Oneplus One is starting to lose potential buyers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryeight
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

jerryeight , Apr 27, 2014 :
    The One Plus idea of gaining attention is not eco friendly. Creative ideas are great, but this does not advance the technological industry nor the environment. You have lost the revenue from all of my peers and I.

Gary and Deactivated User like this.
  2. sryan1987
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

3. jerryeight
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

They are a disgrace to their motto of Never Settle. Agreeing to directly contribute to e waste creation is settling and agreeing to submit to consumerism. Directly purchasing the One is to choose, but agreeing to smash your own phone is to submit and settle.

Gary, Maier Leo and Deactivated User like this.
  4. jerryeight
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

Emmanuel , Do you agree with with the creation of ewaste? I am not here to cause trouble nor discredit achievements of One Plus. I am simply trying to bring to light that we are in a society of users that are not aware of the impact caused by e waste. I love innovation and I am all for it. However please, please do not be adding to the e waste in the world. What will users do with the results of the "Smash the Past" contest? Are they to send it to your factories to properly dispose of the e waste or are we to leave it up to the users to decide the disposal of the waste? Please respond to the questions of the community.

Your company motto is to Never Settle and also to listen and do what ever the community would like to see as long as its possible. Will you offer certified Green and Eco Friendly e waste services for selected winners to properly dispose of e waste if there is enough support of the request from the community?

Gary likes this.
  5. Deactivated User
    Apr 27, 2014

6. disellusional
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

Maier Leo likes this.
  7. disellusional
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

disellusional , Apr 27, 2014 :
    They're fan boys what do you expect.

8. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I can't . It will be deleted silently

9. Deactivated User
    Apr 27, 2014

10. yfan
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

yfan , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Just curious: did you realize that the 1+1 is a "no name cheap product" before or after you "got the most excited" about it? As far as I know, neither the price nor the maker of the phone has changed between the time of the announcement and the opening of the contest. Why would you get so excited in the first place if you aren't into "no name cheap products"?

Look, I get it that your problem is that you can't order it right away. No instant gratification. Fine. But quit acting all butt hurt just because you can't have it right away/

timur.lander and heyria like this.
  11. jerryeight
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

12. heyria
    Froyo Apr 27, 2014

heyria , Apr 27, 2014 :

LMAO.

13. Deactivated User
    Apr 27, 2014

14. yfan
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

yfan , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Ha. I thought you made this thread because you were disappointed in the 1+1. Now you say you did it so you can be entertained by 1+1 fanboys. Well, whatever you say. Speaking for myself, I can think of a ton of better ways to entertain myself than whining in a forum - having a life, for one thing. Complaining in forums for entertainment... that's just sad.

heyria likes this.
  15. yfan
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

yfan , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Oh god. First, I'm not signing up for the Smash the Past contest because (a) I like my Nexus 5 enough not to destroy it, and (b) I think the contest itself is a dumb publicity stunt. That being said, I am not going to get all high and mighty about it. 1+ provides instructions for proper electronics recycling and disposal, and participants would be wise to follow those instructions in order to minimize any environmental impact.

heyria likes this.
  16. jerryeight
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

yfan, are you aware that simply participating in the promotion will cause environmental harm?

17. Deactivated User
    Apr 27, 2014

18. jayb222
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

19. yfan
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

yfan , Apr 27, 2014 :
    No it won't. Not when you consider what most people do with phones that get old and unusable anyway - throw them away without proper electronic disposal. You assume that all these devices that will be smashed in the contest would otherwise have been safely disposed. They wouldn't have been.

heyria likes this.
  20. heyria
    Froyo Apr 27, 2014

heyria , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Seems like there a few people who have already let it be known they're disillusioned with One+, brought their cash elsewhere but apparently will still hang around the forum to bash people for still wanting to wait to get the One+ One phone. Don't that beat all.

yfan likes this.