Oneplus one VS S6

1. 10996455
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

2. NWKENT
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

NWKENT , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Yeh..what you said..AND..just purchase another 1+1..and you'd still be ahead, How much is the S6.? Is it at least 2x better device (or any other for that matter) compared to the 1+1.?

I purchased two SandStone Black's..and adore them..I have had ZERO problems..have been using cell phone, bag phones, mobile phones since 1989..and these 1+1's are the first devices that I truly enjoy owning..which includes the fact of customization such as Unlocking, Rooting, ROMing..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

amorales2 likes this.
  3. amorales2
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015

amorales2 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    I have explored it plenty. I just know when something is cyanogen's fault or not. Im rooted with a different kernel and different modem. I use my opo to install linux / windows on customers computers using an iso mounting app. I also run diagnostic software in a similar way. I use xposed framework to tweak many different things. I lowered the dpi on my opo so I cam have more screen realestate. I also developed an android game using unreal4 and install development apks using adb.

Im not sure what else I need to do to "explorer it fully".

NWKENT likes this.
  4. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2015

WillL , Apr 21, 2015 :
    If you have the money, get the S6. It will be better supported, both for returns and updates. My OPO is working fine, but if it does go wrong, I won't be getting another. The update fiasco is a joke. I don't mind so much the delays, just that when it is finally rolled out it contains new bugs.

Never again.

5. Jinxcn
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

6. Hasaan12
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2015

Hasaan12 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    The lg g4 ?

7. paul yazbeck

paul yazbeck , Apr 21, 2015 :
    I would be ashamed of having a phone as ugly as the S6 even if it's specs are superior to the One's.

8. RedDragon22
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015

RedDragon22 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    wow... well said man!
    actually what do you mean?

9. NWKENT
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

NWKENT , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Why are many, always complaining about "updates"..are thier devices not useable, having two SandStone Blacks on 0Q5, my devices run flawlessly..I always wait for the complete OS firmware, avoid at all cost, any OTA..I pick/choose which update I want, always wait some time to pass, for a few updates on a OS version change..Avoiding all the "dirty" stuff..(on my daily driver)..my second device is used for testing, BUT even then, I wait for the above mentioned, if it all works out, then I flash my Nandriod to my daily driver..

Also..what many do not consider, is the apps. they have installed (or the combination of) may conflict with the new update/OTA..

I always flash the complete OS on a clean device, run it some..then I install all my apps with Titanium..

NEVER install an OTA..unless your prepaired for down time..NO ONE should complain, except when they have done the above mentioned procedures and have a problem..

10. ppod
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2015

ppod , Apr 21, 2015 :
    May I reccomend
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT-S50-Ruggedised-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Slate/dp/B00NH4OJHG

Bought for my pops after two phones dropped and smashed in a month, and still going strong after multiple drops

11. Dvoraak
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

Dvoraak , Apr 21, 2015 :
    The S6 is impressive in nearly every respect. I only had one a few days because I couldn't adjust to the smaller screen but TW has come a long, long way. If root is important though, check and make sure recent Samsungs in your carrier or regional version have gotten root access. My AT&T Note 4 still has no root so I knew not to expect root with the AT&T S6.

12. simon1+
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

13. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

14. sayem
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

15. imyou
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

16. benni788
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

NWKENT likes this.
  17. Stopiwala

Stopiwala , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Sorry. Might be able to sell it on secondary market for good amount still. I'd ditch it and get something else. I am just waiting to be inspired by another phone.