OnePlus One Reviews (Users)

1. Jima330
    Froyo Sep 9, 2014

Jima330 , Sep 9, 2014 :
    I switched from an iphone to my One about a month ago and I have to say I'm thrilled. I have not had the problems people sometimes post like the yellow tint or battery issues. I charge daily but when I forget to, my One lasts almost 2 days with moderate use and 3 days with just phone calls and text. It's speedy and with the ability to set it up any way I like, it's efficient as well. I have been using CyanogenMod for a while now on my tablet so my familiarity and experience may make it easier for me than a novice. But give it a chance and learn all the things you can do with the OS. It really is outstanding. The hardware is great too. I love the size (not too big or too small for me). I gave my iphone to my son and had to help him with some issues and I couldn't believe I used to use that small screen. My only wish list item is more case options. I am a dropper (i will drop this phone someday I know it and anticipate it), so I need a case that protects the phone REALLY well. I have always used the Trident Aegis case. I don't think there is a better case that protects and is not huge or heavy. If I could have any case it would be the Trident. But until they make one I bought the Tudia Black with the Orley glass screen. Both went on without issue and I am happy with both. I see some of the bad reviews and I don't know if I am lucky or they are just unlucky. I only know this phone is everything OnePlus told me it would be and more. If and when I get invites to share I will force my friends and family to try the phone. If they don't like it I'll buy it from them, but I don't think they will want to sell. Thanks Guys, it's a wonderful product.

Trebormills likes this.
  2. Kopower
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2014

Kopower , Sep 9, 2014 :
    It took me about a week to get used to the size, but it's great. It would be tough to go back to a phone with a smaller screen now. The screen quality is clear, and sharp. The battery life is also very good. I can get about 4 1/2 hours of sot with moderate use. The is a bit of yellow banding on the bottom, but I don't even notice it, unless there is a completely white screen.

The speakers are loud, and I haven't experienced any touch sensitivity issues, even with a glass screen protector. I found a Pelosi case that has a similar coating as the rear cover of the one, which I like very much.

All in all, I've been happy with the purchase. I've yet to root it, but almost feel it is uneeded. There are a handful of tweaks that are available with cyanogen, that help with customizing the phone to one's liking. The best part of the one, is telling people that ask about the phone, that it's 64gb, and was only $360.

3. fmitaity
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2014

fmitaity , Sep 9, 2014 :
    Nice info thanks :) :) life it too short to not try 1+1, i will probably die before i get one any way :p

4. jeebus66
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2014

jeebus66 , Sep 9, 2014 :
    Hi, I'm thinking of either getting this or the S5, is there anyone who has tried both? Interested to know how they match up. Thanks!

5. HawaiiR
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2014

HawaiiR , Sep 9, 2014 :
    Yeah I'm getting the same error. Pretty annoying.

6. HawaiiR
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

HawaiiR , Sep 10, 2014 :
    So I finally got my phone in last week, and considering the amount of hype on the phone multiplied by the anticipation of getting it in after the nice 3 day weekend + 4 days of wait time between ordering and getting the "shipped" notification, I can honestly say that at first impression, my reaction was - "oh cool. it's big." ...but that's it.

Actually, I don't like the fact that it's as big as it is, but I blame myself for not checking out other phones in this size range. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Was I blown away by it? Nope, not by any means. Yes, the specs are better than most phones, but I don't know if it lives up to the hype of being this "AMAZING FLAGSHIP KILLER, BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!". Reminds me of the Star Wars prequels in the sense that "holy shit they're making star wars prequels" and then you actually go to watch it and think, "oh nice. the visuals were cool, jar jar binks was useless, and they should have had more darth maul" ... does that make sense?

Unlike the star wars prequels, I am hoping that I get to enjoy the phone more as time goes by. However, as of right now this is what I don't like:
    • not a huge fan of size, and I have big hands, mind you
    • volume & power buttons are badly configured (you can't really feel them) and they feel cheap and plasticky, like they're gonna break. they're so flush that half the time you can't even tell where they are - bad design by OPO.
    • not digging the sandstone back - also feels cheap. had it for less than a day and it looks like there are already a few dings/ticks on it. one week later and it seems like the corners are darkening.
    • overall the phone does NOT feel premium by any means. yes, it's better than samsung phones, but HTC and iPhone have a MUCH better feel to them, IMO. even my LG nexus 4 feels better in my hand. if I were to rank it via "premium" feel: iPhone > HTC > LG > OPO > Samsung
    • rather disappointing that the "flagship killer" can't have some of the key accessories ready to purchase, like a charging dock or the swap covers. perhaps if the phone lived up to the hype, i could try and get excited about waiting for the swap cover. on the contrary, i'm a bit annoyed that I can't try out a swap cover to replace this "premium" sandstone one.
    What I do like so far:
    • cyanogen - so far, ever so slightly better than stock android, and i've only ever run stock android. my fiance has to temporarily use a samsung galaxy until the iPhone 6 comes out, and good lord, the OS experience on there is sh*t.
    • speaker volume - much MUCH better than my nexus 4
    • packaging - now THIS was premium! they did a great job with the so called "unboxing experience". I just wish that carried through to the phone.
    • battery life - ok, so coming from my nexus 4, the battery life on this thing is fabulous
    • it's faster than my last phone, but then again, the N4 is 2 years old.
    • great bang for the buck. as far as value is concerned, you won't do better with a Samsung or HTC. is it worth waiting for the Nexus 6? Maybe; depends on what you're looking for.
    Will I keep it? Probably. Or maybe I'll root my nexus 4, run cyanogen, sell the OPO and apply the $$$ towards the iPhone 6. hmmmmm....

