OnePlus One Losing GPS Signal

1. PuppetTheMuppet
    Donut Sep 13, 2016

PuppetTheMuppet , Sep 13, 2016 :
    Okay, so I have to deliver for a living so I pretty much depend on Google Maps or Waze. But since the past 2 updates (I think), both apps are CONSTANTLY losing GPS signal or connection, even with Location set on High Accuracy. Is anyone else having this issue? I would love for it to be a simple fix. Its becoming a nuisance and I will eventually upgrade to the 3, but for the time being, this is my only issue with the phone.

Thanks in advance.

OnePlus One

Android Version: 6.0.1

Cyanogen OS Version: 13.1.2

Kernel Version: 3.4.110

2. aravipistha
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2016

aravipistha , Sep 13, 2016 :
    From my experience, the stock COS GPS is quite terrible and I suspect it has to do with the firmware (check cyanogenmod jira).. There is an app called gpslock if i'm not wrong that can help with a short term fix in calibrating your GPS properly..

If you're looking at long term solution, then (a) hope Cyanogen fix this issue or (b) you can always flash a stable custom rom that doesnt have this issue (sultan's rom, cm nightlies, jgcaap cm13 are a few I've used that have better GPS than the official COs). Trust I was able to help!

Good luck

3. SOMEJERKK
    Froyo Sep 13, 2016

SOMEJERKK , Sep 13, 2016 :
    i am having gps issues since 12.1 update

i have used sultancm13, paranoid android 6.0.2 and cos 13.1 and nothing works ..
    i tried every firmware available and still nothing happens ... it gets a fix 3 out of 10 times and it takes a lot of time to get a fix

my device just dont get a fix no matter what .. and its preety annoying .. i am gna try oxygen os 3.1.0 and just hoping is solves the issue ...

if u find a solution do let me know

4. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Sep 13, 2016

5. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Sep 13, 2016

6. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2016

7. ApocalypZe
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2016

ApocalypZe , Sep 14, 2016 :
    I have been facing this problem from 8-10 months now. None of the CM updates have been able to solve this. Also I'm not tech savvy like you guys, so have no other option but to wait for an official update.

8. yregev
    Froyo Sep 14, 2016

9. G_Godfrey_H._vCHr
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2016

G_Godfrey_H._vCHr , Sep 30, 2016 :
    Careful before you upgrade to the 3. I just got a 3 and the GPS loses lock every few seconds, for a few seconds when on 3g/4g, but works perfectly on edge. At least on two 3's that I know of. Others report no problems.

10. dineshparashar
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2016

dineshparashar , Nov 26, 2016 :
    I think its a hardware issue in oneplus. Mine is not workign too.

11. ravisanghani111
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2016

12. ravisanghani111
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2016

13. PaulF8080
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2016

PaulF8080 , Nov 30, 2016 :
    I the problem where the GPS would lose the satellite lock and start looking for satellites over and over again. Over day after updating apps the GPS started working after months of headaches. So my theory is the GPS driver added some features and it took awhile for the apps to catch on. You can see which apps are using the GPS by looking at location services, I think.

14. S. Griffin
    Donut Dec 1, 2016

S. Griffin , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I experienced the same issue but I found a solution. Use the GPS status app to boost the lock of the phone. Then go into the battery optimization settings and take Google maps, GPS status app, and the location settings off the list to make them not optimized. Mine works perfectly and keeps a lock as long as the location settings are turned on.