OnePlus One and Cyanogen OS

1. Doctor_Pi
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2016

Doctor_Pi , Sep 23, 2016 :
    I just had a bit of a scare. I applied a OTA CM13 incremental update to a OnePlus One I gave as a gift to a friend of mine and it appeared she could no longer unlock it by using her pin. Turns out the pin unlock interface now requires one to touch the check mark after entering the pin.

But this brings up question? Since OnePlus and Cyanogen have parted ways, should I install Oxygen on the OnePlus One? If I stick with Cyanogen, where would I find a suitable CM image to ADB sideload the OnePlus One in case an update should fail?

-Ivan.

2. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 23, 2016

gringoboy , Sep 23, 2016 :
    Oxygen on the OPO? Not in a million years frankly. Afaik, it's never had an update. It will be custom roms for the future of the phone if you want updates, and no Nougat from official sources.

d1beats and Tobikage like this.
  3. SimonRam
    Lollipop Sep 23, 2016

SimonRam , Sep 23, 2016 :
    Stick with Cyanogen. The updates are pretty good with September loaded before anything came out for my three.

Green1230 and Tobikage like this.
  4. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 24, 2016

SimonRam likes this.
  5. Doctor_Pi
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2016

Tobikage likes this.
  6. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2016

megatomic , Sep 25, 2016 :
    I use the Sultanxda CM13 ROM on my OPO and also on my wife's OPO. It's such a great ROM, very stable and the dev keeps it updated. But he may not do a CM14 ROM for it so bear this in mind.

The really good news is the OPO is still a darling of the custom ROM community so it's almost a guarantee that there will be a quality Nougat ROM for it in the near future.

remedy and SimonRam like this.