OnePlus One Touchscreen Issues and Ghost touch issues

?

Are you also facing the Ghost touch and unresponsive screen issues in OnePlus?

1. Yes (Very Often)

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No (Never)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Sometimes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. VatsRahul Eclair May 16, 2015

VatsRahul, May 16, 2015 :
    Hi OnePlus team

Let me start with this. I have been a big fan of OnePlus One phone, I find its design very aesthetic , the specs are just top end, and the price well supervalue for money. In short it is truly a flagship killer , as they say. I have not been a big fan of the OnePlus camera specially in night shots but I thought they will fix it and I will buy the next version as soon as it is launched.

Now let me rephrase the sentence , I have been a big fan of One Plus One phone in the first three months of usage (Winters in India). And after that the problems start surfacing and it has reached to such levels that sometimes I just want to throw this phone . All the love and respect is gone.

It starts like this , as soon as the summer heat starts, my phone starts developing these touch issues. There is ghost typing , unresponsive screen and sometimes the touchscreen is a piece of rock. One day the ghost typing types a message infront of me and sends it to my office team and I could't do anything , it was really embarrassing . I am unable to open my lockscreen sometimes as I would press some number and the screen responds to some other number on the edge of touchscreen. Once I spent 15 minutes just to unlock my phone and make an important call. I hope you understand how frustrating it gets.

I contacted the OnePlus India support to which they said that you need to clean your cache which I did but in vain. They then asked me to hard reset the phone which I did but in vain again. I thought it is a digitizer issue but they insisted it is a software issue so I waited for Cyanogen CM 12 thinking maybe it solves the problem . I installed the Cyanogen update around 20th April but after tat the touchscreen problems have increased all the more . I have some recorded video where I am trying to unlock the phone but the ghost typing is pressing something else. Please find the videos attached .

What I have read and heard the problem is due to static charge and digitizer problem , I don't know how they will solve it with a software update. Now if this problem persists , I would request to give me a stable good working phone or I would rather thrash this phone and start the campaign of #ThrashmyOnePlus to bring back the iPhone or Nexus 5.

Require immediate attention. Please help. Keep my faith in OnePlus phone and the team intact.

Last edited: May 16, 2015

2. VatsRahul Eclair May 16, 2015

3. goxie Cupcake May 18, 2015

goxie, May 18, 2015 :
    I have what seems the very same problem with my OPO.
    Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

4. Subham Sutaria Cupcake Aug 12, 2019

Subham Sutaria, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I have a problem with my One Plus One phone touchscreen. Sometimes, it does some random clicks anywhere on the screen even if i haven't clicked there or scroll automatically. Basically, the phone goes out of control, functions on its own. After i restart the phone, this problems gets solved but then it starts again randomly after sometime or few hours...!! Clearing caches also didn't helped much because it happens in all apps.
    How to solve this issue?