Battery/Charging

Oneplus one stuck in a bootloop unless I connect it to a charger

1. KrishPlusOne Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2017

KrishPlusOne, Feb 7, 2017 :
    Hey guys,

I have been using the phone for two and a half years now and was one of the early supporters. I have had no issue with my phone until now.

As the tile says, my phone is stuck in a bootloop. It started today and it does not get past the first logo screen (The one with the 1+ logo). But once I connect it to the charger, it boots perfectly and everything works fine. I am on stock COS13, the latest update and have not rooted the phone ever. If I remove it from the charger, it stays on sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. But once I manually reboot the phone, the bootloop begins again and I have no option but to connect it to the charger. I have tried a hard reset from cyanogen recovery but to no avail. The issue remains.

I have googled it and I think that the battery has gotten old and maybe faulty. I am totally ready to replace it but if someone has another solution, I am ready for it (Not too drastic, okay:sweatsmile:).

Thanks for reading and do give me suggestions!

2. praveen4u13 Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

praveen4u13, Mar 1, 2017 :
    Hi Pal, I am facing exactly same issue. Mine is ROOTED n TWRP backup device. I thought going back to old backup doest help as I know its not coz of software,
    Rest all conditions match as u said. What did u do to resole the issue. Pls let me know so that I can also follow.
    Thanks

KrishPlusOne likes this.
  3. KrishPlusOne Jelly Bean Mar 3, 2017

KrishPlusOne, Mar 3, 2017 :
    I got the battery replaced from an authorized service center. I'm guessing you're from India so you can go do the same. Costs around 1.6K INR. But beware it took around 3 weeks. I've heard it takes a lot less if you go to their experience showroom.

rubinjohny likes this.
  4. perdutoboy Froyo Mar 6, 2017

perdutoboy, Mar 6, 2017 :
    dang.. I was late to read your thread here..
    I got the same problem with you on my OP1..
    I was a bit panicked and when I chatted with the CS I agreed to do restore factory setting.
    And I think I've lost all my data :'(
    Now I'm rebooting (with the charger plugged in) and it's (un)fortunately working.. :')

thx for sharing

5. MohammadAsifKhan Cupcake Mar 30, 2017

MohammadAsifKhan, Mar 30, 2017 :
    i had this weird problem that whenever i connect to data, phone goes into boot loop. while on charging it used to work fine. now it is not working at all without the charger.

having same problem from 2 days and today service centre(bangalore) checked and told motherboard is gone and it will be replaced for 19k. will check for battery now.

6. MohammadAsifKhan Cupcake Apr 9, 2017

MohammadAsifKhan, Apr 9, 2017 :
    replaced my battery too and working fine now. Service center guy told motherboard is gone and it would cost me around 19k. They didnt even try to flash the OS. nothing they tested.

7. vammy Eclair Apr 15, 2017

vammy, Apr 15, 2017 :
    So did you get the motherboard also fixed or just the battery.

I am facing the same issue here and I am going to the service center to get a solution. No point spending 19K on the motherboard as it is an old horse now. :mad:

8. G_Ahmed_Telb Cupcake Apr 16, 2017

G_Ahmed_Telb, Apr 16, 2017 :
    Please do note that this will erase all the data on your phone. Please also note that this patch can fix most of the issues that you are facing on your phone right now, however it is only for ONEPLUS ONE GLOBAL VERSION 64GB.

** New drivers are included in this patch
    ** Some partitions of Color OS are flashed
    ** OS is updated to 38R
    ** fix for boot loop
    ** fix for random reboot
    ** fix for stuck at boot logo.
    ** some wifi and bluetooth fix.
    ** Some fix for Yellow Spots and GPS issues
    ** fix for Audio FX.
    and much more :)

This patch works for windows machine for now.

UPDATE:
    Link for Windows 7 and above : https://account.onepluscontent.com/downloads/tools/oneplus-one-reflash.zip

For MAC users please wait for a reply on the ticket.

Please download this zip and Read the "README!!!!.zip"

9. polinatrohit Cupcake Apr 26, 2017

polinatrohit, Apr 26, 2017 :
    My oneplus one struck on boot logo. oneplus one automatically it struck in bot logo and tried to recover with oneplus restore tool and msm8974 download tool but it is showing only oneplus logo.I even tried it with fastboot mode in fastboot mode I had typed fastboot oem unlock and in that it is showing device unlock false and device tampered true. What should I do now?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017

10. theapu Jelly Bean May 23, 2017

theapu, May 23, 2017 :
    Me too having the same issue. Seems like OnePlus one devices have some kind of kill switch to ruin it after 2.5 years. Quite a few number of people seems to have this issue all of a sudden.

WGaurav and rubinjohny like this.
  11. remedy KitKat May 24, 2017

remedy, May 24, 2017 :
    I replaced the battery after two years and mine is still fine now. Maybe delaying the battery replacement gives the motherboard issue.

Last edited: May 24, 2017

theapu likes this.
  12. theapu Jelly Bean May 26, 2017

theapu, May 26, 2017 :
    Visited the service center. They say OnePlus one spare parts production has been stopped and they can't replace battery. I have to buy battery from 3rd party sellers.

13. Sibu Cupcake May 26, 2017

Sibu, May 26, 2017 :
    I'm joining the club too, same issue, phone won't stay on reliably unless plugged into a charger capable of >1.5 A.

14. Sibu Cupcake May 26, 2017

Sibu, May 26, 2017 :
    Just now I did a disassembled the phone and the battery-pack. I cut the positive ribbon coming from the cell to the small PCB within the pack, kept it disconnected for a while and then put everything back together.
    Now the phone is working 'normally', if you consider 1% drop for every other minute is normal :).

15. rubinjohny Donut Jul 23, 2017

rubinjohny, Jul 23, 2017 :
    i too am facing this exact problem.. i will take the phone to a authorized service center tomorrow. i am from kerala,india.. assuming that the service center cannot help me.. where can i get a good battery replacement.

16. rubinjohny Donut Jul 23, 2017

what did you do to fix it?

17. rubinjohny Donut Jul 23, 2017

can you provide the location pls?

18. jorgrivera7 Cupcake Jul 23, 2017

19. arjmax1 Cupcake Aug 19, 2017

arjmax1, Aug 19, 2017 :
    Today is 20 August 2017 and I have also started facing the same issue from today. And it happened suddenly. If this is the quality of OnePlus, I will not be considering to get OnePlus again and I'm one who seriously loved OnePlus. Reading your comments I can understand that service centre won't have a solution they have stopped making parts and would give us an expensive solution which is of no use whereas this is one issue which OnePlus could have easily fixed if they cared, but they are not concerned.

20. arjanvlek Honeycomb Aug 21, 2017

arjanvlek, Aug 21, 2017 :
    You'll have to buy a new battery to get your device fixed.

remedy likes this.