lollipop Aug 21, 2014

binky , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Put in a RMA request.

If you can't be bothered with that for whatever reason, try keeping it in your pocket closed. Another poster commented that he did that for a few days and the phone 'shaped' to his phone and closed properly after that.

Obviously a front pocket, please don't put the phone in your back pocket and have a sit down.

18. bertchen7
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014

binky likes this.
  19. fisheatdog
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2014

fisheatdog , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Does anyone know if a micro USB speaker dock would be able to charge and play music for the OPO? For example, would this be a good purchase?

Edit: I just realized that speaker is Bluetooth. I may end up buying that dock. But in concept, could audio be played through micro USB or is that not possible?

20. scottmartin88
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2014

scottmartin88 , Aug 21, 2014 :
    I don't know about the one you linked, but one thing to watch out for is which way the micro USB plug faces. I have a bluetooth speaker with a micro USB plug that I would charge my Galaxy S4 on every night, but when I got my OPO I found the plug is facing the opposite way, so the phone sits on it backwards.

Problem is, I've never seen a speaker description that says which way the plug faces, so I don't know if you'd know until you bought it. Just something to keep in mind.

fisheatdog and binky like this.