OnePlus One Father's Day Giveaway!

1. Charles C.
    Social Media Staff Member Jun 21, 2020

Charles C. , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Father.png
    Hi friends,

Today is Father's Day and in honor of fathers everywhere we want to give away the daddy of OnePlus smartphones, the one that started it all, the OnePlus One!

For the chance to win, all you have to do is Like and Retweet the Father's Day post on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/oneplus/status/1274537526573719552

If you win: use it, keep it as a memento, or give it to your dad! The choice is yours.

As for the device, how does this sound?

Sandstone Black
    64 GB Storage
    3 GB RAM
    OxygenOS 1.0.3

Enough about the (impressive) specs. Let's focus on the emotional connection...

I spoke to two OG OnePlus employees to get their feelings from around the time the OnePlus One launched. Here's what they told me:

"It was like having a kid, our very first born product... haha. Now in all seriousness, what I remember is that we worked night and day for a few months ahead of the launch. It was very hard and there was a lot of uncertainity. It was our very first product, we didn't know if it was gonna work or flop but once we finished the keynote, almost immediately we realized that it was gonna be a hit. So I felt like a big weight was lifted from my shoulders and we had made the right choices over the past few months leading to the launch."
    --- David, Web Operations Director

"It was a frenetic and exhilarating time fuelled by big dreams, small budgets and impossible deadlines; I was hiring, setting up websites and doing communications on top of my marketing duties. I still think the OnePlus One's sandstone finish is the best!"
    ---
    Mingyu, Security Engineer

What are your thoughts and feelings from around that time? Share in the comments and let's get teary-eyed together. The videos below might help cast your mind back to 2014 :)

And now onto the thankfully simple giveaway T&Cs:

1. We had to do a lot of searching and asking around to get this device. This isn't a brand new OnePlus One, please bear in mind the device shows some wear and tear and we don't have the original box.
    2. There is no warranty or after sales service available for this device. It is fully operational but we count on your understanding that we can't offer assistance or repair it afterwards - it's about the sentimental value.
    3. Winner will be chosen at random and contacted on Friday via Twitter DM (6/26).
    4. Winner will be announced on Twitter on Monday (6/29).

2. OmarRolon
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2020

Starcommander and G_plusone like this.
  3. mahtab1900
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2020

Creaco and G_plusone like this.
  4. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 21, 2020 :
    I never could get the invite, hope this time my luck shines🔥🔥
    Always hyped for this one😉

MosheG1, buntycubal, script and 4 others like this.
  6. juan_rodriguez89
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  7. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jun 21, 2020

buntycubal, script, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  9. Mellouk mourad
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  10. Mellouk mourad
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.

G_plusone likes this.
  12. G_Ajay_Pandey_
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  13. tabooxchanz
    Donut Jun 21, 2020

tabooxchanz , Jun 21, 2020 :
    I remember I fell in love with the phone instantly and mkbhd did such a great review on it I was pretty much sold, it was my dream phone, when I got the invite to buy it, my mom and dad came together and gifted it to me, I've been team OnePlus ever since. #neversettle

Helder_DAlmeida and G_plusone like this.

15. egybecks
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  16. Yotka_CM
    Donut Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  17. Mr.Drac
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

Mr.Drac , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Oneplus 1 is the only oneplus, I never used, because we are not in America or Europe, in my country, oneplus is very expensive and oneplus 1 never came. ( 8 pro is more than 2000 usd (equals to), aslo there is no any warranty) (now using 7t pro bcz 8 pro still not selling in my country)

19. NaughtyDescent
    Eclair Jun 21, 2020

G_plusone likes this.