Oneplus One Touch issue fix/solution MEGATHREAD. Your one stop shop for all of your touch

1. Majinferno
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2015

Majinferno , May 5, 2015 :
    Alright guys, I've been on this forum for quite some time and noticed we don't actually have a one stop shop for all the fixes related to the touch screen issue. This causes newer members to make duplicates and can lead to alot of grumpy people. Much like my upcoming battery guide, I aim to help spread education amongst the community so that everyone can have some idea of what to do. Here it goes.

FIX 1: Disabling ambient display & Off screen gestures
    I find this to be the easiest solution to recommend as it's something we all can do. Start of by hoping into your display & light settings and disabling ambient display. It seems to eliminate or at least lesson the ghost touch issue when typing. After this you'll want to hop into your gesture settings and disable all of those. I personally leave camera gesture on because it's actually a feature I enjoy, but It's recommend you disable all gestures.

Fix 2: Enable for 2d GPU rendering.
    This one's my personal favorite. First your going to need to make your way into developer settings. This can be done by going into the 'About' section and tapping 'Build number' a bunch of times. You should see a little message telling you that developer settings have been enabled. Once done, go back to the main settings screen and scroll down. This is where you'll find developer options. Enter this, scroll down, and enable 'Force GPU Rendering'.

Fix 3: Touchscreen fixer app.
    This app automates a command that might help you with your issue. It does require a rooted device, so keep that in mind. Install and forget it's there.

Touch fixer App: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/app-touch-screen-fixer-t3079029

Fix 4: Screen dithering
    This is a fairly new method. It was pretty effective on my End and I recommend it for the more advanced users. You can find instructions in the link below

Screen Dithering Method:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/ghost-touches-flickering-graphics-t2900756

Fix 5: The ol' fridge trick
    This plays off the idea that heat Is the cause of these touch issues. Whether this is true or not, I will leave it for those of you that wish to try. Just take your device and place it in the fridge for a good 10 minutes.

Still having these issues? Maybe it's time to RMA your device. If you have any questions regarding touch related issues, please comment below.

Liked the guide? Show your appreciation by leaving some feed back.

It'd be great if this could get pinned for newer members that are affected by the issue . @BrettPlusOne

Last edited: May 5, 2015

2. dustbunnyck
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

3. Majamulli
    KitKat May 5, 2015

Majamulli , May 5, 2015 :
    See my signature for awesome touch screen issues which surely won't go away with any of this. Waiting for RMA now.

4. Majinferno

Mine went away :)
    Please don't stop users for trying to fix an issue. It's non beneficial and serves no real purpose. A user can RMA any time. I'm just trying to help those that are not able to or would rather attempt a fix themselves.

wilsmits and stephenlotus like this.
  5. minducanada
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

minducanada , May 5, 2015 :
    To this day I'm still not sure what touch screen issues are and if I'm experiencing them but simply haven't realized

Majamulli likes this.
  6. Majamulli
    KitKat May 5, 2015

Sorry if my post was misunderstood, I was not trying to stop people from trying to fix their problems. There are a lot of issues with the touch screen, some can be fixed by yourself through the software but others can't. I wanted to give an example of a problem so bad that RMA or repairing are the only options left.

Just to show people that not everything can be fixed by yourself.

Majinferno likes this.
  7. Majinferno

Understandable. Thanks for sharing your message.

Majamulli likes this.
  8. Majamulli
    KitKat May 5, 2015

There are lots of different ones. Ghost touches, certain parts which aren't responding anymore, multi-touch not being registered well, stuff like that... Those could be potentially fixed with what was suggested from @Majinferno .

And then there's the problem where just nothing works anymore after you had the phone in your pocket and it's warm. That has probably something to do with the grounding of the screen, perhaps the glue. Theories are floating around, some people managed to fix it, others didn't, OnePlus wasn't able to reproduce it so it's not totally clear what's happening.

However it's obvious that it's a hardware and not a software problem so the fixed mentioned here most likely will not help. In my signature you can see what that looks like if you're interested.

9. Dulay28

Majinferno and Majamulli like this.
  10. Majinferno

Majamulli likes this.
  11. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

Majamulli likes this.
  12. wilsmits
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

wilsmits , May 5, 2015 :