2. Johan2
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2015

Johan2 , Dec 30, 2015 :
    Bump.

roadrunner4spd likes this.
  3. jaffori
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2016

jaffori , Jan 3, 2016 :
    So I did everything as the guide said and I don't think that it worked. When I try to launch a app that can only be used when rooted the app doesn't work. I've tried with multiple apps and nothing.

4. boneyarsebogman
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2016

boneyarsebogman , Jan 5, 2016 :
    I would just like to point out that the line

Once the flash has completed, Don't use the "Fastboot Reboot" Command Instead Unplug Your phone then Manually turn it off by pressing and holding power button until it switches off. Now to enter your newly installed custom recovery, hold volume down + power. The phone should boot into recovery mode. Now that you have a custom recovery, you may continue to the final step.

Didn't work for me. What solved it was holding down VOLUME DOWN, then doing Fastboot reboot, and keeping this held down until after the OnePlus logo vanished. I was able to successfully boot into TWRP as opposed to Cyanogen Recovery, where I was booting into the latter when I followed the guide.

However everything else worked!

5. _ZeD_
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

_ZeD_ , Jan 8, 2016 :
    Hi.
    I own a one plus X. I would like to create a new radio app for my phone. AFAIK there is no FM radio library in the vanilla android SDK from google. Do exists a oneplus radio "sdk" I can use?

6. Cyberdouble
    Donut Jan 8, 2016

7. dominik1970
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

dominik1970 , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Fantastical Guide to destroy your Windows Installation by downloading this "essential tool pack" from post 1 which is nothing else but a collection of viruses and malware !
    Really cool... I trusted this guide and now I can reformat my Harddisk !

8. Pabfab
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2016

Pabfab , Jan 10, 2016 :
    What recovery file that was downloaded when? I could not see it mentioned in any previous step

9. Pabfab
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2016

Pabfab , Jan 10, 2016 :
    Are you sure this is the best way? YouTube is full with tutorials that seem to me a lot simpler and much. much, much quicker.

10. Khader1
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2016

Khader1 , Jan 17, 2016 :
    Yes it works.

I just rooted my OPO running on 5.1.1 / COS 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2K1

(Note: I already had minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my PC; so I did not do any ADB & Fastboot Installation from this thread)

11. alexandrug
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2016

alexandrug , Jan 17, 2016 :
    I followed the steps from post one. I deleted the recovery, installed twrp and now my phone won't boot up. If i wan't to boot it into recovery it will stay stuck on the one plus logo. else it will stay stuck on the cyanogen logo...
    I am really frustrated. i've tried everything on this forum(diferent versions of twrp; fastboot reboot; unplug from pc then reboot via power and volume down) and what i found on youtube(delete cache; delete recovery; install recovery) on the oneplus exclusive channel. now i can't use my damn phone.
    Please help me...

12. adrek
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2016

adrek , Jan 21, 2016 :
    What happens if I run the command to unlock a bootloader that's already unlocked?

13. Reem.yarkoni
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2016

Reem.yarkoni , Jan 22, 2016 :
    I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader. The unlocking itself goes suspiciously fast and after I reboot I see that nothing happened, the phone is not whipped.

14. Deactivated User
    Jan 26, 2016

15. Azor9
    Eclair Jan 26, 2016

Azor9 , Jan 26, 2016 :
    Thanks for this nice job!

I would like to root my One after 1 year of use.

May i ask if this will still work today with my Cyanogen OS version 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2K1 and android version 5.1.1?? It gets done the same way smoothly?

16. ZosoRocks
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2016

ZosoRocks , Jan 29, 2016 :
    So, totally stuck here, when I try to boot into TWRP directly after flashing it by pressing volume down and power, I end up stuck on the oneplus powered by android screen with no movement from there,. Any advice/help?

17. 1681satya
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2016

1681satya , Jan 29, 2016 :
    After Booting the phone in recovery mode placing of the zip file isnt being success can any body help please
    Thanks in advance.

18. CyanMatter
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2016

CyanMatter , Jan 30, 2016 :
    There's no such option called 'Update recovery with system updates' in developer's options. Is there any way around this?

19. siemeke
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2016

siemeke , Jan 31, 2016 :
    please help, i can't root my opo. i did everything i had to do and after i flash twrp recovery and try to boot into it it keeps booting into stock recovery, is there any way to delete the stock recovery to force my opo to boot into twrp? please help me....

20. winstonsmith
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2016

winstonsmith , Feb 1, 2016 :
    Do not delete anything before flashing, that could really ruin your evening, leaving you with a ****** up phone and you have to flash entire rom with fastboot... I flashed 2.8.7.0.5 materialized on my wife's phone today with no issue...