Oneplus one delayed...

1. mynews
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2014

mynews , Jun 11, 2014 :
    OP translation = Hi guys/gals, I'm new here and have no idea how to use the search function....

2. scwei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2014

scwei , Jun 11, 2014 :
    there are many more articles on this saying it's still delayed for many reasons.

3. fksgs2
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2014

fksgs2 , Jun 11, 2014 :
    I never give up and i don't leave!

4. amjad_2020
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2014

5. ob07
    Donut Jun 11, 2014

ob07 , Jun 11, 2014 :
    had no idea.. just read another forum which says it has been fixed (according to tech radar)

6. Malicaly
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

Malicaly , Jun 16, 2014 :
    @Carl @Jerry @Emmanuel @David S. @Pete

Hey guys and gals,

I'm sure you all know about the delays that have been recently announced but here's my two cents (Also I'd love for you to share your views or ideas in this thread with regard to how the experience and process could possibly be improved!)

What bothers me the most about the recent delays is that OP just announce briefly that the One has been pushed back instead of giving us a specific reason as to why, at least tell us what the problem is OP, you might be surprised maybe your community could help speed things up or help out in some way? :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

7. lmfao
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2014

hunter0389 likes this.
  8. Malicaly
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

9. ramendomo
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

ramendomo , Jun 16, 2014 :
    There isn't anything OP can do if it hits delays in production or software. Throwing extra money at them won't speed things up if they hit unexpected bumps on the road. Delays will happen to any company trying to release a product. Look at Samsung, LG, Sony and etc. They've all had delays in production and etc and they're all multi-billion companies with almost unlimited resources.

10. Malicaly
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

@ramendomo
    That's a good point in terms of software delays but in terms of production delays I believe an extra bit of capital couldn't go too far astray to speed up manufacturing! You see we don't know the true extent of these delays and what the exact cause is and that is one thing I think OP needs to clarify and communicate with it's customers.

11. docwon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2014

docwon , Jun 16, 2014 :
    You got to be kidding. How about $0 additional - that would be my vote.

12. KratosPS
    KitKat Jun 16, 2014

KratosPS , Jun 16, 2014 :
    I'm not even sure I want to give them the price of the phone anymore. Why would I give them more money?

13. josephdomingue
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

14. ramendomo
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

With any start up. The demand for their first products are going to be high. Especially if the product is getting so much hype and attention due to this whole invite system. I suspect most part of the delay is because they just don't have enough manufacturing power to pump out enough units to meet the demand when they actually do release the phone to the mass. They rather hold out and have enough units on hand when released so that everyone that pre-orders can get one. I also think the whole invite system is literally just a marketing stunt. They want a few units out in the market so their product can be spread by word of mouth/Social media marketing.

Malicaly likes this.
  15. Malicaly
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2014

16. ramendomo
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2014

Product sale expectancy is really hard to judge since anything can happen between the time the product managers releases sales expectations and the actual demand of the product. A pretty good example is Nintendo and the Wii. Nintendo never dreamed that the Wii would match and basically destroy the demand for their gaming console. It was so much for them to comprehend that they had trouble producing enough consoles to meet the demand of the public and started releasing a few batches here and there to make the people happy which I thought was a bad move in my opinion. Things like this happens, to company small and large.

Any company admitting that they can't fulfill the demand for basically their only product will look bad for investors when they actually become a real company. You don't want a tract record of promising things you can't live up to. Although that's what it seems right now, you just don't want to admit it. You do your best and keep quiet as best as possible and keep working on releasing your product.

This is just from my point. I've worked with 3 different start up companies and this is basically what I see when a start up company launches it's first product. In my experience, the launch never goes according to plan and it always gets delayed by one thing or another. There's more to it but no company is perfect, especially a start up.

17. Pzyko
    Froyo Jun 21, 2014

remedy likes this.
  18. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2014

19. GrzegorzKott
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2014

20. johnwillyums
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2014

johnwillyums , Jun 21, 2014 :
    In a word, yes. The EU regulation on safety are strictly adhered to. The CE mark is self certification, and it means your product meets the EU minimum safety requirement.
    If the device subsequently proves unsafe, it would be thoroughly tested. The vendor, importer and reseller would all be liable. Massive compensation claims might arise.
    In the past there have been problems with unsafe children's toys, and electronic devices. Also numbers of faked brand name goods, from far Eastern sources.
    Customs would have given a small import from an unknown company plenty of attention.
    So somebody on the design side dropped the ball.

Pzyko likes this.