Oneplus One H/H+

1. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

michaelangelo1 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me... I've had my phone for possibly close to a year and since the beginning... I've always had H/H+ as a Mobile Data connection... I mean it's decent but with the provider I'm using (Metro PCS) I'm currently paying for an unlimited plan... which includes 4g/LTE... software issue? Phone hardware issue? Some help would be great... or insights... thanks in advance everyone!

Screenshot_2015-08-14-11-30-20.png Screenshot_2015-08-14-11-30-53.png

2. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Aug 14, 2015

TeamValor91 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Did you check your APN settings? Did you buy the device from OnePlus or a 3rd party retailer?

michaelangelo1 and firoz like this.
  3. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

Screenshot_2015-08-14-11-42-08.png
    There's my apn settings anything other then the metro pcs one doesn't work. And I actually got it from Amazon (there oneplus page on there)

4. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Aug 14, 2015

TeamValor91 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    When did you get it and does it have the Cyanogen logo on the back?

michaelangelo1 likes this.
  5. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

Ummm I got this phone around November or December of 2014... and no it didn't come with the CM logo on the back of the device it also didn't come with CM isltself... I had to flash it on there.

6. WA_Bob
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

7. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

So
    buying any oneplus device outside of there website isn't the best and brightest idea's someone can make... given the situations... but it does seem like I've gotten the Chinese version of the phone... which didn't come with stock CM/CM logo on the back of the phone/and no LTE capabilities.. blah this sucks... I mean the phone is great so far, haven't had any issues with it other then a few random restarts (before I put CM on the phone) pretty much flawless since then... but alright... I guess that answers my questions... thanks so much guys!

8. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

9. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Aug 14, 2015

Baymax , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Sorry bud, you pretty much got a phone that won't have LTE in the USA.

michaelangelo1 likes this.
  10. michaelangelo1
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

That sucks nuggets ... blah alright... thanks again for the quick responses guys.

11. dnblds
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

dnblds , Nov 22, 2018 :
    Spent several hours between last night and today on the phone to AT&T to resolve the issue with H+ servive, then went to the store near my son's house in NJ and got a new SIM card, still had the problem. The rep I called from the store said that he checked the phone by model number and product name and said it should be 4g or 4g lte Did the Ookla speed test at about 6.7 Mbps. I also read what others said about AT&T not recognizing the OnePlus 6t so they limit the phone to H+. I got the call escalated higher and the person said that a phone not certified and sold by them could not be guaranteed to be on 4g network but H+ is very close, although it is 3g technology. she said unlocked phone's will never show 4g or 4g lte but they check the settings and optimize them to get the H+. She said H+ was very close to 4g and J was doing well to have it. H on the other hand was slower 3g. She said 4g was 4 to 40 Mbps. Well I tested at 7 to 11 Mbps
    I had a unique opportunity to test the 4g lte TMobile speeds as that is what my son had. we both had the same phone OnePlus 6t with 8 G RAM and 128 G storage. we tested about the same time in the same place. He had over 32Mbps of data I had less than 4. Other times we were closer. But overall it was much faster. H+ is a early form of 4g. the Ookla speed test always showed my phone had the 3g network. very disappointed with AT&T for that. Will try my luck with Verizon again, since OnePlus 6t is certified there I hope they won't limit my data speed because I didn't buy a phone there.