Oneplus One Battery Drain!!

1. kunjanprasad.12
    Froyo Dec 2, 2015

kunjanprasad.12 , Dec 2, 2015 :
    I am currently on cos 12.1 latest update and non rooted.My opo used to last around 1.5-2 days with a single 100% charge for my use but recently it discharged completely to 0% twice because i didn't have access to any charging port at the time. And now it is draining battery like hell, i am losing 3-4% every 10 mins by using only whatsapp. I tried resetting it but no fix. Can anyone help?

parvath likes this.
  2. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2015

3. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2015

Alivethereality , Dec 2, 2015 :
    haven't heard about the OPO here since like 1864
    have you done the typical routine ? checking if too many apps are draining the battery and running in backgroud, disable some permissions with privacy guard regarding google services, see if the system is updated, you know all the typical things that everybody should do before posting regarding battery drain problems

4. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2015

5. kunjanprasad.12
    Froyo Dec 2, 2015

Yup,running the same settings in privacy guard and checked the apps.

6. kunjanprasad.12
    Froyo Dec 2, 2015

I am not really familiar with flashing kernel. Care to shed some light?

7. JPP-01
    Eclair Dec 2, 2015

JPP-01 , Dec 2, 2015 :
    it's google service , just look on other foum or this one , the keep awake authorization , kills the battery
    before version 8.3 it was possible to block it , now it' impossible or you get google play service stopped working ever 2 sec . I reported the bug but they don't do anything only solution is use an old version i runned the stock 5.0 version and te phone last more than 2 days without problem again the only thing is that you need to disable the automatic updates from google
    I have the problem on my 2 phones one is a OPO the other a HTC

8. kunjanprasad.12
    Froyo Dec 2, 2015

I didn't have any problem while running the lastest version of google services. I think i accidentally calibrated my opo battery by discharging and charging it to 100% twice which is now causing issues.Maybe i should discharge it again to fix it.

9. parvath
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2015

parvath , Dec 2, 2015 :
    Until we have solution I have switched to power save mode. Not ideal for someone who wants to get notifications immediately though.

10. parvath
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2015

11. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2015

HermitDash , Dec 7, 2015 :
    Well if you can flash ROMs it's the same for flashing Kernels. You just need a custom recovery like TWRP or something and then you flash it from there.

Boefella's kernel for COS is pretty good compared to the stock and I have it running as a daily driver.
    You'll get your battery life back plus more if need be.

Do a search around the forums and you'll find out what I'm talking about.

12. SamerMohammed
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2015

13. SamerMohammed
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2015

14. boregonking
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

boregonking , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Cell Standby is using 105% of my battery somehow. Haven't activated my phone yet. Any fixes?

15. Johannes Bogatz
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

Johannes Bogatz , Dec 8, 2015 :
    my batterie drains al lot faster as back then when i buyed it could be normal drain of usage or an failure