OnePlus One battery replace

1. hnycv23
    Donut Nov 9, 2016

hnycv23 , Nov 9, 2016 :
    Sorry this must have been asked many times but when I enter "OnePlus One battery replace" I get only one posting. I'd just like to know if most people send it back to OnePlus and if so how much it costs in the USA. Or if many people order them from other sources and either do it themselves or find local repair people. I've had my phone for 2 years and the battery gets very weak after 2-3 hours. Thanks

netspionage likes this.
  2. Yupet
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2016

netspionage likes this.
  3. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 9, 2016

mojoyoyo77 , Nov 9, 2016 :
    You can change it, but I will send it to OnePlus, that way you will be more sure that you will have an original battery, in the spare parts market there are many fakes

Yupet likes this.
  4. hnycv23
    Donut Nov 11, 2016

hnycv23 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    If the only good solution is to send to Oneplus I would appreciate knowing 1.How much does it cost. 2. How long does it take and 3. Where is the link for this? Id still be open to doing it outside of them if I heard about a reliable way.Thanks

netspionage and lemor like this.
  5. damnedivan
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

6. Deactivated User
    Nov 13, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016

The1Lion likes this.
  7. hnycv23
    Donut Apr 14, 2017

hnycv23 , Apr 14, 2017 :
    Still find no direct link to Oneplus One Battery replace? I'd like to know how much it costs, how long it takes and where to send it. Thank you

netspionage likes this.
  8. netspionage
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2017

netspionage , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Let me know if you do come across this info -- curious to know myself.

FWIW, My OnePlus One's battery was a freak of nature -- as in, it worked IMPOSSIBLY well when I first got it, and continued to do so for some time.

Now, though...it's grown a bit long in the tooth, and needs replacing, so...looking at options.

Cheers,

~J

9. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2017

The1Lion , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Bought one on eBay and replaced myself. The replacement was only marginally better but the seller sent a second battery so I'll give it a try this weekend. The battery has to go through a few charge/discharge cycles so I'll probably know in a couple days if it's good.
    As far as replacing it, not that hard to do just be careful so you don't damage the back, scratch it up, etc...

netspionage likes this.
  10. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2017

You'd probably have to contact OnePlus support to get a quote. I believe they have a place in Texas where you'd have to send it and get a replacement battery. So you'd have to at least calculate the cost to ship it to them, cost of battery, cost to have them install, cost to ship back... I figured it would cost a bit and I'd rather up the money for newer phone, so spent less that $15 USD on one from eBay and did it myself.

11. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2017

fatfingers , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Hope these help:

netspionage likes this.
  12. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2017

fatfingers , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Try Amazon.

Battery:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Replacement-Battery-BLP571-3100mAh/dp/B010Q234AO

Replacement and more importantly, a tool kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Unifix-Mic-C...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YAYPNMVBD6M6FRMW911F

netspionage likes this.
  13. fatfingers
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2017

14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2017

I had tools from when I swapped backs on an original iPhone sometime in history... I just installed the replacement from the seller this morning. Already have it fully charged and letting it discharge now to see how it goes. Actually seems fine at the moment.

15. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2017

16. LCOSTA17
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2017

17. CrAcKeZ
    Honeycomb May 11, 2017

CrAcKeZ , May 11, 2017 :
    Can someone measure the battery weight? just the battery weight(the original one), found a seller claming a real genuine battery weights exactly 51.2g and I'd like to confirm that if someone is about to replace the battery or have time to do it, I'd appriciate to know the exact weight of the original battery :D

netspionage likes this.
  18. netspionage
    Gingerbread May 11, 2017

netspionage , May 11, 2017 :
    I should be able to take a reasonably accurate measurement of two batteries, and will be happy to share the results here just to add to the body of knowledge.

I say two because I have:

-The replacement I just purchased (see pic below: it's a BLP 571 and while I did my best, I'm assuming it's a knockoff/fake/inferior version), and
    -The original battery still *in* my OPO.

I haven't had the time to replace it yet, so will have to weigh it post-removal.

Here's a pic of the new battery I just purchased:[​IMG]

Let me know if that's of any help to anyone, and I'll weigh & post numbers here.

Cheers,

~J

CrAcKeZ likes this.
  19. CrAcKeZ
    Honeycomb May 12, 2017

CrAcKeZ , May 12, 2017 :
    @netspionage try to remove the battery sometime(soon :p) and measure the weight ...then measure the new battery and tell us the actual weight of each - it should be similar if it's way off, you have a fake battery, it's so simple heh

- How long did you have the phone?
    - Why you are replacing the battery? (I mean how long does it last at what usage) ...my battery can last up to a day but it's not as it use to be, just not sure if android 7.1.2(slim7) is optimized enough to our phones or it's just the battery seems to lose capacity(usually I'm not hard on battery and my phone is about 3 years old - Summer 2014)

20. parveenballyan
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2017