OnePlus One vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which has the better camera?

1. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I see. So first you dont want to prove something, now you want me to prove something. You seem to have a problem in sticking to the topic. Here is why I said fruity is inferior to OPO in terms of camera specs.

f2, 13MP, 6 lens, 4K video for OPO
    OIS, PDAF and questionable better sensor for the fruity.

Clear winner OPO.

Apparently you are the one who is singing lalalala by repeating irrelevant opinions instead of showing how you make your claims. Your claim of fruity being faster is questionable you have nothing to show for it. SRPat did post a link where shot and shutter lags were shown, however I did say that the shot lag is not entirely a camera dependent thing since it also involves how fast you write to the storage. Thats clearly visible when you look at how RAW and JPG are written.

As for fruity taking better photos compared to OPO, did I not also mention that that aspect seem to be because of a software\OS issue rather than a hardware one? Which is the whole reason why this debate even happened, because OPO's superior specs are leveraged by other photographic apps while the stock one sucks big way.

Despite your claims of being someone who does a lot comparisons and knowledgeable about features, you seem to have a lot of gaps (6 lens for magnification for example) and your data has inconsistency (geekbch score where what i get closely matches whats posted in primatelabs while yours are way off). So while I wouldn't say you make up data, I do question the methods you use to generate them. And that is why I keep asking for data\evidence. So, if you have something useful, post them here. If you keep writing fruity is better or par camera h/w so be it. I know for a fact that you are wrong. Keep this debate useful rather than hurling person insults if you can.

2. daimoo
    Froyo Dec 4, 2014

daimoo , Dec 4, 2014 :
    totally agree to that! i don't understand if people are saying iphone6 colors are much better! i can get those colors and even more with raw!
    but if i just want to point and click its iphone

3. varmabhm
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2014

varmabhm , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I was a Iphone geek since last 6 years and i got One Plus as my first Android phone.. I love the Pics taken on One plus compared to Iphone 5s

4. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Focus pixel is in fact old technolgy found in some samsungs before and do have dependncy on sensor. PDAF is not a sensor tech but rather a lens tech with a separate processor for doign the AF sensor process and calculations. While you do have exact chip data for image sensor of OPO, there is nothing for fruity. By looking at Chipworks study and reviews, it appears that the sensor hasn't changed. I will get that review posted here later.

5. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

rwoods716 , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Dude what is wrong with you? Both cameras are better for different things. You just don't want to admit it. You point out that I keep repeating the same points. This is true. You are repeating the same points as well. You're entire defense is that you don't want to believe the facts. Seriously, c'mon. This is just getting ridiculous.

6. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Well, it looks to me as if it's changed. There are a lot more features in the iPhone 6 camera that weren't in the 5S.

7. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Exactly. Well said.

8. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Both cameras are better for different things is correct. But its not the same as comparing hardware specs. OPO has better hardware than fruity. If there is anything ridiculous its the part where you completly confuses hardware sepcs with what each can do.

9. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Dude that's just the worst! I've seen it where if you defend the iPhone in the slightest you get called an Apple fanboy. After all, in order to not be an Apple fanboy, you have to be completely biased toward Android, right? But this is just the worst.

10. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    I gotta go back to where I found this and then read back. 6 can do a lot more than 5 but could be that entirely not due to sensor upgrade. Or it could be that they have a new sensor. I dont know. do you know what chipset they use?

11. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

You're contradicting yourself. Your original thesis has been fully disproved. If you want to try to keep it alive, it doesn't bother me. If you want to only believe some of the facts here, it doesn't bother me. Just remember this: just because you prefer a camera with a higher resolution, that doesn't mean that the hardware is better.

12. Jacob_M_Schwab
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2014

Jacob_M_Schwab , Dec 4, 2014 :
    IPhone is the obvious choice. You can clean up the photos of the one plus one on photo-shop and make them superior, but who wants to do that? IOS hit the nail on the head with image processing.
    Megapixels doesn't always translate into better photos.

stevoswifty likes this.
  13. stevoswifty
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2014

stevoswifty , Dec 4, 2014 :
    IPhone cameras are good iphones in general are good just the iOS that ruins it same shit different spec all locked up

14. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    How so?

Its what you think\say. Its my facts\numbers against your opinion\theory. If you think opinion\their supersedes facts\numbers, then yes, my thesis that OPO has superior camera h/w specs against fruity is disproved.

I see that of all the points I mentioned about OPO, camera, you have zoomed in on the resolution factor and that too with a theory of being slow with no data to support it.

15. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Why don't you tell me what opinion I'm presenting over your facts? You keep saying that i'm just presenting my opinion but you never say how. The camera on the iPhone is faster than the one on the two phone. That's a fact. That's not my opinion.

16. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Why don't you tell me a way to prove that the camera on the iPhone is faster than the camera on the two phone? I've taken thousands of photos with each. I'm pretty confident that the iPhone 6 has a faster camera than the two phone. I'm guessing you won't give me a way to prove it because you're so afraid to admit you're wrong about this.

17. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Megapixels never translates into better photos. One you hit a certain threshold with resolution, it just doesn't matter anymore unless you intend to crop the images.

Jacob_M_Schwab likes this.
  18. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

Well, yea. If you don't like iOS then an iPhone definitely isn't for you. :)

19. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2014

sarin.j , Dec 4, 2014 :
    Facts: H/w specs comparison.
    Opinion: Camera is faster (thats what you saying now. Till a while ago it was Camera is faster because of MP difference. So I am not sure in what respect your reference to speed).

20. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 4, 2014

I mean that when the camera is open and you press the shutter button, it takes a picture faster. That's it. It really depends on what you want from your camera. If you want a fast camera where you can quickly open it and quickly snap a photo and post it to Facebook or Instagram, the iPhone has better hardware for that. If you're going to crop or resize the image, the two phone has better hardware for that. Like I said, neither one has better hardware.

By the way, when I said that your original claim was disproved, I meant when you said that you were surprised that the iPhone took better photos than the two phone because the hardware on the iPhone is inferior. Clearly, the difference in resolution has no weight on the comparison. The only way to make the difference in resolution realize is to resize the images, so that original claim was disproven.