Oneplus One coverage (Norway) / Force 3G/4G

1. locazor
    Donut Aug 20, 2014

locazor , Aug 20, 2014 :
    I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical that the Oneplus One did not ship with LTE band 20 support. However, I was willing to give it a try. I know that Norway is not a launch country, but it has similar network support as for instance Sweden and Denmark. So far, coverage has been a real downside for me, and I'm thinking if it's a dealbreaker for me or not. I reckoned that 3G coverage would be good enough, but compared to my Samsung Galaxy S-4 (I-9505), my Oneplus One often falls down to edge coverage. This is completely unacceptable to me, and I'm thinking of selling the phone. Before I do this, I would like to try to force my OnePlus One to use 3G/4G only, to see if this alleviates my situation. Is there any way of doing this?

2. pseek33
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2014

pseek33 , Sep 9, 2014 :
    Hi there. Norway user here in SVG on NetCom. I can confirm that the phone does not pick up LTE, even though I have confirms from both NetCom twitter and on phone that the phone should work. Have you gotten LTE to work?

To force antenna changes dial this and go to Phone Information: *#*#4636#*#*

There you can play with all the different settings. I have found being on LTE/WCDMA improves my H+ coverage, but no LTE.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

3. luckyfmj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2014

luckyfmj , Sep 9, 2014 :
    man, it s *#*#4636#*#*

4. pseek33
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2014

5. luckyfmj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2014

6. Benjanz
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2014

7. roy_bergen
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2014

roy_bergen , Sep 26, 2014 :
    I live in Bergen - my OPO is on its way by personal carrier :) from Denmark in a few days. Do I need to change any settings to get LTE to work? Telenor coverage.

8. Singam
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2015

Singam , Oct 20, 2015 :
    Hi, I have some problem with my phone, pretty annoying

A friend of mine have rooted my phone so it save more battery, but with time I did not like the software and wanted it back to org. I dont know if i messed up something doing the root, but later i got help from him again and finally i got Android 5.0.2 Oxygen version 1.0.0.

With this new software i got some small issues thats annoying the daily use.

1. The screen wont turn off doing call, so i have to power off the screen with the on/off button.

2. Doing Whatsapp call the screen wont really react to my touch, and if i by misstake turned off the screen I have to wait until the other person dont answer or hang up, i dont have control of that.

3. the most annoying one - My network keep come and go, each time i have to manually select 2g, 3g or 4g. I feel that on 2g is more stable then on 4g.

I have tried *#*#4636#*#* but dont have any clue on what i should select, i have tried some random, but dont know which band my network goes on, and in the shop they dont know either.

I am living in Denmark using TDC and having OnePlus One 64 gb.

Really hope someone can help me out there, i am even considering buying a simple Nokia phone without anything, just a phone thats work.

9. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2015

BassVity , Oct 20, 2015 :
    Since you are rooted, if you'll be able to flash the new OPO Firmware. I guess it'll help.

10. Singam
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2015

Singam , Oct 20, 2015 :
    Hi BassVity, do u have a link to find the new OPO firmware, and is it easy, something a first time Android user can do?