Could I have waited for better phone? Well, let's see how the iPhone6 turns out; I'm very interested in seeing what it's like in real life usage - screw what's on paper, because that's not always a good gauge of what a phone is like in your hands. The Nexus 6, from what I've read so far is not that interesting to me, mostly because of the proposed 6" screen; I'm not one of those people that enjoy carrying an iPad in the pocket.

Anyway, that is my first impression.
    Not a bad phone, but not a phone I'm gonna go around bragging about either.

My review is just my opinion. To those of you that are in love with the phone, I'm happy for you. Not to say I'm unhappy with mine, but I'm not as thrilled beyond belief that some of you are.

I suppose there's no harm in posting up a different point of view on this phone. I figure it might be of some use to people who are not entirely convinced that they want to buy one.

Cheers!

erezgur and xcel like this.
  7. ayk1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 10, 2014

ayk1982 , Sep 10, 2014 :
    You can still return the phone, i guess! There is 14 days return, no questions asked policy, i hear?

8. highwelder
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

highwelder , Sep 10, 2014 :
    I have bought an Iphone every other year and was awaiting the Iphone 6. After reading comparisons, I heard of the OPO and am always eager for a bargain. I do question the marketing technique, but am always open to new strategies. Would it be wise to buy an invite from E-bay? How is the return policy for the OPO? I have not seen any OPO stores in the same mall as the Apple store. Is it easy to get an invite and just requires a little patience? Thanks for all replies.

9. iloqin
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

iloqin , Sep 10, 2014 :
    First android phone here

I came from a couple of blackberries and then the iPhone 5 for a full 2 years and now the OPO.

I made the switch because I saw that Apple was going to release a bigger unit and I realized I missed messing and customizing stuff on my phone like I used to with the crackberries. In addition, I don't like the whole new "next" mobile phone plans, so I wanted to buy one out right and not pay some stupid monthly fee for the phone in which in the end I'm still "leasing" the phone til the full 2years.

I rooted it as soon as I got it, the first time I did I ended up with bugs, so I hard reset (factory wipe) and did it again. I was much better the second time through. Now when I play with my iPhone 5 it seems super small compared to the OPO. In any case, I like the sandstone feel and Cyanogen. I kept it mostly stock.

One gripe is the apps are somewhat of a puzzle to make iPhone's stock Mail app. A unified app, that can still has the ability to split and read one inbox from another. In addition, there are no other apps out there that offer such fluidity with all the features. I tried CloudMagic, then K9, then the stock 'mail' and the 'gmail' and I can't unify my work and still get the 'save as draft' feature when I want to switch off a current email I'm writing to read a new incoming message or view an older message.

So right now I use the gmail for my home address and the stock 'mail' for my work. Once CloudMagic creates a save draft feature that may be my go to app for full on email.

Greenify is a cool app for battery saving uses.

Swiftkey is nice too.

Probably would never turn back to apple with that iTunes crap.

Not crap talking Apple, but I didn't like having to go through iTunes for everything. More freedom with Android, but definitely not as simplistic either. Apple works for those who want a working phone, if you are into tinkering with your phone, than you definitely want an android.

10. Minhaj87
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2014

Minhaj87 , Sep 10, 2014 :

11. Harrislin
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

12. dperi72
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

13. madhanraj
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

14. knuspertante
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

15. sravan.puligilla
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2014

16. aladdin1978_2003
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2014

17. raghushridhar
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2014

18. iSw3de
    Eclair Sep 10, 2014

iSw3de , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Not a review, but a picture I took of the phone!
    Now I am hunting for another invite for my father!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

tobysyncope likes this.
  19. ssariyal
    Froyo Sep 10, 2014

ssariyal , Sep 10, 2014 :
    Are there any plans which allows OPO to have expandable memory?

20. Lastbluesun
    Eclair Sep 10, 2014

Lastbluesun , Sep 10, 2014 :
    All these reviews just make me wish I had this phone even more :,( I love how such great tech and such a thin form-factor can all be in one package for this sick price.