Oneplus one VS S6

1. Parisone
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

2. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Apr 7, 2015

gaster , Apr 7, 2015 :
    What you can't believe? I said simpe things. That if he has the patience he can wait to save his money or otherwise go for another phone or waiting for OP2. Simple. It's his choice at all. And about OP2, if i judge from the One that it came out with the best hardware for that days back, it can be the same for the OP2 also. Soon we 'll know.

I don't like personally to give 800€ for a Samsung Galaxy S6 that will not give me the stuff that One gave me about speed and freedom to use it full. So we speak about 400€ difference and i meant that it worth the waiting. I don't like also to go by force for a conctract to buy a phone like Galaxy S6. OP2 i think also that it will cost more but of course it will be also something more than a reliable device

3. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

malidan , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Bro the guys been waiting 4 weeks for a reply and you say wait abit longer, would you do that?
    It could take another 2 to 4 weeks before the thing even goes back, then god knows how long to return it.
    I would save the money, time and hassle and get a proper device.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015

XGUESS and Master Hand like this.
  4. zoolahishkobob
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2015

zoolahishkobob , Apr 7, 2015 :

I had the note 3 since it came out. It's basically my backup phone now. I kind of regret buying it because I rarely use the spen features. I rooted the phone and I currently have CM12 on it and comparing it to touch wiz I wouldn't go back to the original stock software. If you love the functions and will use it then I would say go for it but there are a lot of better phones out there compared to that one.

5. Master Hand
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2015

Master Hand , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Agreed. The Oneplus defense team is getting ridiculous...

dhaugru and XGUESS like this.
  6. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

t4ww4b , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Bloatware is a waste of time.

7. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

amartens181 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Display is a step down?

8. amorales2
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2015

amorales2 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I give up. Not sure what all the fuss is about for touchwiz all of a sudden but its been total dogshit until now. Im sure itll be be better than it was but theres no way itll be as good as CyanogenMod is.

9. Master Hand
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2015

Master Hand , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Bloatware can be disabled, so what is your point?

Skf123 likes this.
  10. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

gmanphx , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I doubt if more than a 100 people will have one by the end of September.

Master Hand and dhaugru like this.
  11. dhaugru
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

dhaugru , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Gotta like that device replacement warranty though.

Skf123 and Master Hand like this.
  12. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Yeah apparently the display isn't as good as the m7 or m8.

13. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I've got a lot of apps on my nexus 5 that i consider bloatware as i never use them. Good thing about Android is you can hide them from the app drawer or completely disable them.

14. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Yeah HTC is great for thing's like that, another thing i like about them is that you can buy a 2nd hand HTC phone from anyone and the warranty will be with you, no need for proof of purchase or anything. Not sure if it's like that everywhere but that's their policies for UK.

dhaugru likes this.
  15. dhaugru
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

dhaugru , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Not sure if its transferable in the states or not.

Skf123 likes this.
  16. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

amartens181 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I haven't seen that, but I do think that a quad HD display should not be used unless the battery is upgraded at leat 25% which no one has decided to do, so it is in no way a deal breaker for me to not have quad HD, and I don't understand why people are like meh about the hardly changed design, if it's a good design, it should be stuck with, I don't really know how they could even change their design without looking like copycats, there aren't many ways to go about designing a rectangular shape...

17. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

18. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I've got no gripes about the design, i think the reason a lot of people were disappointed is because of the evleaks supposed picture of the m9 and m9 plus
    htc-one-m9-evleaks.jpg
    Looks much nicer than the actual one but that's not to say the real m9 doesn't look nice, it looks great and anyway people don't care when Apple keep the exact same design for 2 years so why have a go at HTC.

I agree about not putting a 2k display on something that won't handle it well, a 1080p display is fine but they could have improved it a little.

This is what anandtech said about it:

"The next aspect worth examining is the display. To HTC’s credit, a 1080p display at 5 inches is the right tradeoff to make with an RGB-stripe display. However, it’s concerning to see significant regressions in almost every area when comparing the display to the M8. An amazing display is almost a requirement for flagship smartphones at this point, and to see such a poor display with equally poor calibration is disappointing. It was clear in the past that HTC genuinely cared about delivering an amazing display, but somewhere along the way it seems that they forgot. We can speculate about the reasons behind this, but this is something that HTC has to fix if they want to remain relevant in the smartphone space, just like every other OEM at this point."

And regarding the battery life:

"The other critical point of a smartphone is its ability to remain mobile. Battery life is probably the most important aspect of any smartphone, and a poor showing here can be enough to write off a phone. HTC has traditionally done quite well here despite using a smaller battery in their phones than average. Unfortunately, this isn’t true of the One M9. Despite using a newer SoC and a bigger battery, HTC regresses significantly in battery life when compared to the One M8. Although it seems that MIPI command mode has been removed from the One M9, it’s likely that most of the increased power draw can be directly attributed to the SoC, as the impact of panel self-refresh is relatively small."

I still think the biggest downfall will be the 810 chip, it's responsible for causing most of the problems which does make me feel bad for HTC, it's not like Samsung would sell them the exynos 7420 chip so they had to go for the next best thing.

19. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Even if it isn't i don't think HTC advantage or uh oh applies in the UK so you still get the better deal lol.

dhaugru likes this.
  20. simong
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2015

simong , Apr 7, 2015 :
    How ironic. They just announced how much better their customer service has gotten