OnePlus One boots only in Recovery Mode, Fastboot option not available. Neet Help!!!

1. OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2017

OBiW4NSHiNOBi , Oct 7, 2017 :
    I had this after a failed attempt to side-load a ROM via TWRP, I then misread a message and wiped my phone, so I basically had the TWRP partition and an empty partition where my phone OS should be. Oops. :-/

The only thing that worked was finding a stock image of an OPO and using ADB to flash the original rom one bit at a time.

I can't find the exact link I used but this looks like what I remember doing. I had to change it up a bit as I had a Mac. One 'gotcha' I had was that a couple of the updates failed with error messages relating to size. If you get that then you need to update you copy of ADB to a newer version.

Here's a link. Hope this helps.

http://tweakguy.com/return-your-oneplus-one-to-full-stock/

2. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

sathis232 , Oct 7, 2017 :
    I am in TWRP V2.8.5.1 in my OPO, I managed to go there using QFIL tool and QPST.

Now, need help in installing any CM verison. But cant see a option to push the files to device as devices is listed as "devices" in adb mode.

Any suggestions ?

3. Mykson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2017

Mykson , Oct 7, 2017 :
    If it's not listed as a storage on your computer:
    Use OTG (easiest way) to transfer the files on your device or use adb pull and push commands.

4. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

Yes Mykson, I have used OTG and flashed to cm-13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-bacon-signed.zip.

But now, its in TWRP bootloop. Not able to boot to system.

5. Mykson

Mykson , Oct 7, 2017 :
    Download the latest TWRP version and install it via your current TWRP version (install image).
    Then wipe system, data, cache & dalvik.
    Then install the ROM again.
    You can also use the latest LineageOS zip instead of CM.

6. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2017

thakurayush0497 , Oct 7, 2017 :
    try enabling advanced boot in developers options and reboot into fastboot mode using power button..

7. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

Thank you for the update Mykson.

Installed TWRP 3.1.1 img.
    Wiped system, data, cache and dalvik

I have tried the below builds with no luck, still it boots to TWRP only,
    lineage-14.1-20171002-nightly-bacon-signed.zip
    Unofficial-cm-11.0-XNPH44S-bacon-signed.zip
    cm-12.1-YOG4PAS3JL-bacon-signed.zip
    cm-13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-bacon-signed.zip

8. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

Thank you for your suggestion, But the real issue is getting the phone to boot to Fastboot, Its not working.
    But Somehow, I managed to boot it to TWRP

OBiW4NSHiNOBi likes this.
  9. Mykson

Mykson , Oct 7, 2017 :
    He can't boot into system.

10. Mykson

Mykson , Oct 7, 2017 :
    This describes your problem, written in this:

"Your phone will now (hopefully) reboot into system.

If you are still stuck, a factory wipe may be required. If you're now in this situation, it may be worth posting a comment before proceeding. It is rare that a reflash of ROM will not fix a soft-brick. You will be able to make a back up of your current data using either ADB tools or TWRP recovery. Let me know if you need to walk through this step.

After making a backup, do the following:

• Cyanogen recovery: Select Wipe and then swipe. Reboot.
    • TWRP recovery: Select Wipe data/factory reset. Reboot.

If you're still stuck after this step, unfortunately this may be indicative of a greater problem (hardware). You can try the following steps, but there is no guarantee these will help you further."

Try to go through the rest of the guide (again).

sathis232 likes this.
  11. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

Thank you for your help Mykson, but still no luck.

Stuck in TWRP 3.1.1-0 bootloop

Tryed using the command "dd: writing '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc':" getting error message as "No space left on device"

12. Mykson

Mykson , Oct 7, 2017 :
    Last suggestion: it's really a hardware problem because of the drop of the phone.
    Maybe @elanglois has an advice or explanation for this.

13. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 7, 2017

elanglois , Oct 7, 2017 :
    Fastboot isn't a separate option really. Fastboot is the bootloader which runs immediately when you power on the phone. Imagine it's like the PC BIOS.

Holding vol up on boot will tell the bootloader to not boot anything and wait for commands. This is like hitting DEL or F2 on your PC to get the BIOS configuration screen. Recovery mode is just one of the boot options. If you can get to recovery, your bootloader is intact. No bootloader is a hard brick.

It's common to have ADB problems with OnePlus One phones. I have a bunch of them that will communicate over fastboot but not adb in either the system or recovery. I haven't figured out why yet, but my work around is to just use an OTG cable.

Don't try writing random partitions with dd and never EVER try to replace the bootloader/fastboot. Fixing it can rather difficult unless you have a JTAG programmer hanging around.

What happens when you hold Vol Up and power on the phone?

A hardware issue or corrupt partition table are my two guesses right now. But if all the partitions show up in /dev then I'm thinking you could put ColorOS on a USB drive (seems to fix odd issues), flash it over OTG, and then install whatever you want over it.

sathis232 and Mykson like this.
  14. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2017

sathis232 , Oct 8, 2017 :
    I understand what you explained about fastboot. When I press and hold volup+Power button on startup, it boots to TWRP only.

In Adb devices, the phone is detected either as recovery or as sideload. It is not getting detected in fastboot devices.

But, I was able to make the PC detect phone as "Qualcomm HSloader and Qulcomm_BulkUSB"

Can you pls share the link to download ColorOS and instructions on how to flash it over OTG ?

15. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2017

@elanglois
    I have downloaded COS_2.0.13i.zip copied it to OTG drive.
    Wiped Cache,dalvik,system,data, rebooted.
    Mounted OTG, choose the COS file and installed.
    Rebooted the system, again back to TWRP screen.
    The only change I noticed was the oneplus logo in boot screen, previously it was white in colour, after color OS flash, it is in Red colour

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2017

elanglois , Oct 8, 2017 :
    You said you wiped the partitions. You need to format them. And not booting sounds like a boot.img (kernel) issue.

17. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2017

Possible help ...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/tool-oneplus-one-return-to-stock-t2970390

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/tool-oneplusrecovery-tool-v1-0-restore-t2991851

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unbrick-oneplus-one-t3013732

18. mshahmoo
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2017

mshahmoo , Oct 8, 2017 :
    Go to twrp, touch advanced, touch terminal, in the terminal write: reboot bootloader.

19. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2017

FYI. You can customize that screen [e]1f603[/e]

20. sathis232
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2017

Thank you everyone for your help...
    Thank you @elaglois @Mkyson

I have managed to install lineage-14.1-20171002-nightly-bacon-signed and was able to boot into the system.
    It seems to boot in Safemode. It says Safemode on left bottom corner.