Oneplus one VS S6

1. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

amartens181 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I don't know... Samsung was making chips for Apple, most of the RAM in phones is Samsung's, if Samsung thought they would make money, they would --but I guess they don't think so

2. Esenbek
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

3. IwantOneplus!
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2015

4. Skf123
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2015

Skf123 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    They definitely wouldn't sell their 7420, Samsung have a massive advantage over the competition when it comes to their displays and now their exynos chipset, they never sell any company their top of the range displays so i can't imagine them selling their chipset especially since they are trying to sell as many phone's as they can this year.

5. h3lll
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

h3lll , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Would never have waited so long, get the s6 and be done with one plus! A friend went through RMA and took 2 months, absolute joke! Luckily no need to have any dealings with them my self

6. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

amartens181 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I guess they did start caring about their mobile division... I don't like the mobile division though, so idk; I prefer many other companies over it...

7. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2015

Gonzo01 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    if you already have given up on OPO, just take a look around, pick one and enjoy your new toy. and don't break it (very soon)...:)

8. M4ENY
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

M4ENY , Apr 7, 2015 :
    So kinda like how CM wrapped around the stock android as well? Just face it man you hate the touchwiz and in the past you had a good point but now it's not really relevant anymore.

@Skf123 like what he said there are actually alot of people who don't like the stock android experience mainly because it's too boring.

At the end it comes down to which cup of tea you prefer yourself. I like green tea but you may not like it. Doesn't make it a bad tea ;)

dhaugru likes this.
  9. zulf91
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

10. Joey L.
    OnePlus Customer Support Apr 7, 2015

Joey L. , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are here to help.
    Could you please let me know your CS ticket number? I'll look into it and escalate it with our customer support team.
    Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes,
    Joey L

11. Deactivated User
    Apr 7, 2015

12. amorales2
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2015

amorales2 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    I do hate the touchwiz lol. CM is popular because its an extremely lightweight wrapper compared to touchwiz or other in-house OS.

I am being hard on touchwiz because its been universally crap up until now. It seems samsung knows this and is trying to fix it. I wont be switching to another samsung phone until I see proof.

I honestly hope its not crap. It would be nice to have flagship hardware with lightweight in-house software (like the opo) but with the support of a huge company like samaung. But at the moment I think its too good to be true. But we'll see.

M4ENY likes this.
  13. M4ENY
    KitKat Apr 7, 2015

M4ENY , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Now you are talking :)
    Always good to have a more balanced thought on things lol
    But yeh I know what you mean. I too am waiting to see the s6 touchwiz in full action and hope that it is what we are all waiting for.

amorales2 likes this.
  14. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Apr 7, 2015

gaster , Apr 7, 2015 :
    We ll see. But even if it will come later it means it will have the last tech hardware too. My current One can easy handle this period of time

gmanphx likes this.
  15. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

giaur500 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    You are comparing newer s6 to older 1+1, obviously s6 has better hadrdware. However, touchwiz and samsung software look is terrible for me. It's just the matter of taste, but personally I don't like samsung roms.

16. sahil7827
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

17. JRedmond7233
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2015

JRedmond7233 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Hey guys so many of you have asked well the new folks on here have asked if the OPO is better than the S6 i happen to own both phones and here is my view Samsung Galaxy S6 vs OnePlus one: Samsung:Many many many steps up from last generation and generations before it, the phone contains a amazing 8 core processor that can handle the most of the multi tasking you can ask for. The screen is another strong point on the S6 it has a 2k display panel vs the oneplus ones 1080P panel and i do have to say that samsung's display is much more crisp and provides deep blacks and whiter whites. Batterylife one both devices is great but i do give this one to the oneplus one for lasting the extra 1 hour and 20 minutes in my testing. but you do have to consider that the battery is almost 16 % smaller in the samsung vs the Oneplus and the samsung is running a 2k display and a 8 core processor. OperatingSystem: I give this one to both the samsung and Opo samsung has cleaned their os up tons fold flipboard is now enjoyable to use as it has much more news and aesthetics into the app I have been using this more than google now cards for my daily news. The oneplus is a pure android experience that does not lack a single detail however since it is cyanogyen its a pretty open based os and allows you to do what you would like with it. since i have never added a rom or rooted the oneplus this doesnt matter to me however it might matter to you. Design: I give this by far to the samsung. the all glass deisgn makes holding the device in the hand a pleasure from holding the rough and bumpy oneplus one. (64gb). The samsung device also has gorilla glass 4 which to me is a major plus as i believe its almost 10% more durable than the 3rd generation glass. Overall i do like both devices but when it comes down to it its up to you. However we can list the pros and cons Pros For the Samsung: The best design i have to say, Better Processor, Better display, new 4th generation glass. Wireless charging. Cons For The Samsung: Worse battery life 16% smaller battery. Design but that is up to the user of choice. Higher Price Tag Pros For The OnePlus One: Better battery life, Cyanogen (Again up to the user) Cheaper Price Tag. Bad support for the oneplus as it takes almost a week to get into contact with the support team. WINNER: Samsung Galaxy S6 (user choice) Guys again this is up to you i do like the S6 due to the better support and the better design of the phone overall. Like this thread if you like the review

M4ENY, Majamulli and Skf123 like this.
  18. poodster
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2015

Hasaan12, yaltis, drmodify and 3 others like this.
  19. amartens181
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

20. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

sidlittlefield , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Don't make fun, his enter button was stolen.