OnePlus One in Switzerland

1. kitano
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2014

kitano , Apr 14, 2014 :
    hey everybody...

Just got the HTC One M8...but if the OnePlus One will be as great as it looks right now... I will have to buy one :)

Any information about sales in Switzerland?

Thx for the help!

Kitano

Ale likes this.
  2. Ale
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2014

Ale , Apr 14, 2014 :
    I hope soon but I don't think.

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplusone-release-countries.914/

Here you can see the first 16 countries where it'll be sold.
    The list isn't completed but there are Sweden and then Tawian and since they are in alphabetical order there isn't "alphabetic space" for Switzerland so I think it won't be among the first 16.

3. PowerPlayer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2014

4. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 14, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 14, 2014 :
    That's not gonna happen, pal. Switzerland was supposed to fit in right after Sweden but obviously Taiwan got that spot.

Now one thing remains unknown, namely the meaning of that list that's being revealed right now. Maybe it just means that the OPO won't be available in Swiss stores or that they haven't found a carrier to distribute the device. Then of course worldwide shipping should be available meaning you can have it delivered to your Swiss doorstep.

On the other hand if that list shows us the countries that the OPO is shipped (at least in the beginning) to it's another story. Not being part of the European Union means that there are going to be a lot of complications regarding shipping and taxes for the devices meaning that Switzerland won't get OPOs anytime soon.

Or maybe just move to Austria or Germany :)

5. PowerPlayer

PowerPlayer , Apr 14, 2014 :
    Germany is a great choice :D

6. Ale
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2014

Ale , Apr 14, 2014 :
    I live in Ticino so I have to hope for Italy..

I think that they are only the first countries then I hope it'll be shipped worldwide. I don't think that ship worldwide it'll be a problem.

seyyedab likes this.
  7. Ale
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2014

Ale , Apr 14, 2014 :
    OPO won't be sold from store and with carriers but only online.

8. Jakub Smolar

Ale likes this.
  9. furtado
    Gingerbread May 21, 2014

furtado , May 21, 2014 :
    Thanks for the link to a German address. That's a good solution until the one plus one comes out in Switzerland!

10. Saiba
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2014

Saiba , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Well, does it work really? I mean if there are no charges like tax and fees, well it will work.
    But it's known that delivery companys sometimes don't know that OnePlus alread paid the fees, which means they will charge the duty taxes again.
    What happens in this situation? Will the company with the alternative address pay the taxes and charge me? Or will they decline the parcel?

Kinda risky since you're paying 300 or 350$ + shipping and you're not really sure if it will work with an alternative address.

If it's done correctly by the delivery company, well this approach will work fine.But what will happen with the parcel if the duty fares are going to be charged?

11. temiatwork
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

12. seyyedab
    Donut Nov 29, 2014

seyyedab , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Hi guy. I live in Ticino too. Did u manage to get ur Oneplus?

13. Ashishgaur5
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2015

Ashishgaur5 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    I got it..only I need to give a address of my cousin in Germany and then he sent it to me. ( total cost = 321 mobile I paid online + 40 he paid to DHL + 25 I paid when receiving = 386CHF) for 64 gb. However you can get it from digitac for 499 CHF.

14. Fintan
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2015

Fintan , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Digitac or digitec? I cannot find any onoplus for switzerlant any where and do not have a cousin in DE. any ideas?

15. Y. Schmoutz
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015