Oneplus One is starting to lose potential buyers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014

zaryab, dhruv1997, frogie147 and 64 others like this.
  2. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

Rekcus, DarkAlkamist, STP and 16 others like this.
  3. Wouter
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

Wouter , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Just ordered a phone from the smash list. Maybe next year a Oneplus two?

I wish Oneplus the best for the future, but not with smashing phones

zaryab, itayd100, RensBlom and 22 others like this.
  4. forgotten
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

forgotten , Apr 26, 2014 :
    a big part of the pie will be lost untill they have full production it is as i say tech is like chess a wrong move you loose the game

5. BeatrixKiddo
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2014

BeatrixKiddo , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I absolutely agree. Having to smash your phone is indeed idiotic.

I know enough and I will NOT buy a phone from this kind of company, on invitation or not.

Bye!

Rekcus, STP, sergigenevat and 11 others like this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2014

Rekcus, sergigenevat, fksgs2 and 2 others like this.
  7. SHINR4
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

SHINR4 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    This kind of comment I do not like it at all.

they sent out a strong signal to other phone manufacturers and to consumers, to have a good phone does not necessarily have to shell out $ 700

but people like you who continue to think this way deserve to spend that amount.

Open your mind and eyes people.

8. win465
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

win465 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Maybe they didnt think it was going to be this popular of a phone but when they realized it is they had to think of a strategy to stall a little so they can make more phones lol. just taking a guess at it

evilmititis and sergigenevat like this.
  9. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

Japultra , Apr 26, 2014 :
    To be honest, it doesn't take an MBA in order to realise that if you introduce an excellent product at a disruptive price point, it will sell in very large quantities. The Nexus 4/5 sold fairly well. The OPO comes in at a price point even lower than that. They could have used Nexus numbers as a frame of reference. It wasn't as if they were lacking PR before the announcement. There was already a lot of hype.

rs1, script101, sergigenevat and 12 others like this.
  10. Wouter
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

Wouter , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Calling it a no name company is not nice but because the size the company the prices can be this low. Big companies have shareholders and they want to earn money.

Compare a HTC one m8 with a Samsung s5, about the same price, but HTC has much more premium feel. Prices are ridiculous for some plastic phones.

sergigenevat and Melvin Joosten like this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2014

sergigenevat and Gary like this.
  12. Edu
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

Edu , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Every opinion is respectable, and I do not really like this action of breaking mobiles , but they have their plans and I respect their opinion as yours ..... Anyway I look for my interest, and I am interested and I'll buy it no doubt

13. Toshax
    Donut Apr 26, 2014

Toshax , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Completely agree. Because only an idiot who has the opportunity to buy top-end smartphone, would be to destroy it for the sake of your phone for 300 to 400$. Guys do You think that those who have the top, are looking towards cheaper Chinese shit? Doubt. Selection of models in the test disappointed even more after all. I don't want to call Your company and will continue to use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. You before you run such competitions should make a survey available at the hands of the visitors brands of phones. Just ridiculous. Your marketing failure, each week, wishing there will be less because You will not be able to manufacture to ensure the release of such production volume. I will save for the top-end smartphone HTC One (M8), Sony, Nexus 6

14. Ryan
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

Ryan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    This could have been added to any of the previous rant threads regarding the recent contest or regarding disappointment in the product... Please dont just create a thread for the sake of creating one.

15. willjammer
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

willjammer , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Wow...what did you have for breakfast this morning?

16. sexibwoy
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

sexibwoy , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out... Oh wait.. maybe it should and knock some sense into you. Look at the features you're getting for the money. OPO isn't the loser here, you are... Peace !

17. Gery S.
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

Gery S. , Apr 26, 2014 :
    When this phone will be available for everyone it'll be outdated. Maybe the Nexus 6 with great Stock Android will be available then.
    It will cost only a little more, will have better specs and it will buyable for everyone around the world!

18. koyanisqatsi
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2014

koyanisqatsi , Apr 26, 2014 :
    In general I agree with most of the posts, as 'smashing phones' as a kind of an event is just for kiddies or people that also would take photographs from accidents and bleeding people to load it up on youtube or whatever. The only positive thing to identify with is, that this phone 'probably' takes adequate position towards the 'fruit connection' and the 'Asian plastic bombers'. Therefore I really was excited to hear from OnePlus, but with these actions they definitely kick out the 'serious users', the remaining ones are finally not the sustainable and loyal customers who intent to hold a good product for years. For me personally a phone is not only a style question, but a question of price, quality and usability for more than onle 6 to 12 months.

19. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2014

sergigenevat, Gary, curious and 2 others like this.
  20. Deactivated User
    Apr 26, 2014