OnePlus One - Feature Freeze and Prototyping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2014

Noel, Feb 25, 2014 :
    I'll gladly volunteer my services as a beta tester here in Ireland :) can't wait for the new device

script and Chinda like this.
  2. Tiger74 Gingerbread Feb 25, 2014

Tiger74, Feb 25, 2014 :
    IIIhhhhhAAAAAhhhhh, these are great news.
    So in a couples of weeks the beta model will be ready to full burning tests!!!
    I can only expect has many here, to be one of the first users and continue to help improving models, to be the ONE singular model that everyONE want to have.

All the best!

Emmanuel likes this.
  3. S.V.D. Cupcake Feb 25, 2014

S.V.D., Feb 25, 2014 :
    Great news! Have read news about MWC 2014 and saw technological stagnation. New features are added just to be added. We barely can use old CPU's with 70% of their power and we already have new ones. So, I sincerely wish to see something fresh from you. Don't be afraid to experiment.

dunkelwichtel, adlibitum and Noel like this.
  4. bwells88 Honeycomb Feb 26, 2014

bwells88, Feb 26, 2014 :
    I'll climb on board and be a beta tester for Western Canada!... I'll even pay for the device... Haha.... Getting excited now that the cell seems close now...
    8)

Noel likes this.
  5. muddy46 Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2014

muddy46, Feb 26, 2014 :
    Mid December I was ready to purchase a new phone when I heard about this company. I held off eagerly awaiting to see what emerges...so far all sounds great and am very excited to learn more about OnePlus products.

Dear OnePlus,
    Please reserve one for me out here in Lehigh Valley, Pa USA. I would love to Beta-test out here on the East Coast!

script and Emmanuel like this.
  6. Paul Gingerbread Feb 26, 2014

Paul, Feb 26, 2014 :
    @evleaks ?, did you guys sent him the picture...

Or he punched the delivery man and took a photo.. (no prize for a guess :p)

7. nguser KitKat Feb 26, 2014

8. ved prakash Honeycomb Feb 26, 2014

ved prakash, Feb 26, 2014 :
    hey the new update from Pete leu that it will cost less than 400 usd, just promise tht u have incorporated our suggestions and and .... bring it !!! hell yeah !!!! ... i will buy one even i need to use all my savings....

by the way i dnt have any problems with beta testing too ... hope u r still listening one plus ;-) ....

Adam Krisko and Chinda like this.
  9. Vivek Eclair Feb 26, 2014

Vivek, Feb 26, 2014 :
    Very excited about OnePlus! I'd be love to be one of the beta tester, checking in from India.

10. Luka Froyo Feb 26, 2014

Luka, Feb 26, 2014 :
    Whole lot of people want to beta test. You all know that they need to make some money in the process :D

Chinda likes this.
  11. ved prakash Honeycomb Feb 26, 2014

ved prakash, Feb 26, 2014 :
    hey vivek i think they will have most no. of beta tester from India if they really listen to us ;-)

12. Jaice Joy Skaria Gingerbread Feb 26, 2014

13. invotis Froyo Feb 26, 2014

invotis, Feb 26, 2014 :
    Wow ... I am surprised by the speed with which the development of the prototype A0001 was conducted, very impressive!
    Exciting for us users, knowing that Pete Lau has just released the final price of the smartphone, about 400$ for sure! as the last Google Nexus, and close to what the majority of forum members wished.
    Great news!
    The great thing would be to go through the book of genesis of the device, a sort of making of, it would be really nice to see behind the scenes, and all the actors at work, from sketch to the factory.

GregOrevo, Andrew Z and Emmanuel like this.
  14. Paul Gingerbread Feb 27, 2014

Paul, Feb 27, 2014 :
    Only 2 end product companies I look for design and execution, Nokia and Apple.

Given the specs and hints, 1+1 will be using the next iteration of design elements, currently under consideration by most of mainstream company. If they can pull-off this massive feat, the half of the marketing will be a done thing.

As Pete told earlier, the price will be competitive, I am very eager to know who's burning all the cash behind the curtain :).

GregOrevo, Andrew Z and Emmanuel like this.
  15. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Feb 27, 2014

16. Koriel Gingerbread Feb 27, 2014

Koriel, Feb 27, 2014 :
    I am looking for a replacement for my phone as my contract runs out in July/august.

I have a few features that I'd like to see in my new device. That's why I'm looking around. I'm currently on my 5th android phone and I know exactly what I want. Unfortunately what I want is not what's available right now. I am hoping that OnePlus might meet all my requirements.

What I don't understand at all is the response from the people on this forum. Everybody is going nuts about this phone and nobody knows anything about it!

Ok, yes Cyanogen will do the software ( Excellent choice, loved it since my HTC Hero ), but...
    • SOC?
    • MicroSD card support?
    • Camera?
    • RAM?
    • Screensize?
    • Screenresolution?
    • Hardware or Software buttons?
    • How long will the phone software be supported? (Baaad experience with the LG 2x)
    There are so many unknowns that for now, apart from this post, I'll keep quiet and monitor actual news about this phone.

17. script Nougat Moderator Feb 27, 2014

script, Feb 27, 2014 :
    One+ is the new apple...
    :)

18. Jose_Manuel Cupcake Feb 27, 2014

Jose_Manuel, Feb 27, 2014 :
    I've read the 4G bands that this mobile will have, I think it's not enough:

For example you can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks that there are more bands that are necessary in Europe, for example band 20 (800 Mhz) will be used in Spain soon and it's quite common in UK. At least 3 bands more: 20-42-43. The bands 42-43 use the other standard (TDD) then I can not say that are necessary.
    Nexus 5 has the following bands: 1/2/3/5/7/8/20 (obviously it's not enough), it has 4 bands (2,5,8 and 20) that OnePlus doesn't have.

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014

19. Vivek Eclair Feb 28, 2014

Vivek, Feb 28, 2014 :
    Haha, it's a potentially big market. Proportionate to the numbers I say..;)

ved prakash likes this.
  20. Paul Gingerbread Feb 28, 2014

Paul, Feb 28, 2014 :
    Only thanks? We are not going to settle with thanks! :D
    #NeverSettle

Emmanuel likes this.